• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    What kind of 10/22? What are you using it for?

I've got an EOTech on my tactical 10/22 and a millet on my classic 10/22.

Top Hat 45 shoots high level competition with 10/22s and has a range of scopes.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    What kind of 10/22? What are you using it for?

I've got an EOTech on my tactical 10/22 and a millet on my classic 10/22.

Top Hat 45 shoots high level competition with 10/22s and has a range of scopes.

It's just classic with wood Stock and blue barrel. Just gonna be a fun plinking gun. Don't believe i'll do any matches or anything. I'm new to scopes so what you just told me went right over the top!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I just picked up a .22 special by BSA from Bradis for $20. I put it on my sons plinkster 702. For $20 I couldn't be happier. We only shot it out to 25 yards though. This weekend I am going to monkey with it on the 50 yard range and see what I can get out of it. I have zero knowledge or experience with scopes though so I don't have the use of a "good" one to compare it to.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    For a plinking gun I would use a straight 4 power scope. You will not be hooting out past 50 yards, 4x will do you fine. Didn't say how much you want to spend, but if you want something inexpensive I suggest Simmons. I put one of the ones in the link below on both of my sons 10-22 and they have been using them for years.

Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 4x 32mm Truplex Reticle Matte with Rings - MidwayUSA

If you are willing to spend a little more money than Nikon makes a good scope.

Nikon Prostaff Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope 4x 32mm Nikoplex Reticle with 3/8" Dovetail Rings Matte - MidwayUSA

Last edited:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    One of the custom 10/22 builders who advertises in Gunbroker puts Barska scopes on this products. He said that he has had very good luck with them and prefers them over the much more expensive offerings of other scopemakers. I put one on my hammered barrel 10/22 and it seems to work very well. I have put several hundred rounds through it and it has yet to fall off my gun, have the crosshairs break or lose zero. Just my two cents.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I love my BSA on my 10/22. The only real issue I found with any scope on a 10/22 is eye relief. You have to be able to mount the scope far enough forward to have enough eye relief in all positions to be able to see through the scope and to keep the stock on your shoulder. I ended up going with a volquartsen mount that extends forward over the barrel.

Top Bottom