• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have ZERO interest in organizing such a thing, but if someone sets one up for a Sunday in the greater Indy area, I'd be happy to show up and lend my tools and talent.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I have ZERO interest in organizing such a thing, but if someone sets one up for a Sunday in the greater Indy area, I'd be happy to show up and lend my tools and talent.
    I would be willing to set something up in my shop if you guys would be willing to help out as far as setting up, etc. I have wanted to do one of these for awhile and if I had assistance from a few of you that have done these before I would love to put something together. Let me know

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a major development brewing that would free me up to devote more time to such things. If that materializes this week, I will start getting one planned...I promise....:D

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I have a major development brewing that would free me up to devote more time to such things. If that materializes this week, I will start getting one planned...I promise....:D
    We can always have more than one. You can never build enough Ar15's:rockwoot:

kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    @IndyVet I don't live to far from your shop. If you decide to setup a build I would help out. I have built three in the past year and have the tools for building lowers. not familiar with building uppers, bought mine pre-built.

Goes for any other parties, I would help out.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Would it be impractical to participate in one of these if the AR you are wanting to build is not in .223/5.56? Specifically I have an upper in 6.5 Grendel or .264 LBC that I am dreaming about buying parts piece meal for (barrel, float tube, upper receiver, BCG...) and putting together.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Would it be impractical to participate in one of these if the AR you are wanting to build is not in .223/5.56? Specifically I have an upper in 6.5 Grendel or .264 LBC that I am dreaming about buying parts piece meal for (barrel, float tube, upper receiver, BCG...) and putting together.

I'll be happy to assist if you want! I built my Grendel upper last year and she runs great.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I am all for this. Not sure who or how to get ahold of someone that has done one of these. Someone get in contact with me if you want and we can figure it out. I don't want to throw something together and have it turn out bad. I'd be happy to host something.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I would be interested in participating in something like this, but I don't know enough about a parts list to be confident in having everything needed on the build date. I've looked at various sites and my eyes blur with all the parts kits that are available. Can anyone put together a good list for those of us who are not really familiar with AR builds?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Essentials are:

Lower - lower parts kit, lower receiver, stock, buffer tube, buffer, spring
    Upper - Upper receiver, upper parts kit, bolt carrier group, gas tube, forearm, barrel, charging handle, gas block

add ons/upgrades - trigger group, pistol grip, foregrip, optics/buis, muzzle devices, mags, ambi levers, free float forearm, sling etc.

PM me and I would be happy to help.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom