• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I bought a Roggio lower from Bradis about 6-8 months ago, finally got enough parts to build it up, First thing I did was start test fitting a few things. (I've built many lowers up). I tried to screw in the buffer tube and its a no go, it really looks like the threads are oval I had an Essential Arms lower there and the buffer tube goes right in no problem.

1 My options are take it back to Bradis and fight that fight.

2 find a smith and have him chase the threads

and 3 never buy another Roggio, I'm sure many of them have been built without a problem but I'm having a problem with this one.

any other options you all can think of?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    hang it up down range? :popcorn:

seriously though, I'd probably try to take it back and fight that fight.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    any other options you all can think of?

Bradis' return policy is 30 days, so there's no need to "fight that fight." Contact Roggio Arsenal directly and let them address the issue. If the problem is as you state, it was a manufacturing defect/QC problem, and the lower needs to be replaced.

Roggio Arsenal

Business: (910) 864-4137
    Sales: (910) 864-7814

sales@roggioarsenalusa.com

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Lower Update,

Contacted Roggio (Thanks 521) They quickly promised to fix what ever was wrong. They answered Fast and politely, I was polite but was clear on what I wanted. I got the Lower shipped out today, Will see what kind of response I get.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I ordered some Roggio lowers about 6 months ago or so direct from the manufacturer. They gave me a call and told me that there had been something wrong with threads where the buffer tube screwed in. They said that they were going to fix the problem before shipping them to me. When I got them, everything worked fine putting them together. I used all Rock River parts and stock. The one that I shot worked flawlessly. I would say that you got one of the first lowers made before they knew about it.

Last edited:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    They said no problem, but I'm just keeping the board informed, I wish they would have been a little more aggressive in recalling the mistakes

Its a basic production/warranty problem. I'm sure we all deal with it one way or another

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'd use caution with Roggio at this point. They popped up out of nowhere last year but they seem to be in trouble right now, based on some observations I have made recently.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    OK guys, Got the roggio receiver back, didn't get shipment notification but it made back ok without too much delay from shipping and getting back so I can't fault time,

I haven't tried assembly yet, will do that tonight, but before I assemble let me show you how they fixed it.

I know that no finish on these parts won't ruin the receiver but I'm not exactly happy.

This may turn out to be the best rifle I've ever had so I don't know yet but you all can see their work and make your own decisions

Heres the front takedown pin holes
    ji00tj.jpg

The rear takedown holes
    2afbn7t.jpg

and Threads they re cut
    2s9f2f4.jpg

I'll build tonight and test in the morning, that should get the neighbors up and moving

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    You should have gotten either a new receiver or they should have anodized yours after repairing it.

Hell, what they did you could have done yourself and it would look the same. To me this is very **** poor customer service! I would call and complain, I think that is ridiculous!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You should have gotten either a new receiver or they should have anodized yours after repairing it.

Hell, what they did you could have done yourself and it would look the same. To me this is very **** poor customer service! I would call and complain, I think that is ridiculous!

i figured you would get a new one. i wouldn't be really happy if i was you

SEE ABOVE!

That is unacceptable. I'd not be happy. I understand that it IS a fix, but it's not a PROPER fix.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I agree with the others. It looks pretty bad. I'd call them and complain and try to get a different one. None of mine look like that.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Well I want to build up a gun, If its reliable thats the main function, This AR is got a special purpose and to look good is not it, where its going to get stored is going to get dinged up

They already had the receiver and they thought that it was OK to ship it back to a customer in that shape, So apparently they have done all they plan to do.

I don't want to run the chance that it goes in the mail and never shows up again.

I've sent a note to them expressing my displeasure,

I'm going to build it up to at least see if its functional. If I send it back un tested and there are other dimensions that are off then thats a complete other set of send it back cycles

I admit that they got the better of me on this deal. They won't do it again.

This might be the best fitting best shooting AR I ever put together.

I'm posting so that the rest of my Ingo friends are aware,

I would suggest it someone is looking at a receiver that they buy it from someplace with a very good return policy. Or dry fit it in the shop right in front of the seller. I myself will not buy another receiver without a pocket full of parts to check dimensions.

I will inform you all of the response from Roggio

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    There are going to be a lot of folks finding the same things that you've found with purchases made over the course of the last year - provided they ever put the stuff together, or take it out to stretch its legs.

I've found gross QC issues already with some previously trusted suppliers of AR parts, some long trusted barrel makers and reloading equipment manufacturers.

Its a shame the retailer didn't step up. They certainly have more leverage than the individual.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Yup I think alot of us grabbed lowers to stuff back in a closet and the manufactures (all of them) were going as fast as they can and I'm sure many more defects slipped through

I think it would be good advice for people to at least dry fit as much of the stuff they bought as possible

I've seen a few manufacture warnings on several types of wolf ammo,

Top Bottom