• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    -1 to the douchebag drunk that pulled out in front of us today.

Traveling northbound on 67 heading up to Bradis after some lunch and early morning sledding, some drunk pulls out of a cross street right into our path. Mr88GT tried to avoid, but there was no way.

We had the boys with us, so I was out in a flash to make sure they were okay. The driver of the truck behind us saw it all and said his wife was already making the 9-1-1 call. Then he offered to let my boys sit in his truck to keep warm. While this is going on the, DB driver hops in his car and flees.

Thankfully, he's stupid enough to pull a U-turn and head back southbound on 67 so that Mr88GT got his license. Mooresville PD found him at Squealers and apparently gave him a pretty good verbal lashing for his behavior.

We are all okay. The boys seem to be none the worse for wear as of now. But we'll see if that lasts. I know these things can manifest as much as 2 or 3 days later. The airbags deployed (and OMG does that propellant stink to high heaven). Mine smacked me in the face with such force that it hurt for at least 20 minutes after and I still have redness on the cheeks and nose and some tiny, tiny lacerations. My neck and shoulders are so very sore. But I'm hoping that just the general pain of a collision and not any real damage or injury. Mr88GT says his trunk/torso area is sore.

The 4Runner didn't fare so well.

Crash1_zps81b4fc78.jpg

Crash4_zps9747d12f.jpg

The sign is part of all the stuff we had to remove once it made its way to the yard.

Crash3_zps3967f12f.jpg

Given the age and mileage of it, I'm betting it's a total.

I don't know how the drunk's truck drove because the wheel is canted so badly. I snapped this shot from outside the fence at Mooresville's police impound lot. It doesn't have much detail since it was such a long distance pic, but you can still just see the wheel's position relative to the truck.

Crash2_zps2798e1d9.jpg

As bad as all that was, I think the worst is yet to come. His reported insurance carrier was SafeAuto. $50 says he doesn't have coverage and that was just purchased in order to register the vehicle. Even if he does, I bet it's going to be a ***** to get them to pay for anything.

However, there is a silver lining. We left the boys with Grandma at our house (she came to pick us up) so we could go get the stuff out of the 4Runner. On the way home, we did make that stop at Bradis. And who do I see in Bradis2 but our very own Que. As close as we live to each other, and as many INGO events, etc that have taken place, can you believe that the two of us have never met? So I introduced myself, and we chatted for a bit.

Then I came home to the inevitably increasing aches and soreness, righteous pissed-off-edness, and utter thankfulness that the truck is all that was hurt. (Besides, I'm no longer attached to vehicles; I only get my heart broken.)

Besides, I do get to eat some chocolate thanks to my Secret Santa gift that came today!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Also glad you are yours are no worse for the wear! Gonna be sore for a while, I'd bet. Give the kids an extra hug or two.

You don't have much luck with vehicles, do you?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    glad you and the family are safe and glad they caught that POS!
    i'd say your truck is for sure totaled because of the airbags as well. it's pretty sad that OWI in the state of indiana is only a misdemeanor and can kill just as a gun can.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Glad everyone is okay and no one was seriously injured. Although I'm sure you'll wake up tomorrow feeling like...well like you got hit by a truck. And yes, the airbags deploying are a smell I will never forget as long as I live. Gross. Here's hoping that the person at fault actually DID have insurance, but like you said. Doubtful. What a tool, fleeing the scene like that. Glad they caught him!!!

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Never met you and your family, but feel like I know you. Me and my family are very happy you and yours could walk away from this. Even with the bumps and bruises to come.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Glad you came out unscathed. You might think about getting in to see a doctor just to be safe. That Toyota sure crumpled up funny.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    +1 that the only casualty was a vehicle. Here's to hoping that those second day aches and pains don't manifest themselves, or minimally if they do.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Well do anything for money.......

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Are you really trying to rent a broken vehicle out?

We were just cleaning out all my tools and stuff and moving them into my truck, sign included.

Now to find a replacement vehicle.........with more mass.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Does anyone know if it's legal to put those wide load flashing yellow beacons on a car/truck? Evidently I'm invisible!!

Top Bottom