• ...and so much more!
  • Should Marijuana be Legalized?

• Total voters

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    After going off-topic in a related thread, I figured it this should be addressed directly. How many people believe that marijuana should be legalized for recreational consumption in the US. What are the positives or negatives that weigh in on your decision. I will start off by saying that I do not agree with legalization. My occupation has nothing to do with my intial beliefs, but has strengthened my conviction against the substance.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    After going off-topic in a related thread, I figured it this should be addressed directly. How many people believe that marijuana should be legalized for recreational consumption in the US. What are the positives or negatives that weigh in on your decision. I will start off by saying that I do not agree with legalization. My occupation has nothing to do with my intial beliefs, but has strengthened my conviction against the substance.

Do you want your doctor, dentist, or your kids teacher to be stoned:(

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I don't smoke pot or ciggarettes for that matter anymore. I also rarely drink alcohol. I think pot should be legalized because the gov't has better places to waste my tax dollars than on a drug war they cannot win. Pot is no worse than alcohol in my opinion.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    My personal opinion is that there are enough lazy asses in the world. The last thing we need are a bunch of stoned zombies walking down the street too high to get a job.

My biggest argument with those that say legalize drugs and all the problems associated with them will go away...do they really think that these people will stop stealing and killing to get a fix? That because it's legal these people will suddenly become productive members of society?

Not likely.

I don't have a problem with true "medical" marijuana. It has many purposes in that field. As long as it's legit...smoke 'em if you got 'em.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    My personal opinion is that there are enough lazy asses in the world. The last thing we need are a bunch of stoned zombies walking down the street too high to get a job.

My biggest argument with those that say legalize drugs and all the problems associated with them will go away...do they really think that these people will stop stealing and killing to get a fix? That because it's legal these people will suddenly become productive members of society?

Not likely.

Glad you posted, Cause I just remember, Do you want the COPS, your LAWYER, & the JUDGE stoned while hearing your case:rolleyes:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This whole "if we legalize pot, everyone is gonna be high all the time" objection is in the same vein as the antigunners saying "if my legalize concealed carry/"assault weapons"/whatever its gonna be like the wild west with all the shootings"

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    No drugs should not be legalized, but shoud be decriminalized, so people can get treatment for addiction, instead of using druggies to feed the corporate prisons with tax payers money.

If you dont think people get addicted to marywanna in a bad way you havent been around enough people that are addicted, they will cheat, rob steal, and starve their children to buy it. just as bad as heroin, as oxycotten.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    You can drink 1 or 2 beers & be find, but smoke 1 or 2 blunts & see if you'll be find:D
    you can take 1 or 2 puffs and be fine. your comparison in amounts is not fair, its like saying "if I drink a glass of wine I'll be fine, but if you drink a quart of vodka you'll be wasted".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Glad you posted, Cause I just remember, Do you want the COPS, your LAWYER, & the JUDGE stoned while hearing your case

I don't want them huffing gasoline either. Better make gasoline illegal too.

Bike patrol!

thomas-lennon-lt-dangle.jpg

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    No drugs should not be legalized, but shoud be decriminalized, so people can get treatment for addiction, instead of using druggies to feed the corporate prisons with tax payers money.

If you dont think people get addicted to marywanna in a bad way you havent been around enough people that are addicted, they will cheat, rob steal, and starve their children to buy it. just as bad as heroin, as oxycotten.

Shouldn't that last part be in purple? How many people die or have died from weed? How much taxpayer money is spent on the drug war? If you think weed is as bad as oxy or H what do you think of alcohol consumption? More people die every week from alcohol than have ever died from weed. You must own stock in the prison system.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I'm in favor of phased legalization of drugs. I stress phased because I would want some form of accurate rapid detection technique available to LE, i.e. a breathalyzer. What you do in your own home has absolutely no business being regulated by the government, barring it's effect on others. How many come home after work, and enjoy a beer? Or look forward to that drink with their dinner, or whatever the case may be. Hell, go home and get wrecked. Put back an entire bottle of Johnny Walker black, what the hell do I care? Get behind the wheel of a car? Well, that's a crime.

The same can be said of other intoxicants. Smoke a bong too many? No problem. Get behind the wheel of a car and get pulled over by Officer whats-his-face? No problem. He's got a detection means for that. Oh, too high to drive? Cool. Prison.

Prohibition does not work, not ever. All prohibition does is create a new class of criminals by creating a black market. The laws of economics at work. If there is a demand, a supply will be found. Whether it be alcohol duringthe 1920s prohibition, which brought us Al Capone, Bugsy Siegel, and Dutch Schultz, the modern drug prohibition which gave us guys like Pablo Escobar, and the now rampaging mexican cartels, or strict gun laws. You aren't stopping anyone intent on breaking the law. That's reason one I'm opposed to drugs being illegal. The second is as I stated earlier, no one has the right to tell me what I can and can't put into my own body, or what I do in my own home, so long as I harm no other human.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Shouldn't that last part be in purple? How many people die or have died from weed? How much taxpayer money is spent on the drug war? If you think weed is as bad as oxy or H what do you think of alcohol consumption? More people die every week from alcohol than have ever died from weed. You must own stock in the prison system.
    there are roughly 75,000 alcohol related deaths a year in this country, it's the third leading cause of preventable death in the united states. but it's perfectly legal

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    You can drink 1 or 2 beers & be find, but smoke 1 or 2 blunts & see if you'll be find:D

Judging from your use of the word "find" in the above sentence, sir... please tell me - was it one blunt or two??? :D

I'm assuming you meant "fine"???

I keed - I keed...

This is a tough call for me, because I believe in neither smoking the stuff, nor drinking, nor any of it. I find all of it abhorrent. That said, the question at hand is "should people have the freedom to ingest what they will without going to jail"? I fall into that weird group that feels that people should have the freedom - and yet I hope and pray that they choose not to, except in the most carefully studied medically necessary scenario. To be completely fair, I would urge the same precautions with Alcohol and Tobacco as well...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Laws that control behavior to compel people to confirm to a particular moral code are morally wrong.

The only morally acceptable laws are those that directly protect the liberties of the individual.

Top Bottom