• ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I have decided that this will be my interaction:

"yes, officer I do have a LTCH it is in my left rear pocket. Here it is [STRIKE]and here is my DL[/STRIKE]. Nope, not offended at all since I am a responsible legally carrying person. I do appreciate you checking. Too many illegal carrying felons out there. Thanks again. Be safe!"

Conversation is over in 5 mins...no offended ....I go on my merry way.

I don't have anything to hide nor to prove. Not only that, a respectable conversation on friendly terms does more to convince others who are in ear shot, how legally responsible we are. Had I been at the convenient store getting coffee and my above conversation had happened, the store owner and othe patrons would hve seen the friendly result by the police giving some confidence and credibility to me for future visits to the store.

This has happened on several occasions (sans the LEO) but with store personnel who view me as friendly and respectble.

Again, nothing to hide nor to prove.

FTFY. You should not provide your ID with your LTCH. They can't demand it and they don't need it.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    OK this has been mostly a healthy discusion. Let me ask ya'll this then....I know they cant ask for your DL and I will say the majority say you have to hand of the LTCH. With that said how can the LEO know it is in fact you on the pink slip? After all the picture is on the DL. Pink slip just has your name etc. How would said LEO know it was in fact you?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    OK this has been mostly a healthy discusion. Let me ask ya'll this then....I know they cant ask for your DL and I will say the majority say you have to hand of the LTCH. With that said how can the LEO know it is in fact you on the pink slip? After all the picture is on the DL. Pink slip just has your name etc. How would said LEO know it was in fact you?
    Does he have any reason to believe it is NOT you on the slip? If not, move along.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

Because THIS is the way the state has chosen to handle the situation. Unless he has specific reason to have suspicions that it is not you then there is nothing he can do to buck state law.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

He could always ask you! You'd be honest...........wouldn't you???? :shady:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Why would I have someone else's pink slip?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    They CAN ask for your drivers license! What makes you think they can't?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't get the whole "it's a license not a permit" argument here. No matter what the actual text is, our little pink card is a permission slip. It's semantics at best.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom