• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I could care of the differences in views, but the left's bullying will bring me to Chic-fil-A's doors tomorrow.

I invite everyone to join me tomorrow, at your closest location.

chick-fil-a_meal-18829.jpg

Bon Appetit!

Last edited:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I had not even thought about visiting them even though I share the President of CfA's view. After all the flack they are getting on their website, my girlfriend and I and driving an hour to go to one (and possibly Dick's Sporting Goods also).

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This is more about the First Amendment than it is about Marriage. Once the Mayor of a city, BANS a restaurant from opening its doors, based on a difference of personal opinion, the Gov't has gone too far. There are far more companies who have pledged support for Gay Marriage, and you don't see anyone specifically targeting them because of it. Coke, which is served in Chic Fil A restaurants, supports same sex marriage. It's gone to far, and therefore, I will eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at Chic Fil A Tomorrow!

For the sake of the First Amendment!

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    But what about all the cattle ranchers, errr soy farmers that will be losing out on sales to McDonalds after we all go to Chick-fil-A?

What's this about first amendment rights? I thought we lived in a country without any rights, just permission from the government to think as we're told to do. "There is no room in this country for diversity of thought" isn't that what the mayor said, or was it there is no room in this city for people who think that way? On an ironic note, visit my closest store I'd have to go to where they support my "second amendment right but" not my right to bear arms, so I'll have to drive farther, burn more gas and emit more CO2 and give more profits to the oil companies to exercise both rights. It's getting expensive to live any resemblance to what was outlined on that piece of paper sitting in the national archives.

I'll be honest though, the only thing they have that I like is the waffle fries; it's going to take a bit more incentive than that to be in the area of one, though if I am I'll make a point to stop in.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Unless the government can show bias in the employment policies or customer service
    practices, then their job is to protect commerce.
    The alderman and mayors that have tried to use this issue to punish this business for the private
    opinions of the owner have violated his civil rights and those of the stockholders.
    This is a breach of the public trust and borders on facism. No one should be prohibited from
    doing lawful business for stating his religious beliefs..

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I got shouted down on this subject last weekend on a guitar forum I visit!:): My comment on the whole situation, in response to people proclaiming they'll never eat there again, was simply, the guy who owns the store you're boycotting may actually agree with YOU. And, where is the tolerance? I made no comment what-so-ever stating my opinion on gay marriage, which is, I don't really care what the hell somebody else does. One particularly arrogant little prick, who happens to be a prosecuting attorney in Florida(must be something with being a prosecutor, the few I've met think they are gods gift to the world), immediately began calling me a bigot, homophobe, and said, "don't go to Disney then, see if I care":dunno: This is the same guy who told me Indiana was to blame for Chicagos crime rate.

Anyway, I would guess that a LOT of gays don't really concern themselves with this silliness, but a lot of the diehard liberals are just looking for something, anything to latch onto. All of those constanly screaming for tolerance have proven themselves time and again to be utterly intolerant. That said, I'll be making at least one trip to Chic-fil-a tomorrow, as will my wife and most of her co-workers.:yesway:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Made a practice run today!

Had two four-piece chicken strips, then a spicy chicken sandwich, hold the pickles. Cost me $14 but I like to take it to the hoop strong when I'm making a point. :D

Will likely go for two spicy tomorrow. Maybe I'll wear my INGO hat and you can meet me...

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The public officials that have been speaking about the issue are obviously wrong. That said, I will not patronize a business that actively oppose equal treatment under the law for my friends and family.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How were their first amendment rights violated?

I am really struggling to bring myself to care about this.

The people who opposed ACA are going to fill the Econoline and make a trek to Chik-Fil-A in order to eat deep fried chicken served on buttermilk biscuits.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    My :twocents: on the subject:

I have no objection to gay marriage. To me, it is an issue of civil rights and equality under the law. It seems pretty clear from our very beginning on July 4, 1776: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." To me, that means that both sides should have liberty to believe what they will and to practice what makes them happy.

From a values perspective, I believe it is up to individuals and groups...even religious bodies...to take positions according to their beliefs and values.

That said, what peeves me about the "progressives" is that I believe them guilty of the very thing they accuse conservatives of: intolerance. If we are to be society that practices tolerance, I believe we should be just as tolerant of religious conservatives' rights to live as they believe as we are of gay persons to live as they believe. Live and let live.

So, I can support both the gay position and Chick-Fil-A's position, but I believe they should quit taking shots at each other and go about their business.

Oh, yeah...Chick-Fil-A with pickle and mustard is really tasty. :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom