Not open for further replies.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Because people need money.

Because people have more than one and they want others to come over to the dark side.

Because they are reliable.

Because you don't have to worry about rushing home and cleaning them after shooting 50 rounds.

Because they're pretty!!!!! :laugh:

:popcorn:

:stickpoke:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I would say that its because

A) people need money, times suck right now and lots of people are out of work.

B) There are TONS of glocks around, many of the original ones from the 80's-early 90's are still floating around. You rarely see newer generation glocks for sale. people buy new ones and sell the older ones to defray the cost.

C) Once you have one glock its only a matter of time until you have two (or three, or four, or six) of them. at some point you have to sell off some excess to fund other purchases (NO, not an XD ;) )

D) once you go glock, your never go bock (err... ummm back....)

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    You rarely see newer generation glocks for sale. people buy new ones and sell the older ones to defray the cost.

I see newer Glocks for sale all the time. In fact the Gen 2 and 1s are the ones I rarely see.

Why are Glocks always for sale? The phrase " a dime a dozen" comes to mind. ;)

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    You have to admit that Glock was the first of it's kind in handguns. Now just about everyone has some kind of polymer gun. People have a lot of choices and we gun owners always want to try the latest and greatest thing.

I think that because they were the first that everyone knows the name and tries one. Then when they don't like it or get tired of it, they sell it off and try another brand.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Well, some people are collectors, too, and some aren't. Some would keep their carry handgun if they got a new one, some would trade, some would sell. We're all different that way..

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I see newer Glocks for sale all the time. In fact the Gen 2 and 1s are the ones I rarely see.

Why are Glocks always for sale? The phrase " a dime a dozen" comes to mind. ;)

I would have to agree. I see more Gen 3's. I have never personally seen a Gen 1 sell on here.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera

Because people have more than one and they want others to come over to the dark side.

Because you don't have to worry about rushing home and cleaning them after shooting 50 rounds.

:popcorn:

:stickpoke:

Pterry much says it all.:ar15:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

1)ok
    2)ok
    3)ok
    4)ok
    5) whatcha drinkin??

pretty?? :dunno:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County

1)ok
    2)ok
    3)ok
    4)ok
    5) whatcha drinkin??

pretty?? :dunno:

Pretty is in the eye of the beholder, and I be the holder of a Glock! :laugh:
    Oh and to answer your question--screwdriver, they're not just for lunch anymore.

Last edited:

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Why is almost half of every page in the firearms for sale section Glocks?:dunno:

I think your thread title answers that question.

They are in fact very popular, meaning there are a lot of glocks, and I think the selling of glocks is mainly to replace it with a different glock model. I would go as far as saying that the glocks you see for sale are not the only ones the seller has.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Funny stuff! :):

I can only speculate, not being a Glock owner, that if I had a Glock I would want to sell it. I have heard that they throw nicely but I could buy a lot of rocks for that amount.:D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Pretty.

Pink_Glock.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I can only speculate, not being a Glock owner, that if I had a Glock I would want to sell it. I have heard that they throw nicely but I could buy a lot of rocks for that amount.
    As a Glock owner, I will probably never sell them, just buy more. Ask any armorer and you will find that these are the pistol that require less spare parts and down time. If we ever get to a SHTF situation, I just want something that will shoot accurately and run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom