• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    So i'll be there for sure. I will be bringing my dad who is not really a gun guy at all.
    As far as guns go, I will bring

WASR-10 (AK-47)
    M91/30 mosins (at least two, but maybe I'll bring all 9 of them just for fun :D)
    Mosin M44
    Russian SKS
    Rem 870
    Glennfield model 60 (same as a marlin 60. Only cycles reliably with hi-velocity .22 ammo)

I also might bring
    kel-tec sub 2000 in 9mm
    Tokarev TT-33 (7.62x25)
    P-64 (9x18 mak)
    CZ-82
    XD45 fullsize or compact
    Ruger security six (.357mag)

Lets hope for no rain. Can't wait to see you all there. :ingo:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    AAR on the 3 beginners

First I want to thank everyone that allowed my 3 guest a chance to shoot your guns. The girls were able to shoot a wide variety of guns today. Hopefully I can get the pics they took in the next few days and upload them.

Girl 1: Short lady (Sofie) is our admin at work and she was gun-ho able trying it (shooting) out. She had asked me before were she could try it but since she lives "IN" the City of Chicago I 1) had no clue and 2) figure she was never going to have a chance due to all the issues they have to go thru.

Girl 2: Tall skinny lady (Laura) is Sofie's friend and she was not sure about shooting at all but figured she should at least try it once in her life. She does NOT live "IN" the city of Chicago but the north subs.

Girl 3: Black lady (Renee) was a mystery to me. She is originally from CA and moved into Chicago 5 years ago.

Here is what they shoot & in order based off what I can remember
    .22 LR Henry Survival Rifle
    .22 LR Handgun (Walter?? provided by GhostOfWinter, me think it's LadyGhost's gun)
    7.62x39 WASR
    Moss500 Shotgun (00 Buck, Birdshot)
    .25 (?? provided by CLif45)
    9MM XD and XDM (provided GhostOfWinter & Clif45)
    .40 XD (provided by GhostOfWinter)
    .45 1911
    .22 LR Handgun (competition type provided by GhostOfWinter)
    .22 10/22 "girly gun" with purple release (provided by AuntieBellum)
    9mm highpoint (provided by GhostOfWinter)
    .38 ??? revolver double action (Provided by Clif45)
    .38 special S&W Police Revolver (Provided by 451???)

None of them liked the shotgun nor the WASR. The SG they all said had "too much hurt" in terms of the kick. The WASR was way too heavy for them and only girl 2 did not like the kick. Girl 3 like the "power" that the gun had but said it was too heavy.

They all fell in love with AuntieBellum's new 10/22. None of them wanted to try it at first because it was "heavy" and thought it was going to "hurt" like the WASR and all of them had the same face of "I fired it??" after shooting it the first time since they could not feel any recoil. They liked it very, much after that.

In terms of the semi-autos they like the .22 competition heavy gun the best. And while they all said the S&M revolver went BOOM it was a manageable BOOM.

Overall it was a good day but I'm tired now. Very tired cause it was a long drive. So what is the good news?

Well girl 1 liked it but is not such if she would do it again soon cause it's a l-o-n-g drive for her. 1 hr drive to my place + 1.5 to the range. Plus she has no way of using them where she is at right now (City of Chicago)

Girl 2 said she enjoyed the day but does not think she will do it again. It was OK under the controlled environment we had but it was a bit scary with some of the bigger guns.

Girl 3 was annoyed that she could not buy any of the handguns since she lives IN the City of Chicago. She asked so I can't get one legally because they are banned in the city yet we have all these shootings? WTF? So she asked if she could own a rifle and I told her yes. Told her she needs her FOID card before she can buy anything. So it looks like tomorrow she is going to start the process of getting her FOID and will then look into the 10/22. She was interested in knowing when the next event is.

As for me. :confused: never saw the SP101... =( So I have a box of .38 Special that will just have to wait. Got to shoot just a bot of my WASR (10 rounds), the Henry (7 rds) and a S&W revolver along with the 9mm high point.

Next time I think I'll only take 2 people cause 3 is a bit too much. My plan is to take my 5 year old daughter next time but with the issue with the Henry I'm not sure. What issue? As I was putting the stuff away I noticed a scratch on the stock of the Henry. After looking at it some more and GhostOfWinter looking at it we noticed it's not a starch but a crack! I have never dropped the gun and it's only had 250 rounds thru in since 2008 when I got it. So tomorrow I'll call Henry and see what they recommend I do. I don't want to get the pink cricket for my daughter until I know she actually likes it (shooting) since she does not like loud noises. So more on the Henry in another post once I found out what to do with it.

ps. Oh yes I forgot to mention some cRaZy brought a revolver that uses .5??? very big, very loud and hige amount of recoil. GhostOfWinter and Clif and Andy all shot it. Me was too chicken to try it. LOL!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    ps. Oh yes I forgot to mention some cRaZy brought a revolver that uses .5??? very big, very loud and hige amount of recoil. GhostOfWinter and Clif and Andy all shot it. Me was too chicken to try it. LOL!

:rockwoot: Good times! Glad to hear I could help make a convert in the City of the Left Thinkers with my girly gun. :D

And Bubba really, really wants to go get a .500 now. Just add it to the wish list. Great to see everyone again! Let's do it again soon - how about next weekend? ;)

:ingo:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Yes, great fun all around.

-Andy219's .500 S&W Magnum is AWESOME! So what if it kicks like a mule and actually managed to injure two of the people who tried it. I think I ran 7 rounds through it and couldn't stop smiling.
    -I also put a few rounds through Jediagh's Mossberg 500 and really like the stock he's got on it.
    -I had my first Mosin-Nagant experience with Jaramia20's rifle and it was going so well until the muzzle blast burned out the mics on my Caldwell earmuffs. Oh well, chalk up another kill for the venerable Mosin.
    -I got a little trigger time on a sweet-shooting EAA, but I forgot who it belonged to.
    -Played with my own toys too. Sighted in 3 rifles, tried out my new reloads, and tested a couple brands of defense ammo for when I switch out my carry ammo.

All in all a good day, with comfortable weather and good company.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    First I want to thank everyone that allowed my 3 guest a chance to shoot your guns. The girls were able to shoot a wide variety of guns today. Hopefully I can get the pics they took in the next few days and upload them.

Girl 1: Short lady (Sofie) is our admin at work and she was gun-ho able trying it (shooting) out. She had asked me before were she could try it but since she lives "IN" the City of Chicago I 1) had no clue and 2) figure she was never going to have a chance due to all the issues they have to go thru.

Girl 2: Tall skinny lady (Laura) is Sofie's friend and she was not sure about shooting at all but figured she should at least try it once in her life. She does NOT live "IN" the city of Chicago but the north subs.

Girl 3: Black lady (Renee) was a mystery to me. She is originally from CA and moved into Chicago 5 years ago.

.22 LR Handgun (Walter?? provided by GhostOfWinter, me think it's LadyGhost's gun) Yes it was a Walther P-22 and it was mine LOL
    7.62x39 WASR
    .25 (?? provided by CLif45)
    9MM XD and XDM (provided GhostOfWinter & Clif45)
    .45 1911
    .22 LR Handgun (competition type provided by GhostOfWinter) That was a Beretta Neos and while it was bought in MY name LadyGhost claims it as hers.
    9mm highpoint (provided by GhostOfWinter) That was a Hipoint 995TS carbine
    .38 ??? revolver double action (Provided by Clif45)

None of them liked the shotgun nor the WASR. The SG they all said had "too much hurt" in terms of the kick. The WASR was way too heavy for them and only girl 2 did not like the kick. Girl 3 like the "power" that the gun had but said it was too heavy.

They all fell in love with AuntieBellum's new 10/22. None of them wanted to try it at first because it was "heavy" and thought it was going to "hurt" like the WASR and all of them had the same face of "I fired it??" after shooting it the first time since they could not feel any recoil. They liked it very, much after that.

In terms of the semi-autos they like the .22 competition heavy gun the best. And while they all said the S&M revolver went BOOM it was a manageable BOOM.

Overall it was a good day but I'm tired now. Very tired cause it was a long drive. So what is the good news?

Well girl 1 liked it but is not such if she would do it again soon cause it's a l-o-n-g drive for her. 1 hr drive to my place + 1.5 to the range. Plus she has no way of using them where she is at right now (City of Chicago)

Girl 2 said she enjoyed the day but does not think she will do it again. It was OK under the controlled environment we had but it was a bit scary with some of the bigger guns.

Girl 3 was annoyed that she could not buy any of the handguns since she lives IN the City of Chicago. She asked so I can't get one legally because they are banned in the city yet we have all these shootings? WTF? So she asked if she could own a rifle and I told her yes. Told her she needs her FOID card before she can buy anything. So it looks like tomorrow she is going to start the process of getting her FOID and will then look into the 10/22. She was interested in knowing when the next event is.

As for me. :confused: never saw the SP101... =( So I have a box of .38 Special that will just have to wait. Got to shoot just a bot of my WASR (10 rounds), the Henry (7 rds) and a S&W revolver along with the 9mm high point.

Next time I think I'll only take 2 people cause 3 is a bit too much. My plan is to take my 5 year old daughter next time but with the issue with the Henry I'm not sure. What issue? As I was putting the stuff away I noticed a scratch on the stock of the Henry. After looking at it some more and GhostOfWinter looking at it we noticed it's not a starch but a crack! I have never dropped the gun and it's only had 250 rounds thru in since 2008 when I got it. So tomorrow I'll call Henry and see what they recommend I do. I don't want to get the pink cricket for my daughter until I know she actually likes it (shooting) since she does not like loud noises. So more on the Henry in another post once I found out what to do with it.

Yes, great fun all around.

-Andy219's .500 S&W Magnum is AWESOME! So what if it kicks like a mule and actually managed to injure two of the people who tried it. I think I ran 7 rounds through it and couldn't stop smiling.
    -I also put a few rounds through Jediagh's Mossberg 500 and really like the stock he's got on it.
    -I had my first Mosin-Nagant experience with Jaramia20's rifle and it was going so well until the muzzle blast burned out the mics on my Caldwell earmuffs. Oh well, chalk up another kill for the venerable Mosin.
    -I got a little trigger time on a sweet-shooting EAA, but I forgot who it belonged to. I don't know if I should say WHO brought that because it is supposed to be a gift for his wife....(or was it FROM his wife??) And it was an EAA Witness in .40S&W
    -Played with my own toys too. Sighted in 3 rifles, tried out my new reloads, and tested a couple brands of defense ammo for when I switch out my carry ammo.

All in all a good day, with comfortable weather and good company.

We (ladyghost and myself) had a GREAT time! it's too bad Andre was a no show. It was a bit of a drive, but WELL worth it to put faces with names, meet some new folks and see some old farts..errm I mean old friends. LOL

Greg

jaramia20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Michigan City
    Well , 1 down and hopefully many more to go . I had a great time , and next time I'm makeing them give me the day off .

1. jediagh , BIG BIG BIG :+1: !!!!!!!!
    Even if none of the Ladies ever shoot a gun again , you exposed them to something they would NEVER have been exposed to in there communist home state of Illinois . And the knowledge they gained today , they will take with them . Maybe that's a first step to getting Illinois resident there Rights !!!!:rockwoot:

2. BUBBA and AuntieBellum

Great meeting you . I still feel bad about the ears !!!! Hence Dinner .... Loved that .223 , and I hate you for giving me something else to put on MY wish list !!!!:wallbash: As for the .500 S&W , thats all you man , that thing HURT !!!! I think I'll pass , but the 500gr was better then the 350s . I don't know why .... Thanks for hanging out with me after the shoot and giving me my fix of gun talk for a few weeks !!!!

3. Mr 500 S&W ( sorry , I don't remember the Screen Name )

GREAT looking gun !!! You guys are still NUTS !!!! That thing HURTS !!!! Wish you could have come with us to Arby's . Maybe next time !!!!

As for a CC/OC dinner , I'm always game . Just let me know when and where !!!!!

Great seeing everyone , And I REALY am looking forward to MANY more this summer !!!!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Thanks to everyone for a great time!

Thanks to 451 for letting me shoot his m1 carbine! I've got to have one now.
    Thanks paperboy for letting me put some down range with the awesome sights on a 10/22. Now I've got something else on the want list.

Yea Greg, that was FROM the wife, not FOR the wife BTW.

Now to find Mr. Deet to hand out some righteous rep.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

.22 LR Handgun (Walter?? provided by GhostOfWinter, me think it's LadyGhost's gun)
    7.62x39 WASR
    .25acp Raven MP-25 (hooker gun) (provided by CLif45)
    9MM XD (provided GhostOfWinter)
    .40 XDm (Provided by Clif45)

.45 1911
    .22 LR Handgun (competition type provided by GhostOfWinter)
    9mm highpoint (provided by GhostOfWinter)
    .32 S&W Long revolver double action (Provided by Clif45)

:D

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    It was fun meeting everyone and shooting a few different things. Never figured I would have the ability to shoot the 500 S&W but that dream came true yesterday. It was a blast, and I really had fun seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones. So where will dinner be at???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom