• Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Okay Boys and Girls,

In this class we will go over how to build up your stripped AR-15 lower receiver. You will learn to take it from a nagging black aluminum "thing" rattling around in your safe and turn it into a beautiful rifle that is all the rave these days.
    There will be 15 slots open, members with parts will have priority over those without. But ALL are welcome.
    WHEN:
    04MAR2012 at 2:00PM

WHERE:PM HAS BEEN SENT TO THOSE ATTENDING
    Front Toward Enemy Firearms in Demotte, IN
    Address will be sent via PM (it's about 5 minutes from the Demotte - Roselawn exit on I-65)

WHAT (do you need to bring):
    A rifle to build. If you have just lower parts, cool. If you have just upper parts, cool. If you don't have ANY parts, that's cool too, but you will lose priority over those with parts.
    Tools, if you've got them that'd be great (not required but reccomended).
    An open mind and a positive attitude.

LOWER PARTS KITS WILL BE AVAILABLE.

$62 Spikes Tactical

$79 for a Daniel Defense

both prices are before tax, EMAIL matt@front2enemy.com if you would like one ordered and he will square you away. Can you find a cheaper LPK online...probably

He will be ordering them 27 FEB 2012 to insure they will be here in time...so money will need to be mailed in before hand please. EMAIL for totals, etc if interested.

Also we only have "one" Noveske Gen II (Chainsaw) lower left if anyone wants to lay claim to it! Chainsaw Group Buy.

If you'd like to attend post up, and I'll add you to the list, don't forget to add weather or not you have parts. Again those with parts will have priority.

The List:
    Geronimojoe85: Instructor (will have parts)
    Combat45acp: Host
    Magic man: (has parts)
    Jetman: (has parts)
    Buckaroo: (has parts)
    Clif45: (has parts)
    Subtlesixer03: (parts pending)
    Gunbunnies: (parts pending)
    Davegrave: (parts pending)
    s&wluvr: (parts pending)
    Billb: (parts less)
    NapalmFTW: (partsless, and must hold hands with Bill the whole class)

MAYBE:
    Lonehoosier (Partsless)
    Aclark (parts pending)
    Newbomb92 (with parts:ar15:)

And remember, Boys and Girls, this thread is in the events section. So please stay on topic.

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'm in, pending closing/moving on the new house. Also pending parts because of what I'm spending on said house (lowers bought, need lpk/lbk). I have a built up AR i could take apart for people to look at as well.

So yea, big pending, but will update when I know more.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    This I am sure I can make it too. At the very least I help new comers on lowers. With luck this will be my first upper build if I can get all the parts togather maybe a new complete rifle. :)

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I'm a definite yes. I've got everything to build my pistol lower.

Matt, if you need any help setting up or anything I could probably get there by about 1:30 maybe a little earlier. I'll be heading your way straight from church. Let me know.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I guess instead of posting where to get parts I should have announced I would be at this one first.... Sooo I should be there....

Subtlesixer03, it will be good to see you again....

Not sure if I'll be one of the helpers, watchers or a builder as I don't know if I'll have enough parts to put another receiver together yet...

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Is it cheaper to build an AR from parts?

I assume it is... and also therefore customisable...?

How much could someone put an AR together from parts? Is anything "controlled" ie; barrels etc? Is all this in the FAQ? :D

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

How much could someone put an AR together from parts? Is anything "controlled" ie; barrels etc? Is all this in the FAQ? :D

Yes, a build is generally going to be cheaper. You could get a Build kit and stripped lower from PSA and build a completely basic rifle for about $600-650.

The only "controlled" part is the lower which is considered the actual firearm. Everything else is just considered "parts".

On topic: I could probably bring some type of desert. I'll update as it gets closer.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yes
    any way you want it
    How much could someone put an AR together from parts? $600 would probably do it, depending on what all you want. Is anything "controlled" ie; barrels etc? Most places advertise Mil-Spec if you buy from a reputable source you can get mil-spec or better Is all this in the FAQ? I dunno:D

There ya go.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks. Something to think about when I have some money LOL.

I'll step out now. Would love to go but a little too far to not come back with a gun.

Dave.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I'm in if there is room. I don't have the parts but want to learn how to build one as I have some ideas on customizing. I also want to modify my AR M&P 15 which I can bring along.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I'm a definite yes. I've got everything to build my pistol lower.

Matt, if you need any help setting up or anything I could probably get there by about 1:30 maybe a little earlier. I'll be heading your way straight from church. Let me know.

should be good to go, shouldn't take much setup...your welcome to come out at 1:30 though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom