• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    So Saturday I was at my local club shooting in a fun shoot along with my daughter. I was shooting my G23. I had decided to shoot up a mixed bag of factory hollow points from various manufacturers since I only needed about 150 rounds.

I was on the fourth of seven stages shooting some steel when pulled the trigger and a casing ruptured in the chamber. The round exited the barrel and I immediately dropped the mag and cleared the gun. We then rodded the barrel to make sure it was clear.

I stripped the gun and all looked OK, so I reassembled it and moved onto the next stage. The mag would not stay in after a round was fired, obvious broken mag catch. So for the rest of the day I just did a malfunction drill after every round:embarassed:

Fixed it today, here are some pics of the casing, mag release and cracked up magazine.

Glock23-1.jpg

Glock23II.jpg

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Glad your ok, look at it this way you got to do malfunction drills like all the other non Glock owners. :D

Just a suggestion but you might have a Glock Armorer go over it or sent it in to Glock and have them check it out for any damage.

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    There is nothing to see here folks... Now, move along.

Please, no gawking!

Everything is just fine. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Now, please just move along.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I guess my nerves are so shot that I was not really alarmed at all. Just cleared the malfunction and that was that. I am a Glock armorer so all is well. Test fired it yesterday and it is GTG. It was an ammo issue not a Glock issue. If a round blew up in another brand of gun would you have been able to-

Clear it on the line
    Continue to shoot it
    Fix it by yourself
    Fix it with a $4 part

I think not.- George

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I guess my nerves are so shot that I was not really alarmed at all. Just cleared the malfunction and that was that. I am a Glock armorer so all is well. Test fired it yesterday and it is GTG. It was an ammo issue not a Glock issue. If a round blew up in another brand of gun would you have been able to-

Clear it on the line
    Continue to shoot it
    Fix it by yourself
    Fix it with a $4 part

I think not.- George

Awesome :yesway:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Glad your ok, look at it this way you got to do malfunction drills like all the other non Glock owners. :D

Just a suggestion but you might have a Glock Armorer go over it or sent it in to Glock and have them check it out for any damage.

I'm really not sure a thread about another Glock kaboom is the place to be ragging on the owners of "other" guns :rofl:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Not ragging...bragging. It was an ammo kaboom...not a Glock kaboom. I don't think I have ever typed kaboom before.- George

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm really not sure a thread about another Glock kaboom is the place to be ragging on the owners of "other" guns :rofl:

Since your not sure, it must be the right place since it was an ammo problem and not a problem with the Glock as has been posted. Oh wait it's always the Glocks fault.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom