• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Just remember there are two sizes of carbine receiver extension tubes (buffer tubes). The slightly larger diameter commercial with machine cut threads & the mil spec with rolled threads. Both fit into the lower but use different stocks.

Fall Creek Valley club was talking about doing an AR build class. (FCVCC.org) I don't know if it's really on the club calendar yet or not. There's a club meeting tomorrow night but I don't think I can make it there to find out.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd be happy to host something.

How much space do you have? In the past we've used the clubhouse at MCF&G.

6icigx.jpg

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    How much space do you have? In the past we've used the clubhouse at MCF&G.

6icigx.jpg

Not quite that much room but we do have enough for a couple of tables in the back and I will have to reorganize and relocate some things which is fine. I have a table set up now as we made room for upcoming Utah conceal carry permit classes that we will be holding in the future. I believe we would have plenty of room depending on the turnout.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe we would have plenty of room depending on the turnout.

That's the kicker-- final turnout is often hard to predict. You can use threads like this as a gauge, but you'll always get some guys that just show up and never post a thing on the board.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That's the kicker-- final turnout is often hard to predict. You can use threads like this as a gauge, but you'll always get some guys that just show up and never post a thing on the board.
    Probably could fit about 15-20. If you or someone has a chance and can swing by I would be more than happy to show you the back room and scout it out and see what we can do as far as moving stuff around and making room and making sure we have enough space.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Probably could fit about 15-20. If you or someone has a chance and can swing by I would be more than happy to show you the back room and scout it out and see what we can do as far as moving stuff around and making room and making sure we have enough space.

I may just do that. . . . I'll try and find some time to stop by and say Hi!

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I would be interested in participating in something like this, but I don't know enough about a parts list to be confident in having everything needed on the build date. I've looked at various sites and my eyes blur with all the parts kits that are available. Can anyone put together a good list for those of us who are not really familiar with AR builds?

I attended the build party last year, showed up with nothing but an agreement with Corey to buy a Spikes lower. When I got there I bought a lpk from Cwood and Shooter521 showed me how to assemble the lower. I was unsure of what I wanted to end up with so it took me a while to buy the balance of the parts and pieces, but by November I had everything completed.

Thanks to all who donate their time, expertise, and tools to help all of us. (Cwood, Shooter521, Corey, and VUPDBlue) :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I may just do that. . . . I'll try and find some time to stop by and say Hi!

Ok, sorry it took so long for me to get back and update this thread!

I stopped by Indy Trading Post a couple weeks ago and had a nice talk with Brian (Indyvet). Unfortunately his workshop area isn't big enough to hold the amount of people that typically show up to these build parties.

I have, however, pitched to him an alternate idea that could work to the benefit of many AR-owning INGOers. We'll see what happens!

Top Bottom