Ahh... that brings back fond memories of another favorite INGO thread:

Ban Hammer: The Game!

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Originally Posted by DadOfFour
    I normally OC, for a variety of reasons....here's a few:
    1) I can draw faster (if need be) if I don't have to pull jackets and shirts out of my way
    Since it is exposed, someone else will come and take it from you.
    Good luck, I've done more weapon retention training than I care to remember!
    2) Visual deterrent. Much like the cop car in the bank parking lot, the bad guy sees my gun, knows I'm not an easy target leaves me alone, additionally he probably won't try anything stupid in my general vicinity because he knows there's a gun present.
    It will make you the first target.
    That's actually a somewhat valid argument, however speaking for myself, I'm pretty hyper-vigilant as to my surroundings when I'm carrying
    3) It's generally more comfortable for me then trying to hide a big ol 45 on me (I'm a smaller built guy)
    You need to find a smaller gun.
    But, but, I'm compensating for my larger than average.... :D
    4) It's my GD RIGHT to carry however I see fit
    But...but...you should use Common Sense!
    Why? Nobody else in our society does, especially the libs!
    5) It pisses off my liberal as F ex-mother-in-law ;)
    Sorry, I just can't argue with that.
    That's because of all my reasons, this is far and away the best one in the whole world! If only it would **** off my ex wife too lol
    Those are just a few reasons. Oh, and you can bet I've probably got a CC piece that you can't see too ;)
    Sorry, I just had to. People are just being too darn nice around here. :D
    Yeah, I dunno what's up with all the nicey nice, warm fuzzy stuff, yall better snap outta it!

My responses are in blue (if I did it right)

Borock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Great article. This can be argued/discussed until we're all blue in the face. What each of us need to decide is-do I or don't I? LotsofGlocks makes a good point though. "Open or concealed-just carry"

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    *Response to a post from a different thread :

There are a lot of uneducated, simple-minded people who post on this forum. For the most part, it's the same on any website forum. There is nothing wrong with being uneducated or simple-minded; it describes the majority of Americans. We come here from a quite gregarious background of experiences, educations and intellects. With that preface.....

You have my attention... I'm fairly dumb.:popcorn:

We can carry openly in a lot of places. We can do so without infringing on anyone else in many of them. However, there are places where open carry is trumped by another, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT right: Property rights.

Nope, there is no property right to disarm me.

If you want to carry openly on a public sidewalk, you can do so all day long w/o infringing on someone else's rights. The moment you enter a private business, however, you bring your openly carried gun into an environment where other patrons may exit the store solely because you are there.

As free citizens on a property open to the public, of course they have the right to enter or exit for any or no reason at all.

If so, you have cost the merchant business. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM, OPENLY OR CONCEALED, ON PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Why not? If they have opened their property to the public, I bring all of my rights with me. They may revoke my attendance on their property as they wish but said attendance was never one of my rights to begin with, it was merely an open invitation.

The property owner, or their employees who are charged with protecting the bottom-line of the business, can and SHOULD ask you to leave if it is their belief that your presence is costing them a dime in potential profit.

The employees can, but whether or not they SHOULD is probably a decision best left to those in authority above them, lest they get reprimanded or fired for booting too many people according to their own thoughts or phobias.

No, they are NOT going against "Indiana law", Kroger policy, etc. Educate yourselves before you spew such nonsense which immediately categorizes you with the uneducated.

Easy straw man for you to knock down there. What is actually claimed is similar to what many other national companies have adopted as policy: allow store carry according to the carry laws of the state the store is in.
    When you attempt to turn that simple concept into something else, it immediately categorizes you with the uneducated.

No, it is NOT Kroger policy that you can carry openly in their store. Kroger has no stated policy either way.

How can you back up this claim? Are you certain? I've seen several other national chains state this as their policy.

Kroger's property rights must ALWAYS trump your 2nd Amendment rights. Always.

That's nonsense. If it were true, they could physically disarm me when I stepped on their property.
    Their only right is to have me leave, taking every one of my intact rights with me.

It doesn't take a store manager to ask you to leave. The moment you are asked to leave by an employee of the store, you are legally obligated to do so.

Though asking to speak to a manager as you comply may result in a simple correction of their subordinate employee before you even exit.

There is ZERO reason for someone to openly carry a gun in a grocery store.

There are actually many reasons. I refuse to be limited simply because you do not grasp or accept them.

Someone who does so not only demonstrates an intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun in the first place, they also become the enemy of all who responsibly carry a gun. It is IDIOTS who are constantly trying to provoke by openly carrying their gun, so they can be somebody, who threatens the gun rights of all of us. It is this nonsense that will eventually cost all of us the right to carry, open or not.

Your condescension and fearmongering have been duly noted but simply do not warrant a rational response.

Use some common sense.

You mean think exactly as you do? That's what most people are really thinking when they throw that one out there. I usually just laugh. :):

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    *Response to a post from a different thread :

You have my attention... I'm fairly dumb.:popcorn:

Nope, there is no property right to disarm me.

As free citizens on a property open to the public, of course they have the right to enter or exit for any or no reason at all.

Why not? If they have opened their property to the public, I bring all of my rights with me. They may revoke my attendance on their property as they wish but said attendance was never one of my rights to begin with, it was merely an open invitation.

The employees can, but whether or not they SHOULD is probably a decision best left to those in authority above them, lest they get reprimanded or fired for booting too many people according to their own thoughts or phobias.

Easy straw man for you to knock down there. What is actually claimed is similar to what many other national companies have adopted as policy: allow store carry according to the carry laws of the state the store is in.
    When you attempt to turn that simple concept into something else, it immediately categorizes you with the uneducated.

How can you back up this claim? Are you certain? I've seen several other national chains state this as their policy.

That's nonsense. If it were true, they could physically disarm me when I stepped on their property.
    Their only right is to have me leave, taking every one of my intact rights with me.

Though asking to speak to a manager as you comply may result in a simple correction of their subordinate employee before you even exit.

There are actually many reasons. I refuse to be limited simply because you do not grasp or accept them.

Your condescension and fearmongering have been duly noted but simply do not warrant a rational response.

You mean think exactly as you do? That's what most people are really thinking when they throw that one out there. I usually just laugh. :):

Tried to rep you for this awesome response and how kind of you to drag it from the thread it was in to where it actually belongs.

Top Bottom