• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    The fact that it says that the finish is Tenifer makes this revelation bogus even if the G42 is a .380. Glock has never had a,"Tenifer finish", ever. Tenifer when it was used on Glocks was done to the metal before the finish went on and has always been invisible.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ok, I'm going to whine just a little...(but I'll probably have to go buy one anyway, just so's I can say I have a .380 Glock).

Sigh...that would mean another trip to ProFire, for another set of reloading dies, shell plate, etc...(honey...you need anything from the store?).

Nah. Second thought...better make sure we're not being punked.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Is a cubic buttload more than a metric buttload?
    Is buttload a standard or metric unit?

Well considering the obesity rate in the US, i would only assume that our measurement of a "buttload" is much greater than a metric buttload :):

As for the G42, a little disappointed that they went with .380...but i will still probably add one to the stable just for the novelty if nothing else (unless it doesnt really exist :tinfoil:)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah there are several sources that have all produced the same information, but that doesn't mean it's fact that is for sure. Nothing has come from Glock or a sure credible source.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    It doesn't surprise me that it's a .380 for the simple fact that it's becoming a fairly popular cc and bug round. Lotta people are getting .380's nowadays even with the small form factor single stack 9's out there. I'm disappointed by the round count. I'll stick to my bersa.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'm in for one, regardless of people's 9mm vs. .380 situation. I'm willing to bet they are Glock tough and fairly reliable.

Looks to be Glock's standard barrel lock up, so maybe locked breach instead of blowback? It appears to have a single locking block pin, so I'd bet it's locked breach or similar.

Thankfully, no Gen4 looking mayhem on the backstrap, so I'm in on that (I've seen them break, tis a personal thing, not a condemnation of the entire Gen4 line up). Looks to have a G26/27 style double recoil assembly, so I'm willing to bet it will be a soft shooter like the CM380.

Sub pound unloaded weight, not too shabby considering.

I wonder about the sighting situation if it's standard Glock dovetailed rear, tenon front, to minimize parts discrepancies. Striker fired, so cool. Tennifer means it's going to withstand sub-optimal carry environments (riding around in my pocket of my pants or in my mouth :D ).

I'm impressed.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why would they go 380 and not 9mm? Silly if you ask me.

It doesn't surprise me that it's a .380 for the simple fact that it's becoming a fairly popular cc and bug round. Lotta people are getting .380's nowadays even with the small form factor single stack 9's out there. I'm disappointed by the round count. I'll stick to my bersa.

One "theory" among some as the driver towards 380's is a small segment of people have an issue with working the slide of a 9mm but somehow the 380 is easier because of the springs. I am not quite buying that but have heard it more than a few times. My view is if someone has difficulty working the slide and just can't get it down are probably better served by a revolver.

I know bullet technology has improved but still just don't get the whole interest in 380 the last couple year. Especially when get the same size package in a 9mm with a lot more effectiveness no brainer for me but to each their own.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Is there a huge market to support a NEW .380 ?
    seems like more people are looking for sub/ultra compact 9's instead of .380's now. Obviously when guns like the Ruger LCP, and Kahr p380 and a few others came out there was big clamor for .380's. Fast forward to today's market and it seems 9mm's are the in thing...You have the Ruger LC9, Beretta Nano, Kahr cm/pm 9's, S&W shields and XDs's coming out in the last couple of years...and those are just the few I could think of off the top of my head, I know I am missing a couple.

I would think Glock would try and compete more with the shield and XDs than the .380 guns since they are so popular right now...we shall see.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Glock has had a .380 for a long time I think its a model 25. Doesn't have enough points to be imported or some other BATF craziness. I believe they sell them in Europe where people take a .380 pistol way to seriously. The last .380 I shot that seemed ok to me was my dad's colt. It was single action and small enough to conceal well.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    More dupeage...

I searched Glock 42 and found this

BREAKING: GLOCK 42 Revealed? | The Truth About Guns

The 42 would be a good carry for when I need to use my ankle holster. I currently have a KelTec P3AT for when I can't easily conceal and at the range it performs well but a Glock in the same caliber would be great.

A Glock 9mm single stack could be called the G19s.

Any other source for this?

timhixson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    I think it is a good plan for them as a business. You release the .380 first and sell a ton, then release the 9mm and sell a ton of those. I feel if they did it the other way around by releasing the 9mm first, then the 380 would not be as hot comming out second. People are mad because it is not a 9mm, but we all know it IS coming sometime.

Top Bottom