Police Kill Man In Drug Raid Gone Wrong (VIDEO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What did he have in his hand? Hard to tell but it kinda looked like a bat, sword or something. I think they clearly jumped the gun, no pun intended, but I dont think much will come of it.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    why dont they use their non lethals? i think they were in they wrong especialy not giving any verbal warning... "put down the golf club or i will kill you", would have been good enough

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The web page won't load for me.

What's the harm in doing drugs in your own home? Why do some people think it's OK to kill people for doing drugs in their own home? I wish these users would start shooting back. I've never been pulled over or have my time wasted by a "drug user". They also don't get on forums and try to sound Holier Than Thou...like some other groups of people that I know.

Honestly, I'm more inconvenienced (on every single level measurable) by government interference claiming to protect us than by criminals. So what is the pay off?

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Sad, but I really think charging towards someone armed with a gun (Shouting Police search warrant) when you have a golf club is a bad idea. Once again I am seeing opinions that are out of touch with reality.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    The web page won't load for me.

What's the harm in doing drugs in your own home? Why do some people think it's OK to kill people for doing drugs in their own home? I wish these users would start shooting back. I've never been pulled over or have my time wasted by a "drug user". They also don't get on forums and try to sound Holier Than Thou...like some other groups of people that I know.

Honestly, I'm more inconvenienced (on every single level measurable) by government interference claiming to protect us than by criminals. So what is the pay off?

Thats disturbing, and VERY ANTI LEO!!! This man was not shot because he choose to use drugs in his home. This man was shot because he decided to run at a police officer with a golf club in an aggressive manner.

Let me ask you this, can someone be killed with one hit from a golf club?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Sad, but I really think charging towards someone armed with a gun (Shouting Police search warrant) when you have a golf club is a bad idea. Once again I am seeing opinions that are out of touch with reality.

You know, it's funny. You don't see people, even people on drugs jumping off of tall buildings. Oh, it happens, I know, but not very often.

Yet it seems as if people armed with not much are constantly charging police who have broken down their door and clearly identified themselves as police officers, and are pointing guns at them.

You're exactly right, that's not a good idea. I'm just shocked - shocked I tell you - at how often it seems to happen.

There's no possible way, of course, that while they were kicking in his door (not identifying themselves yet, as is the way of no knock warrants as I understand it) he armed himself for the unknown intruder, and they shot him before he had a chance to come to his senses. No, that's not likely at all. Much more likely he knew these were cops, and charged their pointed shotguns and carbines with a golf club.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Thats disturbing, and VERY ANTI LEO!!! This man was not shot because he choose to use drugs in his home. This man was shot because he decided to run at a police officer with a golf club in an aggressive manner.

Let me ask you this, can someone be killed with one hit from a golf club?

Is this post serious? Did you watch the video?

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    You know, it's funny. You don't see people, even people on drugs jumping off of tall buildings. Oh, it happens, I know, but not very often.

Yet it seems as if people armed with not much are constantly charging police who have broken down their door and clearly identified themselves as police officers, and are pointing guns at them.

You're exactly right, that's not a good idea. I'm just shocked - shocked I tell you - at how often it seems to happen.

There's no possible way, of course, that while they were kicking in his door (not identifying themselves yet, as is the way of no knock warrants as I understand it) he armed himself for the unknown intruder, and they shot him before he had a chance to come to his senses. No, that's not likely at all. Much more likely he knew these were cops, and charged their pointed shotguns and carbines with a golf club.

Should the police officer on lead allow the man to bash his head in with a golf club, because the man was confused? I am in no way advocating the use of no knock warrants on a regular basis, however I do I think they have their place. I think the requirements for no knock warrants should have to meet certain factors before one can be issued, but this is a legislative issue not an LEO issue. I heard Police searchwarrant very loud and clear twice while kicking in the door, not to mention the numerous others yelling searchwarrant.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

I am not sure we watched the same video...

He was standing in the corner of a doorway with a club... Within a few seconds of breaching, before he was given time to realize what was happening or drop his golf club, he was shot multiple times.

Some officers were still yelling "get on the ground" after he had been shot multiple times.

I really, really hope your just a troll, and not being serious....

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    With all due respect, I think this incident should be a little concerning to just about anyone on this board who has an interest in defending his/her home.

Here are some points to consider:

1. The guy that the cops were looking for did not even live at this house at the time of the Raid.
    2. The cops had sketchy information and still were able to obtain a no-knock warrant.
    3. The cops tried to protect Blair by ensuring that he would not be home at the time of the raid. When they failed to ensure that he would not be home, they went ahead with the raid anyway.
    4. The cops did not even have the warrant on them at the time of the raid.
    5. The cops did not know prior to the raid that Blair had any illegal substances on him (in his home).
    6. Burnett did not give himself time to evaluate the threat or even identify what or who he was shooting at. It probably could have been Blair's mom for all Burnett knew.
    7. The shooting is deemed justifiable by the department because Burnett "thought" Blair had a sword or something.
    8. Burnett was wearing body armor.
    9. If this is how a SWAT team acts, how can an innocent homeowner determine the difference between cops and legitimate invaders, knowing that a SWAT team may shoot to kill at the site of any attempt by the homeowner to defend him/herself? Someone is kicking down my door at 3am, is it a criminal or did the SWAT team just screw up?

This is somewhat reminiscent of the homeowner who was shot multiple times by cops, because the homeowner had the home invader at gun point. The biggest difference is that the homeowner was actually expecting the cops in that case, he just wasn't expecting to get shot by them.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Is this post serious? Did you watch the video?

Benny, please read what I bolded on the post above where you quoted me. Wishing drug users would shoot at police is very Anti LEO IMO. What do you take it as, good training for police? Wtf? I am not saying I agree with what happened in the video, but honestly I dont know that I would have done much different.

Someone please tell me what response they would have taken since everyone is so critical of this officer? Please, do not say that I would not have used a no knock warrant to start, stick with the situation given.

Top Bottom