• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Off topic but if you Have not already Watched Paul Harrell’s review of the Wildcat I think you might enjoy it?
    I have not, I’ll try to watch it tonight after work, love Paul Harrell, saddened that I found out about him right before he died..

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Waste of money. Change the the trigger, change the barrel,change the stock. OK that's kewl , but why? Why not start with savage they shoot right out of the box. There are several way better options in my opinion, but it's your money.
    I will leave you with this, I shoot competition, I never see a Ruger anything on the line.
    Since there are quite a few semi auto models which one would you recommend? Don't include ones with a chassis style stock please.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Waste of money. Change the the trigger, change the barrel,change the stock. OK that's kewl , but why? Why not start with savage they shoot right out of the box. There are several way better options in my opinion, but it's your money.
    I will leave you with this, I shoot competition, I never see a Ruger anything on the line.
    I also shoot competition and never see a Savage or any other high end gun on the line.
    There are more competitions beside group shooting. Some actually involve speed.
    In Steel Challenge the 10/22 dominates with a occasional AR/22 or Tippman.
    Different games require different toys.

Last edited:

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I kind of thought there must be someone out there that has used one for competition?

I think I have even noticed reviews on A Ruger Precision Rifle that was a 22lr. Sure it’s way pricey . But in my opinion I have had good experiences with all of Rugers offerings that I have purchased from my SR9c to rifles .

If something works well and is affordable yeah it’s probably going to be fine for me.
    The 10/22 (even my takedown model) are short range tack drivers.
    My son can split Q-tips at 50 yards. He is a much better shot than I am...but it shows what the 10/22 can do.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The 10/22 (even my takedown model) are short range tack drivers.
    My son can split Q-tips at 50 yards. He is a much better shot than I am...but it shows what the 10/22 can do.
    I think for many firearms are more accurate than the end user. For me I don’t get real hung up in getting things through the same hole using a rest. I am good if I can consistently hit a steel plate up to 75 yards off hand in a Houston we have a problem time frame.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Kicking around the idea of picking one up to go with the 14 and 30. The 30 is a bit pricey to shoot not liking steel and all, but my experiences with the Ruger carbines has been favorable.

So why not at a10/22 ammo is cheap and readily available, one of the things I was thinking about was a binary trigger, any have any experience with them ? Fun accessories or waste of money?

Thanks
    Can I suggest a anniversary model?

1725842875988.png

1725842981451.png

Your choice
    $277

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I shoot competition, I never see a Ruger anything on the line.
    Depends on the type of competition. I see a lot of 10/22s at Steel Challenge and Rimfire Challenge.

Edit:
    I have two I use for steel challenge and they have been dependable for thousands of rounds.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The newish Winchester Wildcat can use the 10/22 mag if they were awful, they wouldn’t done that..
    Using a mag someone else has done all of the R&D on saves a bunch of money. They did incorporate a last round bolt hold open into their bolt/mag interface. The LRBO doesn't work unless you are using The OEM mags.

Top Bottom