• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    They said it well enough...both are good guns! When it doubt, shoot them both! I, personally, have the Glock 32 in .357sig (why, because I grew up on .357's and Glock had them on the market first...so now I'm set up with Glock stuff!) There was a time when I wanted an XD in .45acp really bad...but now that I have kids, I just don't have the $$.

Glocks were originally designed and built in Austria and still are manufactured there. The Glock really operates like a revolver, in principle, because they don't have any 'external safeties' like other pistols do. The only safety on the Glock (other than the 'anti-drop and go bang' safety) is the one between your ears...the only real safety that one needs

XD's, I believe, were originally a Croatian designed and built gun, that Springfield purchased so that they could add a polymer gun to their lineup. XD's have a grip safety and a trigger/slide safety.

Personally, I hate all the little extra 'safeties' on other guns. I like the revolver concept...just pull, point-n-shoot. Works good for me!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I shopped for quite a while before deciding on my XD-9 subcompact. I really like it and feel I got a great deal for $459 brand new in the box. I did put a Pierce attachment on the short clip and it made a lot of difference in control on the recoil.

It is a bit clunky to carry though, as I'm sure the Glock would be also. If I'm wearing a sport coat or something where it would be more difficult to carry, I prefer the Bersa Thunder 380 double stack with Hornady Critical Defense rounds. While the round is smaller, the "splat factor" is better because of the design.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    XD's are Glock knock-offs. If you want the original, get the Glock. If you like doo-dads that serve no practical purpose, the XD is the way to go.

In particular, the loaded chamber indicator on the XD... be sure to buy a punch to remove it so you can clean under it, or be prepared for it to get stuck in the "loaded" position. Hopefully you don't mar your finish too much cleaning it over the years.

...let's not mention the grip safety.

Simple, practical, proven. Glock.

:D

[/duck]

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In particular, the loaded chamber indicator on the XD... be sure to buy a punch to remove it so you can clean under it, or be prepared for it to get stuck in the "loaded" position. Hopefully you don't mar your finish too much cleaning it over the years.

[/duck]

You're not joking ! Shoot some loads with a dirty powder like Unique, and it will be sticking up after just a few rounds. What I found is if you grind .010 off EACH side of the indicator, it can be easily cleaned by sliding a piece of shim stock in between without having to remove it. Take the material equally off each side to keep the spring pocket central. I just got tired of removing the pin and risking loosing the small fragile spring.

As for the Op's question... I have both and like them for different reasons... If I had to say, I prefer the XD in .45ACP, and the Glocks in the other calibers.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I like them both, but like M&P better. I just can't get over the enormous slide on the XD's, it is like 1/2" taller than a Glock slide.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I like them both, but like M&P better. I just can't get over the enormous slide on the XD's, it is like 1/2" taller than a Glock slide.

The XD has never impressed me, and for the nay sayers chime in, yes I have spent some time at the range with one.

High bore axis, horrible grip, the grip safety is like an after thought, bigger and more blocky than a Glock or the M&P.

If you like them, great for you. IMO, there are better polymer handguns out there.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Glock in 380

Just go to south america and smuggle in a glock in 380....Get 2 so I can have one...From Glock's Website

g28.jpg

GLOCK 28
    The lightweight
    Like the GLOCK 25, the GLOCK 28 in .380
    is also blowback operated. Small in
    dimensions and weight, it is great in
    performance when carried concealed.
    Because of the low-recoil firing characteristic
    of the .380 cartridge, it can be easily and accurately
    controlled. The standard magazine capacity of this balanced
    pistol of 10 rounds can be increased to 19 rounds when using optional magazines.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom