• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Tac Innovations makes their adjustable mags now in plastic body, they are the same as the alloy ones, but MUCH cheaper (18 bucks). Something to think about.

Aside from Factory and TacInn, the Butler Creek steel lip mags are okay.

Dang it Simon! How did you color your factory clear mags!? :D Inquiring minds want to know! I could use a "Yeay America" mag trifecta! :)

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Wondered if anyone would notice

I wondered if anyone would notice the model 96 thrown in there. It is actually a 96/22. .22 long rifle. Has been out of production since early 2000's and a bear to find. I also have a 10/22magnum in the safe.

I love the 96/22 and there is a video on here somewhere of me using it at Friday Night Steel. It is a fun little gun to shoot and reeasonably accurate right out of the box.

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    Blue10-22.jpg

Mags.jpg

I also added a pic of some mags that have been colored to match a build

I LOVE the blue 10/22. Do you do any work for hire? I have an extra stock stock (does that make sense?) from my M1 Carbine conversion.

I am also interested in knowing how you did the colored clear mags.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The Trimag is the way to go. Those old goofy banana mags are so 90s.

And yes even the best arent as reliable as the ruger factory. The rotary mag is a huge reason why the 10/22 is a great rifle, giving up on it for 25 rounds is most times not worth it.

In my opinion. And yes I have 4 or 5 of the $75 tactical innovations magazines, I wish I could get that money back somehow.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I will tell you Markz the only thing about the trimags, they are better if the mags are clear.

I made the mistake of using black mags, and sometimes, in the middle of a course of fire you forget which one is empty, and which one is not :)

So basically I had to train myself to always rotate it one direction, and I labeled the mags 1 2 3 etc.

Congrats!

<edit: Oh also, another downside is its a little tricky to find a good mag holder for a trimag.>

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    I will tell you Markz the only thing about the trimags, they are better if the mags are clear.

I made the mistake of using black mags, and sometimes, in the middle of a course of fire you forget which one is empty, and which one is not :)

So basically I had to train myself to always rotate it one direction, and I labeled the mags 1 2 3 etc.

Congrats!

<edit: Oh also, another downside is its a little tricky to find a good mag holder for a trimag.>

Ah, good point about the black mags. I have three black mags presently. I will take my handy dandy silver Sharpie and number them! Thanks for the pointer!

As for a trimag holder, here is where I ordered my mags:

FS 10/22 TRIMAGS & Trimag Holsters___ Special Prices for RFC MEMBERS ONLY!! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

He has trimag holsters as well. I didn't order the holster, but the trimags were $22 shipped for 2 of them.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    NO WAY DUDE.

O M G. you just made my week.

Trimag holsters! You have no idea how SICK I am with bumbling around with one in my pocket.

Dude. I want to have your babies. holy cow. Credit card is out and 3 are on their way !

THANKS! :rockwoot:

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    NO WAY DUDE.

O M G. you just made my week.

Trimag holsters! You have no idea how SICK I am with bumbling around with one in my pocket.

Dude. I want to have your babies. holy cow. Credit card is out and 3 are on their way !

THANKS! :rockwoot:

I'll take that as a compliment (I think!)

Glad I could help! What color did you order?

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nevermind.. you said holsters... I thought you meant the trimag itself...

If you haven't ordered yet, you should check Bradis. I believe they have some in stock and they are $10.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I got the black. Works with all my other stuff, and its.. more slimming.

Very excited to recieve them. Thanks again.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    More expensive

The guy on Rimfirecentral keeps advertising that he is selling the Trimag at such a bargain to RFC folks when he is more expensive than Most places. Bradis keeps them in stock at 9.95 each and as soon as Alan at Trimag has the holsters more readily available they will probably have those also.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The guy on Rimfirecentral keeps advertising that he is selling the Trimag at such a bargain to RFC folks when he is more expensive than Most places. Bradis keeps them in stock at 9.95 each and as soon as Alan at Trimag has the holsters more readily available they will probably have those also.

Sure but for some of us its a 2 hour round trip drive to Bradis.

You know, it IS convenient to have stuff delivered to your door and not have to hop in the car and spend 3 dollar gas and time.

Just sayin. If I have to choose between a brick and mortar store an hour away, and paying an extra buck to have it delivered to my door while I carry on with the other responsibilities of life...

:dunno:

However I do agree it is more fun to pop into a gunshop and check stuff out and say hi to the owner.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    ?????????

If he is including shipping at his advertised price then I can agree with your reasoning. But if you are paying shipping charges then it doesn't add up.

And you are right it is always more fun to pop into a shop and look around:rockwoot:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I will let you know, he already shipped em the same day. I will do a full review when I recieve them.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Sweet. I am going to put my first 10/22 to good use on saturday and I bought 2 trimags at Bradis (they are not too far from me).

I should also have a quick range report on the trimags.

Top Bottom