“Grid Jihad”: What If You Had a Week to Prep for the End of the World?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    But they did get the blitz. They knew they would get the blitz. It was a done deal when the videos were released. Media jumped right on them as it was one of their own.

A) The videos were not "released." They were found, edited and sent to the media by SITE Intelligence, the same group who discovered the Bin Laden videos in 2007 that the CIA later admitted were fake. Fool me once, shame on you...

B) So let me get this right... ISIS is winning and only the USA can stop them. So ISIS provokes the USA by beheading our journalists, video taping them, and then providing those videos to the press, thereby giving Obama the pretext and public support for a Syria/Iraq invasion that he's been begging for since last year and dooming the ISIS plan to failure... and this brilliant move is supposed to HELP their war effort to create an Islamic state in the middle east?

Next thing you know, the Denver Broncos will try to win the Super Bowl by trading away Peyton Manning and refusing to wear shoes during games. Yessirree. What a great plan.

C'mon, guys. Think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, understood. There was a whole section of that article let talking about a meltdown and listing ways to protect oneself from radiation. That's the part I was disputing.

I had to bypass that for the same reason. There is security at those places. To hard a target.
    So many unmanned transfer stations and gas lines. If I were of a mind to set off a disaster that is where I would start.

My fear is of the locals in a situation not the terrorists. The non-prepared man with kids to feed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just reading some responses in this thread of suposed gun owners tells me were ****ed as a nation.
    CM your welcome with me anytime

I would hate for anything like this to happen. Seriously. The danger is real. These people want to end us. I really believe with our soft borders they and there supply's could already be here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A) The videos were not "released." They were found, edited and sent to the media by SITE Intelligence, the same group who discovered the Bin Laden videos in 2007 that the CIA later admitted were fake. Fool me once, shame on you...

B) So let me get this right... ISIS is winning and only the USA can stop them. So ISIS provokes the USA by beheading our journalists, video taping them, and then providing those videos to the press, thereby giving Obama the pretext and public support for a Syria/Iraq invasion that he's been begging for since last year and dooming the ISIS plan to failure... and this brilliant move is supposed to HELP their war effort to create an Islamic state in the middle east?

Next thing you know, the Denver Broncos will try to win the Super Bowl by trading away Peyton Manning and refusing to wear shoes during games. Yessirree. What a great plan.

C'mon, guys. Think.

Who said anything about any of that.
    I am speaking of how this could easily be done. It may or may not be ISIS. It could be some other group of fanatics working under the radar.
    What are you talking about.......:dunno:

Come on man.....Payton will win another ring, with or without shoes. Unless he runs into the Sea Hawks.....:)

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The way the Seahawks played tonight, I think you're right! :) They were awesome. Unfortunately.

The SITE group that released this video was founded by Rita Katz (on CNN last night), who has close ties to DHS, Dept of (In)Justice, Dept of Treasury, and every other group of government parasites you can imagine. This is the same group who found the 2007 Bin Laden videos that were admitted as fakes.

The videos are the worst thing ISIS could possibly do to advance their own agenda, they were released by a group known to have close ties to gov't intelligence whose work has proven fraudulent in the past, and they just happened to be released in time to justify what the Obama administration wanted to do all along.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I think that if these people were capable of something like this, they wouldn't wait for September 11th just for symbolism. Vigilance will be at its highest then. If they could do it, they'd do it as soon as possible.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I agree something may happen, but it won't be by ISIS (no matter what we're told). The last thing ISIS wants is US involvement. They're trying to found a nation, not get destroyed by the world's biggest military power before they even get off the ground.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would hate for anything like this to happen. Seriously. The danger is real. These people want to end us. I really believe with our soft borders they and there supply's could already be here.
    Oh I'm sure they're here and have been here and law enforcement in our govt know it and know where they are. Some of them.
    im waiting for the next attack. I'm sure it will happen. Our govt sucks. Our people are on the govt teet and can't even make a decision that isn't force fed to them and they're so gullible they believe the media and everything any govt official tells them. My families plan is constantly evolving but I know what's on the horizon and it's not pretty. I'm ready to do whatever it takes to keep me and mine alive. If you don't prepare now then you'll be part of the mindless masses after disaster strikes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The way the Seahawks played tonight, I think you're right! :) They were awesome. Unfortunately.

The SITE group that released this video was founded by Rita Katz (on CNN last night), who has close ties to DHS, Dept of (In)Justice, Dept of Treasury, and every other group of government parasites you can imagine. This is the same group who found the 2007 Bin Laden videos that were admitted as fakes.

The videos are the worst thing ISIS could possibly do to advance their own agenda, they were released by a group known to have close ties to gov't intelligence whose work has proven fraudulent in the past, and they just happened to be released in time to justify what the Obama administration wanted to do all along.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Of course it does. I am no believer in anything media/gov.
    I am only saying there are weak spots and they know it. They not specifically being ISIS. I am no fan of ingrained reporting as this is usually the result. Captive/killed/ransomed. I do not think we should do anything about this.
    I have zero trust in Gov./media. The all suck. Barry and his crew are the stink.

The OP asked what we would do.......

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One scenario that I have been wondering about is ISIS deciding the Saudi family is not their version of Muslim and they attack the Saudi oil fields. Gasoline prices skyrocket, panic buying causes supply issues, and since we are not drilling for our own oil and building more refineries, things could really get interesting, but end of the world, I guess we are all going to die one day, so until then... ;)

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Well, since no one has picked up the ball and run with it I will do it myself - I live in a predominantly rural area. A good chunk of the houses in my area belong to my wife's extended family. I think it would take some time for things to fall apart around here, and it would most likely require some sort of outside influence - people from the city looking to scavenge or whatever.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    "Market timing" to predict the right date is a fool's gamble.
    It's like we say about Revelation and the end of the world:
    "If you aren't ready now, what makes you think you'll be ready then?"

And they don't need to come here. Unsecured SCADA and the Internet gives them all the access they need. They are already researching SCADA, so a laptop is all they need to bring it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, since no one has picked up the ball and run with it I will do it myself - I live in a predominantly rural area. A good chunk of the houses in my area belong to my wife's extended family. I think it would take some time for things to fall apart around here, and it would most likely require some sort of outside influence - people from the city looking to scavenge or whatever.

I live on the west side right above the 500. Lots of good folks but lots of apartments as well. Us your own imagination on what we would face even in a 30 day no power situation. We have genny's/fuel/food/water for that time frame and beyond. Holding onto it is the issue.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I guess the first thing I would do is the one thing I just did... move out of the city. Gov't will be consumed with enacting martial law to stay in power at all costs, and that energy will have to go toward controlling the major cities and roads. I'm happy to be out of Indy. It's my home and I love the city, but the municipal gov't has a standing army of 1500 combat troops and when it hits the fan, they'll take care of the people who write their checks. And that is not us.

I'm glad to be near a small town in a rural area now. That's the first thing I'd do.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Interesting topic and one we as a family have discussed on many occasions. Infrastructure collapse would be a game changer. Far to many people live day to day out of the fridge or exist on fast food. No power=no meals to a huge % of the population. Microwave society.

Pistol Bob.....Why not. Seriously. Every extra day we can wring out of this life offers new opportunity's and hope for another day. You just sit back and wait....we will stay on point.

The ASSumption here is the world is lights out in one week. My comment was why bother.

If there is 7 days left of planet Earth and all the inhabitants, I'm not spending my last moments prepping. I'm more likely to go visit friends and family, see what comforts I might bring to my loved ones, and spend a substantial time <REDACTED UNDER POTENTIAL BANISHMENT FROM INGO>

I'd also eat a LOT of pizza.

Top Bottom