• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I just CC, its easier that way. Besides, I would rather keep a low profile anyway.
    Good for you?

Cookie?
    images

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7rj7iLw9jEDrqWnMtavPiIrXzdLwbTnGgML2ri44hyfANDlLS-g

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just CC, its easier that way. Besides, I would rather keep a low profile anyway.

I hear you. I think the whole gun carrying thing is too much of a hassle. People might see it, it might scare someone, police may come, mall guards may throw me out. I have decided to just skip the whole thing. In fact I am getting tired of worrying about the gun grabbers, ammo mag banners, etc. I may just get rid of them all to avoid any issues.

Last week I upset someone with what I said about Obama. I think it would be best for me now on to just avoid expressing my opinion on political stuff. Besides people may turn me in to the government watch groups.

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I hear you. I think the whole gun carrying thing is too much of a hassle. People might see it, it might scare someone, police may come, mall guards may throw me out. I have decided to just skip the whole thing. In fact I am getting tired of worrying about the gun grabbers, ammo mag banners, etc. I may just get rid of them all to avoid any issues.

Last week I upset someone with what I said about Obama. I think it would be best for me now on to just avoid expressing my opinion on political stuff. Besides people may turn me in to the government watch groups.

was that supposed to be purple? i OC a G17 but try to cover as well as i can with my shirt, which isnt that easy with a blackhawk serpa...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    As many have said. Take it up the chain
    I was there two weeks ago for an Appleseed shoot nearby and oc'd while in the park with no issues even had one of the " rangers" a new guy, come by looking for site numbers to post reservations. He saw my side arm and made no comment
    I'm sure the folks in a nearby site were a little quizzical when I started cleaning my AR on the picnic table though. :D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    the funniest part of the conversation was after he was done giving me that load of crap about not being able to open carry, he told me to be careful because a few bob cat were sighted in the horse camp not to far away.

It's a well-known fact that bobcats will target OCers first. Why give up the element of surprise?

... sorry, wrong thread...

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Given that IDNR has a solid reputation and usually stresses "officer friendly" attitudes I am sort of perplexed at why the CO would take this route with you. When most of us think of IDNR I think of the friendly cop in green who checks your deer or asks you how the fish are biting. I hope this does not mean that IDNR is changing as an institution.

conservation-officer.jpg

I look at pictures like this now and I realize that its just more proof of the growing police state we're living in. Now too in America an 80 year old man get a visit from the police for fishing.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Not a new entity but I don't remember being talked to or approached
    or even so much as seeing one when I was out hunting or fishing in my younger years.

I have only ever been approached one time, but I have heard stories from my dad/uncles/grandparents about their interactions with them. I just don't understand how a picture of a CO speaking with a fisherman is evidence of a growing police state. Is it because the fisherman is old? Is it because it's a photograph? Is it because it's on the internet? It's like me putting up a picture of a biker gang and saying that it's proof that the Hell's Angels are taking over the country. I never saw them as a kid, but I saw a couple last year so it's gotta be true. :mullet:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I have only ever been approached one time, but I have heard stories from my dad/uncles/grandparents about their interactions with them. I just don't understand how a picture of a CO speaking with a fisherman is evidence of a growing police state. Is it because the fisherman is old? Is it because it's a photograph? Is it because it's on the internet? It's like me putting up a picture of a biker gang and saying that it's proof that the Hell's Angels are taking over the country. I never saw them as a kid, but I saw a couple last year so it's gotta be true. :mullet:

Even though he did explicitly say that the pic was "proof", i still took his comment as being more about the general state of things rather than about that pic.

In that light, there is definitely a feeling that the police state is growing and is ever more intruding into the lives of generally law-abiding folks. (We certainly have no shortage of INGO threads related to this.)

I see it as a double-edged sword. On the one hand, we have moved away from police "walking the beat" and getting to know the public around them. That's unfortunate, especially in those cases where the LE are good guys who daily use their discretion in a positive way. However, when our interaction with police is pretty much limited to instances where we're going to be cited for an infraction, the likelihood that our "chats" with LE become fishing expeditions is greater and greater.

Interaction with LE as normal people who just want to talk about fishing, guns, etc. = Good
    Interaction with LE that results in being ticketed for a minor offense = not good

OK, so I guess I didn't dispute anything in your post. I guess I just wanted to vent. :)

Top Bottom