• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He has 200k subscribers, is that not a decent chunk of change from being a YouTube partner?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He has 200k subscribers, is that not a decent chunk of change from being a YouTube partner?
    Not according to what he says in the video. He said that a couple years ago the bottom fell out of folks making money on YouTube? :dunno:

Could be that's not enough subscribers? A couple of the youth-oriented game play YouTubers and an a phone reviewer, that I also subscribe to, have 3-4-5 times that many subscribers.

Sparkling personality?
    Controversial safety issues?
    Politics?

Personally, I liked the content of his vids for the most part when he was treating them as instruction of one sort or the other. He seems to have gotten away from that in the past year or so. I could NEVER support him financially though (beyond a YouTube subscription.) I have a firm disagreement with his range practices and politics.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not according to what he says in the video. He said that a couple years ago the bottom fell out of folks making money on YouTube? :dunno:

So, if true, he essentially was making good money.... thought everything was fine, YouTube changes their model, and he was caught with his pants down? Well, that's how I see it. If ya'll want give to the man, give, but if you think that's an issue he probably should have planned for (it IS the internet after all), don't.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you put content on that is appealing to people you don't have a problem. If it is just an outlet for your oversized ego? Problem.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If it is just an outlet for your oversized ego? Problem.

I kind of always thought of youtube as an outlet for an oversized ego...I have had people ask me to do a youtube channel on weird and unusual guns or someting along the lines of the role firearms have played in history....I did one off the cuff video (one of my customers makes commercials for a living) and he filmed me in the shop in a kind of "spur of the moment" thing....He said it was excellent, we signed up for a youtube account and that is when I realized....

I really didn't care to do that....I like large frame Smith's but my oversized ego is not internet big...Gun shop big? Yes...

Internet big??? Not so much....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I kind of always thought of youtube as an outlet for an oversized ego...I have had people ask me to do a youtube channel on weird and unusual guns or someting along the lines of the role firearms have played in history....I did one off the cuff video (one of my customers makes commercials for a living) and he filmed me in the shop in a kind of "spur of the moment" thing....He said it was excellent, we signed up for a youtube account and that is when I realized....

I really didn't care to do that....I like large frame Smith's but my oversized ego is not internet big...Gun shop big? Yes...

Internet big??? Not so much....

I'd love to see what you guys did in the video. IMHO, not nearly enough INGOers do them.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Most people dont really make a bunch money off of youtube to be able to live off of it. Now if you are PewDiePie thats a different story when you have 32.5 million subscribers and 6.9 billion views. There is a lot more that goes into the making money part of youtube, such as what ads, how the ads are displayed, etc. You can make a nice little cash pile but if you are needing to update equipment its not very much. there is also the time aspect, it could take hours depending on how you want the video to come across and how much money is your time worth?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Let me get this straight.

If youtube is for people with giant egos, why the hell am I not on youtube 24 hours a day, 7 days a week???!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Glad to see he finally went full beard instead of the usual billy goat.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Maybe he should have Cory & Erika help out with his videos? I hear they need the work. Or have some of his "Wolf Pack" buddies from right here on INGO help him out. :crying:

" I could make some DVD's instead of free youtube video's and sale them".... :lmfao:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    " I could make some DVD's instead of free youtube video's and sale them".... :lmfao:

He did that for some years.

maxresdefault.jpg

Chris Costa sold Magpul training DVDs and doesn't offer free videos. :dunno:

I think it's pretty cool that James Yeager is willing to give some tips and techniques away, for free, where he could just teach them during classes or sell DVDs.
    Not many other firearms instructors do that on Youtube.

Rob Pincus does that too but you have to pay to get access to all his videos where he's actually teaching stuff.

I dont think it's wrong of him to ask for some money. :dunno:

Top Bottom