• Status
    Not open for further replies.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Come over to Cedar Lake on Thursday evening (July 15), we will be giving away cigars and talking guns from 5pm to 9pm at the Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Lounge on 41 just 2 doors north of Harry O's restaurant.

We are having another INGO 'open carry' Cigar Night. :rockwoot:

LINK TO "INGO Cigar Night" INFORMATION => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...pen_carry_cigar_night_7-15_cedar_lake_in.html

I don't know either, they are a good cigar and they are priced amazingly low for the quality. As I told you, those are supposed to be in the mid-$5 range and even at roughly $3.25 they are sitting in my humidor. I dunno why!!! When I first got them they sold very well and I went through box after box of them at full price. But as my selection expanded at the store the smokers apparently shifted to other brands??? I don't know why, even at full price those cigars are a darn good smoke for the money, I think they rival some of the best known brands and cost less too.

Oh yes the next building south of Lake Liquors, I stop in there every now and then to pick up a cigar. I will stop by

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    I just got back. I had a great time! Everyone i met was friendly and helpful, got to fire a variety of different guns.

Had a couple problems but everyone was very helpful.

Melensdad is a good dude! He let me use a sight from one of his ARs, when my AR had a problem, he gave me some parts to help straighten it out, he had free cigars, and hooked everyone up with hot dogs.

Others brought brownies and pop. I will definitely be trying to go back (next time with less chips and less legal issues !!)

One guy i never got the name of, had a gray Glock Professional polo shirt on, helped me dig through the grass trying to find a piece of the sight for 5 minutes! And he ended up being the one to find it too! Thanks again!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Many thanks to 2cool for letting me shoot the Mosin. I'm definitely going to pick one of those up!
    I also had a blast shooting Ghost of Winter's 995. I am still undecided whether I am going to go with a 995 or a 4095. It probably is going to depend which one I find the better deal on when I have the available cash. I actually think the 995 would be fun to take to an Applseed. Sure it costs more to shoot than a 10/22, but reloading offsets the price a little, and I already have a .22 I like a lot.

I was sort of planning to to shoot the 1858 more but I lost the front site some how, and it's just not as fun to shoot if you don't stand a good chance of hitting what you aim at.

melensdad. thanks for the cigar. I think it was the reason I got I headache, but it was a good cigar, so I guess it was worth it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The cigars were not supposed to give anyone a headache but they do a nice job keeping the bugs away :):

That Mosin was loud, but my 6.5 Grendel's gill brake did a nice job of blowing a good bit of the muzzle blast at shooters on both adjoining lanes.

Here are a couple photos. . .
    P1000070.jpg

P1000069.jpg

P1000068.jpg

P1000067.jpg

P1000066.jpg

Oh yes the next building south of Lake Liquors, I stop in there every now and then to pick up a cigar. I will stop by
    Great, hope to see you Thursday night!!!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Had a good time today, even though I didn't shoot. It was a good time nontheless, I enjoyed meeting some new people, talking and sharing. If you noticed me being anti-social a few times, I'm sorry I was just in some pain. I have I have a bit of a medical thing going on right now, which is why I didn't do any shooting, didn't want to aggrevate it more than normal. Thanks melensdad for the polish's, they were great. Hopefully next time I'll be able to do some shooting.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    It was nice to see some people again and some new faces. I had a great time.
    Just want to thank melensdad for lunch. I would have stayed longer but it was just getting too hot. Hopefully I will see you people at the next shoot.
    I also had a thought for the next shoot....if there is someone that is thinking about buying a certain gun and wants to try one out first...I'm sure someone has one that they might let you shoot. Or if you just want to try something for the heck of it. Sometimes I can't decide what to take with anyway.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Good to see everyone again! Thanks to 451_detonics for letting me try your 9mm subgun!

Another thanks to melensdad for bringing the grill and hot dogs, and thanks to swampmaster for the peach cobbler!

Jediagh, don't forget to buy that girl a 10/22! :D

Had a few safety issues near the middle/end, which is why I disappeared to the 50 for awhile...I heard they were addressed a few more times while I was gone, so glad to hear that. Then the guys who joined in at the very end had some difficulty remembering to tell us that the line was hot...:rolleyes: No one on INGO, though. :ingo:

I'll edit in pics later. Too lazy to walk across the house to grab the camera right now. ;)

PICTURES:

100_5518.jpg

100_5534.jpg

100_5533.jpg

100_5532.jpg

100_5526.jpg

100_5525.jpg

100_5523.jpg

100_5522.jpg

100_5520.jpg

Last edited:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Much thanks to melensdad. With the cigars and the food you were the star of the show. As always great to see you guys, and all your new guns. Can't wait to see what y'all bring next time.

Ghost thanks for the earplugs... that could have been bad otherwise :/

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Sorry I didn't make it, but a bunch of friends from Purdue were in town and I forgot that I can no longer drink like a college kid on Saturday night and still function Sunday monrning, I will see all of you who are going to the cigar night and I will catch up at the next shoot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry I didn't make it . . . blah blah blah
    Well Terry, we did miss you, in fact I think EVERYONE there asked about you :rolleyes:

Sorry you didn't make it, you could have seen Juan acting like a kid in a candy store trying out everything on the tables. I think he shot about a case of 9mm rounds.

Oh, and Greg (Ghost of Winter) got a bruise from shooting my 6.5 Grendel.

