11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Always day light and always in a chain store or chain restaurant parking lot.
    So far I have had no problems

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was wondering if the guy even had a gun on him since he was in the process of selling six. :dunno:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wow, nice reminder. I'd say it had to do with the multiple guns, but I'm definitely not saying it couldn't happen to a single sale.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    There are some real weirdos on craigslist. I cut a deal short once because something didn't seem right. Luckily the guys left without incident when they found out I was armed.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I won''t tell my wife about this incident. She gets a little twitchy when I meet someone. One time I took her with me, She asked why, I said so she could call 911 and run the guy over with the van lol. I always try to meet in a public place and whenever possible with a friend. In absence of someone to ride along. I always tell where I am meeting, when and how long it should take. I call immediately upon completion of the deal so loved one knows all is well. I usually mention casually during the deal that my wife is waiting for me.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hell, I've met enough wack jobs on Craigslist just selling regular everyday stuff. There are some real winners on Armslist also. I always tell my wife exactly where I am going, name/phone #/info of person I am meeting, and call when I am done. I always carry also, usually OC. Sad to hear something like this. Horrible, just horrible.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Three of four FTF's with INGO'ers--all went well. OTOH, some jerkoff tried to sell me a stolen carpet cleaner on craigslist last week. Damn near called the cops on the guy just for wasting my time.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I did a FTF deal with a fellow INGO. We met down in Crawfordsville. He brought his girlfriend/wife. We had a nice lunch and traded in the parking lot after. Everything went great!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You have to do your homework on the person and trust your gut. You can go back and check their previous posts to get a feel of what they are like. Read feedbacks from previous sales if they have any. As others have said, take back up, meet in daylight in a public area...etc.

I was worreid at my last buy, I was afraid HandK would try to sell me another HK. :D

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    It makes me sick to hear of nice people getting killed, too bad he didn't have some back up, that's why I always take a friend with me and both of us are "cocked and locked" just incase the need would arise

Top Bottom