• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Update

It is possible he wasn't arrested, but if the police were talking to him and towed his truck he was more than likely arrested.

Got a call this morning from Mooresville PD. He was most definitely arrested. :):

When they had him blow for BAC, he blew a 0.24. But the receipt from the machine jammed, so the officer had to re-administer. He blew a 0.25 the second time. Apparently, 0.25 requires PD to take the DB to the hospital. They found he had a brain injury, probably from not wearing his seat belt and cracking the steering wheel or window. So the arresting officer un-arrests him so taxpayers won't have to pay for his medical care. :): I love that part. A warrant has now been issued for his arrest, and once he is discharged from the hospital, he'll have a ride waiting to pick him up. :D

Officer [redacted] couldn't find any evidence of insurance so more than likely, we'll be suing. I can imagine that will be wildly successful. Suing someone with nothing. Yep, just like suing tenants. :rolleyes: Anybody know a good accident attorney?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Got a call this morning from Mooresville PD. He was most definitely arrested. :):

When they had him blow for BAC, he blew a 0.24. But the receipt from the machine jammed, so the officer had to re-administer. He blew a 0.25 the second time. Apparently, 0.25 requires PD to take the DB to the hospital. They found he had a brain injury, probably from not wearing his seat belt and cracking the steering wheel or window. So the arresting officer un-arrests him so taxpayers won't have to pay for his medical care. :): I love that part. A warrant has now been issued for his arrest, and once he is discharged from the hospital, he'll have a ride waiting to pick him up. :D

Officer xxxxx couldn't find any evidence of insurance so more than likely, we'll be suing. I can imagine that will be wildly successful. Suing someone with nothing. Yep, just like suing tenants. :rolleyes: Anybody know a good accident attorney?

Kenn Nunn must be a good accident attorney since he has commercials on day-time tv all day and a big-fancy office building in Bloomington...but since you'll be going after somebody with nothing, he'll probably not be interested in helping you.:D

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Heard a guy brag once that his sons 8 accidents in a year was nothing. When he was younger he had 12 accidents in one year. :facepalm:
    It would be interesting to know the DBs previous drunk driving/accident history. There is most likely a reason he has safe auto. :alcoholic:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Glad to hear everyone is ok.
    It sucks to have to deal with what may turn out to be an insurance fiasco.
    I always get the uninsured/underinsured coverage on my policy. It doesn't cost much, but can save you from the deadbeats. This is very important if you are hit while riding a motorcycle, because the other guy's medical coverage may be the state's minimun, and that's not going to do much for a biker.

On the plus side, you did get to meet Que. :yesway:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I am a member of the "Smack-A-Ho" Tribe... We can go recoop your losses if need be.

Glad you are ok though. Cars are replaceable, family isnt.

Oh yeah, if you happen to cross paths with the arresting officer, would ya buy him a coffee for me, and I will pay ya back. As hes a genius for his unarresting/warrant tactic.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    List of Charges

• OWI Endangering
    • OWI
    • OWI Per Se
    • Leaving the Secene of a PI Accident
    • Operating While Consuming Alcohol
    • Operating with No Insuarnce
    • Failure to Yield the Right of Way
    • Open Alcohol Container

No resisting charges? I thought that was standard fare these days. ;)

One question though: what is OWI "Per Se?" I know what "per se" means, but not in this context.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    List of Charges

• OWI Endangering
    • OWI
    • OWI Per Se
    • Leaving the Secene of a PI Accident
    • Operating While Consuming Alcohol
    • Operating with No Insuarnce
    • Failure to Yield the Right of Way
    • Open Alcohol Container

No resisting charges? I thought that was standard fare these days. ;)

One question though: what is OWI "Per Se?" I know what "per se" means, but not in this context.

"Per Se" is the name of the charge when your BAC is tested over .08. The OWI charge is for operating while intoxicated itself. Edit: you can be charged and convicted of OWI without a BAC result, but you cannot be charged and convicted of the Per Se without it.

As far as no resisting charges, he probably wised up after he hit you guys but before he got curb-stomped by the police. I think that agencies in Hendricks County are kinder and gentler so he probably didn't get treated too badly.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Good to hear no one was hurt. Those airbags can give quite a wallop when they deploy. I have what is called uninsured motorists insurance on all my auto policies. Guess it would pay for the damages to your car in case someone like the guy that hit you is not insured.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    "Per Se" is the name of the charge when your BAC is tested over .08. The OWI charge is for operating while intoxicated itself. Edit: you can be charged and convicted of OWI without a BAC result, but you cannot be charged and convicted of the Per Se without it.

Ah, that makes sense.

As far as no resisting charges, he probably wised up after he hit you guys but before he got curb-stomped by the police. I think that agencies in Hendricks County are kinder and gentler so he probably didn't get treated too badly.
    It's Morgan Co. but probably still applies. Those small [STRIKE]time[/STRIKE] town departments just don't have the tax revenue to train their LEOs up to be full-fledged JBTs.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Maybe I should call them and offer my experience to train their officers correctly. ;)

who-is-awesome.jpg

Top Bottom