And there were brownies and cobbler too!!!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Just finished dinner and wanted to say we had a GREAT time again. Even though the heat play havok with LadyGhost the whole day. I don't recall which person wanted to know about the wooden indian that was for sale here.but here is the link:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ted/97389-hand_carved_cigar_store_indian.html

If the persons you were mentioning Auntie are who I think they are they were some friends of mine that I invited. The young lady has never shot before so she was green. I know her mom TRIED to instill safe gun handling to her, but it didn't seem to stick very well (what kid REALLY listens to her mom??). I plan on working a bit more with her on this if her mom and dad are willing BTW I found the10/22 mag at the bottom of my rangebag when I got home.

Melensdad I have some 6.5 grendal brass for ya. I will bring it Thursday.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Melensdad I have some 6.5 grendal brass for ya. I will bring it Thursday.

THANKS! I thought I got most of it. That brass is worth its weight in gold, even if it is WOLF brand brass.

Funny thing about the cigars I brought, I grabbed a bunch of Kahlua cigars because I figured that there were be newbies who would not be interested in smoking a serious cigar, those were the cigars that I brought home. I'm not sure anyone smoked one of those and they were the most expensive cigars I took at roughly $6.50 each.

Personally I thought one of the best things was watching the smile on jediagh's daughter's face when she was shooting. It reminded me of the smile my daughter had when she was learning to shoot. I let jediagh's daughter shoot the pink AR15 and after she finished the magazine she turned around and said it was AWESOME. That is the best kind of reaction to get from a new shooter.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    AH man I knew I missed something I wanted a Kahlua Cigar

Sorry we could not stay longer the contractor called and had to meet him to finish the man cave. But we both had fun and ended up gettign to shoot a couple of rifles that I have had for awhile and never shot.

The Brownies were a nice treat, next time I hope we can stay longer and get to shoot more

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Man, what a great time. The wife enjoyed meeting people and we are psyched about getting into Appleseed. She hadn't shot in over a year, since we moved here and wanted to warm up a bit. She fired my .44 Mag, AK, M4, and some .22s and got really excited after talking to Auntie and Bubba about the Appleseed. Next month, she is excited about really swapping some pistols. Andy--that .500 was the high-light of my year. Seriously, I'm feening to buy another really large caliber handgun. That thing was incredible!

I'm at work now, I got my requisite 2.5 hours of sleep for over the course of 48, but I got to shoot! Everyone was great and i look forward to the open-carry cigar night and the next meet and shoot. I am lucky to be living in the most active region of INGO.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    If the persons you were mentioning Auntie are who I think they are they were some friends of mine that I invited. The young lady has never shot before so she was green. I know her mom TRIED to instill safe gun handling to her, but it didn't seem to stick very well (what kid REALLY listens to her mom??). I plan on working a bit more with her on this if her mom and dad are willing BTW I found the10/22 mag at the bottom of my rangebag when I got home.

Good to hear you found your mag!

And I totally don't blame the new shooter. I didn't realize at all that she was completely new from what I heard from her mom. I would definitely encourage you to take her/them out as much as they want to go; she needs someone beside her the whole time helping her with the safety rules and reminding her every step of the way. I know that when I first started shooting that I would ask a million questions and needed someone right there the entire time to watch me and tell me what I was doing right and wrong.

In fact, today is the first day I've ever just picked up a gun and walked over to a different line to shoot by myself, away from where I could ask questions. It was AWESOME! I should definitely go by myself more often. Very peaceful (who would think that shooting would be peaceful???!). Specific things to watch for: I watched the girl start to load a 22 bolt action while my hubby was down range and then caught the mom finishing up loading a revolver by propping the muzzle on her leg! Good to see more women out on the range, though!

And I hope LadyGhost is feeling better in the air conditioning - winter can't get here fast enough!

Personally I thought one of the best things was watching the smile on jediagh's daughter's face when she was shooting. It reminded me of the smile my daughter had when she was learning to shoot. I let jediagh's daughter shoot the pink AR15 and after she finished the magazine she turned around and said it was AWESOME. That is the best kind of reaction to get from a new shooter.

This ^^^^!!! :rockwoot: That little girl ran a TON of ammo through my 10/22. :D She did a fabulous job!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    AH man I knew I missed something I wanted a Kahlua Cigar

Sorry we could not stay longer the contractor called and had to meet him to finish the man cave. But we both had fun and ended up gettign to shoot a couple of rifles that I have had for awhile and never shot.

The Brownies were a nice treat, next time I hope we can stay longer and get to shoot more

Thanks for the cobbler!

Man, what a great time. The wife enjoyed meeting people and we are psyched about getting into Appleseed. She hadn't shot in over a year, since we moved here and wanted to warm up a bit. She fired my .44 Mag, AK, M4, and some .22s and got really excited after talking to Auntie and Bubba about the Appleseed. Next month, she is excited about really swapping some pistols. Andy--that .500 was the high-light of my year. Seriously, I'm feening to buy another really large caliber handgun. That thing was incredible!

I'm at work now, I got my requisite 2.5 hours of sleep for over the course of 48, but I got to shoot! Everyone was great and i look forward to the open-carry cigar night and the next meet and shoot. I am lucky to be living in the most active region of INGO.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looking forward to seeing you both on the line at an Appleseed soon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom