• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When should we have the INGO Busse Chop-in?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    How many people would be interested in an INGO Busse/Busse-kin chop-in? I like Tyler's idea, and I'd like to see it happen. I think it would be great to get the INGO Busse crowd together, whether they're old HOGs or thinking about getting into Busses.

Thought I'd add this as an explanation:

esrice said:
    What exactly is a "chop-in"?

It's basically an "extended version" (if you will) of Tyler allowing you and I to beat on his Busse/Swamp Rats at your Dad's place on NFA Day 2009. It's really nothing more than showing off knives and showing what they can do. It's more for camaraderie and allowing those who are interested in Busses to handle them and see them in person, and get the full experience of using them. As far as a venue, any wooded property where we could have a campfires would be great, and have a pitch-in (or something along those lines) would work. I'm open to suggestions on venues, pitch-in ideas, etc. It's pretty open-ended really, so if you have an idea, please share it so we can get to "chopping" on this. :D

Basically, bring your Busses and Bussekin, big or small for show and tell and to beat on them!

***Location/Venue Update: Kinnards80 has graciously offered to host the Chop-in, and from the sound of it I think would be perfect for this event.

Kinnards80 said:
    We have five acres and about three of it is wooded. I also have a nice shelter house with a wood stove, and fire pit outside.

He is located in Lewisville, which is in Morgan Co. We will PM attendees more specific location as we get closer to the event.

***DATE & TIME UPDATE: The INGO Busse Chop-in will be on Saturday, December 4th at 11:00AM.

Food for the Chop-in will be Brats/Hot-Dogs etc. cook-out food, I'll be putting up a pitch-in signup list shortly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    List of Possible Attendees:

CONFIRMED attendees (via PM) Are listed below in BOLD)
    *= Replied, Unable to attend.

1.danielocean03
    2.Charlie2
    3.tyler34
    4.Kinnards80
    5.grunt soldier*
    6.Que
    7.tradertator*
    8.stony
    9.Jeremiah
    10.infantrylife*
    11.Lex Concord*
    12.Gabriel*
    13.paddling_man
    14.drbarnes
    15.flatlander*
    16.vesan87*

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like a fun time.. I might be able to make it pending set date, and location..!!!???

We will worry about setting a date/location once we know we have enough people interested, but I'll put you (and anyone else interested) on the list of possible attendees. Thanks!

Last edited:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I don't have a busse.
    But now I want one, BAD! WOW!
    IMG_0246.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I can see the videos now. I'm in depending on the date. Sounds like a great reason to buy another knife.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    That's certainly very encouraging, decent response in a short time, let's let this go for a few more days to accurately gauge interest, and then we'll set about figuring out a venue/date/etc.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Who besides bob myself and possibly alex have really put a whoopin on their busses? If you haven't we'll fix that problem asap.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    What exactly is a "chop-in"?

What kind of venue would you need?

It's basically an "extended version" (if you will) of Tyler allowing you and I to beat on his Busse/Swamp Rats at your Dad's place on NFA Day 2009. It's really nothing more than showing off knives and showing what they can do. It's more for camaraderie and allowing those who are interested in Busses to handle them and see them in person, and get the full experience of using them. As far as a venue, any wooded property where we could have a campfires would be great, and have a pitch-in (or something along those lines) would work. I'm open to suggestions on venues, pitch-in ideas, etc. It's pretty open-ended really, so if you have an idea, please share it so we can get to "chopping" on this. :D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    We're up to ten possible guests, looking good for one day's progress! I'm going to invite a few more INGOers who I know are into Busses via PM and see if they'd be interested or not.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Who besides bob myself and possibly alex have really put a whoopin on their busses? If you haven't we'll fix that problem asap.

I've only really beaten on my SARsquatch and Sus Scrofa, the rest are basically safe queens for the time being. If we get this together, I have a few others I'd be willing to break in as well. (I'm up to thirteen Busses/Bussekin as of right now!!!)

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    We're up to ten possible guests, looking good for one day's progress! I'm going to invite a few more INGOers who I know are into Busses via PM and see if they'd be interested or not.

Here's a couple of names that you can pm but they're probably on your list already.
    Paddling_man
    jbombelli

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom