• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Well I took the gun out back and it functioned well, I had dropped a DPMS kit in it and I don't know if the castle nut being in backwards will matter, I really don't think it will

BUT here's the problem
    it has a 10lb 14 oz trigger pull, and it goes together so TIGHT that I had to squeze it together (hand force only) and tap the take down pins in with a small hammer.

This would be great if I was building a match gun. This is the tightest fit I think I've ever seen. I don't think its so much stress as to cause trouble but my purpose for this gun was to break it down and build a backpack specific for its use, and keep it as an emergency kit. you know a backpack with 3 30's a rifle, dry socks, and a few essentials for fighting my way out of Town to try to get home in case of emergency but with this being SO tight I won't be able to break it down and assemble it without tools, quietly and break it back down

So this is kind of a mess. I don't trust the company to make it right and I sure don't want to mail it again. It made there and back once I can't imagine it doing it again.

If anyone needs a really tight Lower to make a match gun out of I have the lower for you.

The gun functioned fine, I don't have any fears that the AR will give me problems, It's just not going to work for my intended purpose.

FUBAR AR Build

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Contacted Roggio about the dimensions of the takedown holes and its been about a week and they haven't answered, Looks like I'm going to have to live with it.

FYI, if your looking at a Roggio receiver check the fit before you buy, if someone won't let you check the fit don't buy it.

This is the first ever receiver of any brand that I've bought that has given me anywhere near this type of trouble,

Good news is if you wanted a gun that had NO slop between upper and lower this is the receiver for you just don't expect to take it down and put it back together without a strong arm or help.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I would get a return number and then send it back... this way YOU are covered.... if this is a representation of even a small part of their business and product then i dont think they will be open for very long.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    How about a chucking reamer to open them up?

If you'd measure your takedown pins with an accurate micrometer - I'll see what I've got in the shop.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I would get a return number and then send it back... this way YOU are covered.... if this is a representation of even a small part of their business and product then i dont think they will be open for very long.

Hate to send it back without them saying yes

they could forget they got it without evidence that they said it was ok to

Top Bottom