British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    :rolleyes: The GODS r gonna curse u n u will be da last man standing

:P

Yeah knowing my luck! I think I am a Nihilist... or at least a fatalist :D

It snowed today and I've never driven in the snow.. so guess what.. I'm going to die... :D or be killed to death. I don't know which yet.

(I'm sure I'll be fine, its all the other idiots on the road. I will be the cautious one driving around while the people who have seen it all before will be taking it like its nothing and doing 80+).

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I know that Blythe's in Griffith had a sales counter top covered in Zombiemax ammo about a week (or two) ago. I think they had decent amount of all the available calibers too.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I want to take my kids sledding tommarow but there is not much show in Hobart. Took a trip out to kodiak and ran in to snow in michagan city. Were is a good place to sled out that way. Hopping to stay as close to home as possible but I want my kids to have a good time. By the way I am not complaining about not have snow here in Hobart. I hope my snowblower never moves. :)

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    Anybody know if they have this stuff at Cabela's? I want to pick up a few boxes just [STRIKE]for the hell of it[/STRIKE] in case.:D

I was there this afternoon. They had 380, 9mm, 40 s&w, and 223.
    I pick up a box of 380 for my wifes birthday, ya know, just in case. :):

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    HEY WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING :dunno:

Wow man, I hear ya! haha It's been a busy year! I can't believe it's January
    2012 already. It will be nice when things slow down and I can start goofing
    off again. :D

Did Jediagh say vote? Being a life long Lake county guy, is that the polite
    one vote per day, or vote until I break something?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    NWI Gun Shops

A post over on the general discussion area asking about any gun shops in NWI got me thinking. We don't have a one stop list (yet) & thus why this post. :D So help me out region rats! I'm sure I'm missing the little shops and those out in the mishiwaka (??sp??) area.

--LAKE COUNTY--
    Deb's Gun Range
    6819 Kennedy Ave
    Hammond IN 46323

Cabela's Hammond, IN Retail Store : Cabela's Retail
    7700 Cabela Drive
    Hammond, IN 46324

Blythe's Sport Shop
    138 North Broad St.
    Griffith, IN 46319

Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.
    1555 Us Highway 41
    Schererville, IN 46375

Gander Mountain® > Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Outdoor Gear & Equipment : We Live Outdoors®
    1630 Southlake Mall
    Merrillville, IN 46410

Dick's Sporting Goods - Every Season Starts At Dick's - Official Site.
    10251 Indianapolis Blvd
    Highland, IN 46322
    &
    2255 Southlake Mall
    Merrillville, IN 46410

Westforth Sports
    4704 Roosevelt Street
    Gary, IN 46408

--PORTER COUNTY--
    Blythe's Sport Shop
    2810 N Calumet Ave
    Valparaiso, IN

DownRange Dynamics LLC
    http://www.portagegunshop.com/
    2644 Hamstrom Rd.
    Portage, IN 46368
    219-734-6608

--LA PORTE COUNTY--
    https://kempfgunshop.com/
    Kempf Gun Shop
    7625 West US 20
    Michigan City, IN 46360
    (Thanks to aclark for info)

--ST. JOSEPH COUNTY--
    Class 3 Sales
    8816 E 700 N
    New Carlisle, IN
    Specializes in Class III weapons

Midwest Gun Exchange
    3415 Grape Rd
    Mishawaka, IN 46545-2773
    (574) 257-0020

--ELKHART COUNTY--
    Midwest Gun Exchange
    Midwest Gun & Range
    128 Rush Court
    Elkhart, IN 46516-9644

--NEWTON COUNTY--
    Ed's Work Clothes, Blank Clothes At Low prices, Saftey, Hi-Vis, T shirts, Sweatshirts, Pants, Shorts, Bulk discounts, Vest, Reflective
    9537 N 300 W
    Lake Village, IN 46349
    (Thanks to melensdad for info)

http://www.front2enemy.com/
    Front Towards The Enemy
    11642 N 500 E
    Demotte, IN 46310
    (Thanks Bill B for the info)
    Specializes in Class III weapons

--JASPER COUNTY--
    Jerry's Gun Shop
    565 W Kannal Ave
    Rensselaer, IN 47978

--FULTON COUNTY--
    http://www.sandburrgunranch.com/public/default.aspx
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch
    2111 E. 350 North
    Rochester, Indiana 46975

Last edited:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    As a not so active Poster, I will just put my name out there for N.W.I... I think Jedi has my name on the PM listings, but just for another referral guy.... I am here also...

"Self Defense' interested Lawyer and one of the few pro-gun lawyers it seems in NWI.
    Have a great New Year, all...

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thought I'd get better luck here. I need a welder... I need a new flex pipe installing in my '94 Camry. It's leaking like a sieve. I am amazed any exhaust is actually getting to the muffler. I'll supply the new flex pipe if you can weld it on. I can't afford the $100 the muffler shops will probably want. I have jack stands and all that fun stuff and a garage too or we can do it out on the street - uh.. that sounded wrong.

It's either that or some of that exhaust repair tape :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Back onto the ARCHERY topic :rockwoot:

Melensdad thanks for the review. My son over the summer got to shoot archery for cub scouts and he really like it. He is seven. What would you recumind for him.

Just got back from ON TARGET ARCHERY in Steger, IL (1 block south of Sauk Trail on State Street). One of Melen's Christmas presents was a dozen custom arrows, being custom, they had to be cut to fit her, and the tips had to be inserted. So we stopped off there this afternoon to get her arrows fitted for her draw length.

Happened that the owner (a woman) and her son Alex were the only 2 people in the shop. The son is a world class archer and just made the US NATIONAL ARCHERY TEAM. He didn't quite make the US Olympic Team this year, but he's still young so he may make it in 4 years. He just got back from a tournament in France, and 6 weeks in Korea where he was invited to train with the Korean national team. Late next week he will be in Las Vegas for 2 tournaments then he's off to Croatia for a tournament later this year. Seems like Alex spends most of his life with a bow in hand and competes at 70 and 90 meters with a traditional (albeit very high tech) recurve bow.

Alex measured Melen's draw, cut and tipped her arrows, and then gave her a (free of charge) mini-lesson. A very nice young man who is one of the world's elite competitors in the sport. We then watched him shoot for a while, every shot was a bullseye. Me, I'd be lucky to hit the wall!

If anyone has any questions about archery this is the shop to go to. Every time I've been in there I've met nice folks who've answered every question and taken all the time we me that I could have asked for.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I can only speak for myself but I have to say Matt from Front Toward Enemy is top notch. Until you deal with him, you will not really know what you are missing at the big name gun/sporting good stores. He's GTG!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    We did not make it to the archery range saturday but I am hopping to get my son over there this Saturday. Working midnight and getting home Saturday morning will make it hard.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We did not make it to the archery range saturday but I am hopping to get my son over there this Saturday. Working midnight and getting home Saturday morning will make it hard.

I am pretty sure they run open group shooting lessons for younger kids from 10am to 11am. I'm not sure how formal the lessons are, I think they are very informal and you don't need to call ahead, reserve a spot, etc Just show up and learn.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I think class iii closed and only does guns shows now. Also there are 2 Midwest stores right? There's that non ffl in Michigan city too I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom