• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Those are all ways to give the supplied info to the officer. State law doesn't require you to carry the pinky, it's just your burden to prove you have one. :)

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    just for fun.....someone tell me what charge you would be arrested for if you choose not to show a LEO that you are not breaking the law?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    just for fun.....someone tell me what charge you would be arrested for if you choose not to show a LEO that you are not breaking the law?

Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Note: This version of section effective 7-1-2014. See also preceding version of this section, effective until 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 1. ... a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    (e) A person who knowingly or intentionally violates this section commits a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Level 5 felony:

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    still no one has said charges for not showing a LTCH. i understand the charge if you dont have one but if you choose to buck them and say NO

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    still no one has said charges for not showing a LTCH. i understand the charge if you dont have one but if you choose to buck them and say NO

No one has claimed there is a charge for not showing a LTC. The charge is for carrying a handgun illegally. This has been repeated many times. If you can't quite catch on the facts by now it is certainly nolt our fault.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    bunny-eating-popcorn-o.gif

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

It's been said twice, but I figure since you missed it both times, it's worth repeating.

If you refuse, you will be arrested for carrying a handgun without a license. The fact that you have one means nothing DURING the arrest, but no charges will be filed once it is known that you have one.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I look forward to the day this is settled. I have a strong feeling that the justices would side with the OCer. Have I ASKED an OCer if they had a LTCH to appease a complainant who called 911. Yes, it went like this (I didn't bother getting out of my car), "You have a LTCH for that?" Reply, "Yes, you want to see it?" Me, "No sir, you have a good day." Never asked for his name as it was a consensual encounter, quite frankly, I have little to fear from the person who OC's.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I look forward to the day this is settled. I have a strong feeling that the justices would side with the OCer. Have I ASKED an OCer if they had a LTCH to appease a complainant who called 911. Yes, it went like this (I didn't bother getting out of my car), "You have a LTCH for that?" Reply, "Yes, you want to see it?" Me, "No sir, you have a good day." Never asked for his name as it was a consensual encounter, quite frankly, I have little to fear from the person who OC's.
    This is a perfectly acceptable consensual encounter. As to the last part of your post I would be curious to know Denny, In your profession have you ever heard of someone being shot by a bad actor whom was openly carrying a holstered firearm?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's been said twice, but I figure since you missed it both times, it's worth repeating.

If you refuse, you will be arrested for carrying a handgun without a license. The fact that you have one means nothing DURING the arrest, but no charges will be filed once it is known that you have one.

And there my friends is the difference:

Arrested for = ruining your day

Convicted of = serious life altering consequences.

I agree the driver's license argument is valid. You are observed in the act of something that requires a license to do legally. How can it be argued that for one act it's okay for LEOs to stop and check, and the other it is not? The act itself should be irrelevant.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is a perfectly acceptable consensual encounter. As to the last part of your post I would be curious to know Denny, In your profession have you ever heard of someone being shot by a bad actor whom was openly carrying a holstered firearm?
    Well, as a matter of fact, I had a homicide where we found the husband standing on the front porch OCing and next to that was his CCW badge. Inside, I cleared the house and found the wife shot to death on the couch. He emptied 2 different handguns into her. He also shot his step so but he was able to escape and call 911. I know what you are asking, and no, we don't get robberies, drive-bys, etc with OCers. This was an outlier case.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    And there my friends is the difference:

Arrested for = ruining your day

Convicted of = serious life altering consequences.

I agree the driver's license argument is valid. You are observed in the act of something that requires a license to do legally. How can it be argued that for one act it's okay for LEOs to stop and check, and the other it is not? The act itself should be irrelevant.

I agree with what you said, but unfortunately, until a court rules in favor of OC like it did with driving a car, there is a difference. The difference being what we were discussing earlier: case law.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, as a matter of fact, I had a homicide where we found the husband standing on the front porch OCing and next to that was his CCW badge. Inside, I cleared the house and found the wife shot to death on the couch. He emptied 2 different handguns into her. He also shot his step so but he was able to escape and call 911. I know what you are asking, and no, we don't get robberies, drive-bys, etc with OCers. This was an outlier case.
    Thanks Denny. I was genuinely curious to hear from someone with some real world experience lest anyone think I was trying to illicit a response to use as a conduit in support of one carry method over another.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom