• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    But your still giving money to a business that doesn't want you there.

I know what you mean by that, and to an extent, I agree..

But I see going there and doing it anyway as a way of "sticking it to them". Like "Yeah, I know you don't like me and what I do... but I'm going to do it anyway."

But, yes, speaking with your wallet is the best way.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    But your still giving money to a business that doesn't want you there.

EXACTLY. I get the whole "just conceal" thing, but I just can't get over giving my hard earned money to an establishment that DOESN'T WANT ME THERE. I'll drive the extra distance for better wings and beer prices at Wings Etc all day every day over hooters or bw3s.
    To those that say "guess I've been lucky". No you haven't. You were served by people who ignored company policy. You're not giving money to the person who "allowed" (haha) you to eat there and enjoy the high prices, you are giving money to the restaurant who employees the person who "let's" you eat there.
    I'm not usually passionate about issues like this, but for a restaurant to turn people away for doing something that is not only a right, but has no affect on their business.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I got the stock form letter from the HQ, and I just told them since they don't respect my rights, they should consider me a FORMER customer, gonna try Roosters next time! It's my turn to pick the restaurant ..he he he

Last edited:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Went to lunch with my family in Clarksville today. Wife asked where I wanted to go. My answer was anywhere except B-Dubs or Hooters. I told her why and she told me I was being silly. Sorry but that is how I feel and it is my money as well as hers. If a business does not want guns on their property I will respect their opinion and as a consumer I can chose to do business elsewhere. And while we were on the topic I told her no more Toys R Us.
    Come clean now VERT, how long did you have to sleep on the couch? :dunno:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    In the light of all the "no guns" establishments popping up, I noticed the other day that MC Sports has a sign up that states something to the effect of:

"All firearms entering the store, coming in for repair or trade must be checked at the customer service counter.

This does NOT include customers who are legally carrying a self defense firearm...."

Don't remember the exact wording, but I thought that was pretty classy of them. I understand they sell guns and what not, but still good to see them showing that it's OK to carry guns in there so the less than gun friendly customers don't freak out.

Maybe some of these other establishments should put up something like "No guns alowed if you are going to rob us, but if you are legally carrying you are more than welcome to enter" You know, since the bad guys always read and follow the rules.....

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have eaten at the Clarksville location several times but never noticed the sign. It's been quite a while since I have been there, and looks like it will be a long time before I go back. I second the Roosters suggestion. Last time I was in there there was one chick I swear was as hot as anything I have seen this year. It was a GREAT view.

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yes there are quite a few hot servers to be had at Roosters, hell my wife was pointing them out to me before they even had a chance to cross my path. Gotta love when you wife looks at you and tries to quietly say "DAYUM look at the back porch on this girl!" LOL

Top Bottom