• Status
    Not open for further replies.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Well it rain a little last time too & we still had a blast. Just make sure you bring some layers of close and leave all the "safe queens" at home. :D

I never pay attention to the weather until it actually happens. Right now, Accuweather is saying that it is going to be 70 with partial sun and a possible rain shower. Shouldn't be to bad. I'm starting to get pumped:rockwoot:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I believe the P226 and P229 are similar there is a minor weight difference and a length difference the P226 bieng the larger of the 2. The P226 is more of a full size service model, whereas the P229 is more of a compact version.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks Andy219. Then look forward to ask about holding and shooting the SIG 226. Yes I'm thinking of going to the DARK SIDE and leaving my 1911. =(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you sell it, let me know;)

Groovatron, you must not be a native to NWI. ;)
    GhostOfWinter said it best at our last meet & greet.
    The INGO NWI group never sells guns! We just horde them. :laugh:

Sell by preciouls 1911. r u crAzy! Don't you know that it got lost in a boating accident in Lake Michigan. Sorry fed agent who is coming to take me guns away it's at the bottom of the lake. But I can give you groovatron's name and address for the reward money he gots guns. :D

In all seriousness, I could not think of selling the 1911. It is my firts handgun and as such will always have a special place near my hip. :draw:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Groovatron, you must not be a native to NWI. ;)
    GhostOfWinter said it best at our last meet & greet.
    The INGO NWI group never sells guns! We just horde them. :laugh:

Sell by preciouls 1911. r u crAzy! Don't you know that it got lost in a boating accident in Lake Michigan. Sorry fed agent who is coming to take me guns away it's at the bottom of the lake. But I can give you groovatron's name and address for the reward money he gots guns. :D

In all seriousness, I could not think of selling the 1911. It is my firts handgun and as such will always have a special place near my hip. :draw:

Good call.......you'd regret it forever. I don't sell guns either......but I'm sure that will change as the accumulation persists.......untill then, I'm just a buyer......gotta stop bringing all my guns on the boat with me when trolling for salmon.......I tend to capsize alot and loose 'em to the lake;)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    The problem with acquiring so many firearms is that you have to get more and more safe's to put them in and well thier so heavy that they normally lead to a capsized boat, don't you know...

Although the last safe salesman that I delt with assured me that the new safe would stay water tight... :-)

Jediagh, I am a member of the 1911 cult also.... although I started down the Beretta way of thinking some years back that has saved me some cash in our ammo crunch we recently have started to go through... Kind of like a addict, don't you know... Started shooting more 9mm, 38/357, than 45 because of the expense and availability, same with the 22's and the 12 guage as being my primary ways of feeding the addiction.... Some people play golf, I shoot....

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    For those who have been to this range, a few last minute questions..........

Do you have to shoot from the benches or can you stand and shoot?
    How close can we park to the range?......(i'm wondering if I should bring along a cart)

Thanks all....looking forward to it!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For those who have been to this range, a few last minute questions..........

Do you have to shoot from the benches or can you stand and shoot?
    How close can we park to the range?......(i'm wondering if I should bring along a cart)

Thanks all....looking forward to it!!

1) You can shoot any way you like.
    We will most likely take over the entire 25 yard range section. The ranges are broken up int0 4 sections (area) 100 yard (2 benches), 200 yards (1 bench), 50 yards (6 benches) and 25 yard (4 benches) each section separated by some hills.

You can shoot sitting from the bench if you like.
    You can shoot standing near the bench if you like.
    You can shoot from "inside the grass range" closer to the target if you like.
    Several of us walked 10 feet from the target and shoot this way last time. We had everyone else on the range (25 yards) go wepaons COLD since we were "inside the grass area of the range" no issues.
    I would image if you bring a mat you can lay it down and shoot from the floor as well. :D

Like I said we are getting their early enough (i think) that we will end up taking over all 4 benches on the 25 yard.

The 25' yard range is the furtherst to the right and closest to the bath rooms. The parking area is right next to the 100 and 200 yard ranges. Not sure how "far" the 25 yard range is form the parking area but the best I can tell you is if you say park in the middle of a wal-mart parking lot and walk to the store it's probably no more than that. It's not that far really.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Finding the range for the first time can be confusing. The Wildlife Area address is on 500 North but the range area and parking is on 200 West. From 35 go west on 500, go past the Wildlife Center and the turn north on 200. You can see the parking from the road. I have included a few maps to help...

win1.jpg

win2.jpg

win3.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Finding the range for the first time can be confusing. The Wildlife Area address is on 500 North but the range area and parking is on 200 West. From 35 go west on 500, go past the Wildlife Center and the turn north on 200. You can see the parking from the road. I have included a few maps to help...

win1.jpg

win2.jpg

win3.jpg

451_Detonics why did you give them (NWI folks) directions! Don't know you that they are all from Gary, vote D, and are not the type of rif-raf we need! LOL!!! Just stay on the "main roads" & ya be fine. :D

The OP has a PDF link of a map of the area with the range in circle #4.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    nice are ther gonna be more?

Im going to see if i can come as well sundays are great for me. dont know what ill be bringong if i can come.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom