New Ruger Firearms from SHOT 2014 (Video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The SR-762 would be awesome!

The SR762 isn't really "new for 2014" as it began shipping late last year; we had a couple come through the shop last year and have one on the rack as I type this. It *is* a cool rifle. :)

I like it and if they made it in another caliber I would buy it.

SR556, problem solved. Oh wait, you're a gun owner. You mean "if they make it in a ridiculously niche caliber that nobody's ever heard of and nobody makes ammo for," don't you. :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh wait, you're a gun owner. You mean "if they make it in a ridiculously niche caliber that nobody's ever heard of and nobody makes ammo for," don't you. :):

Hipster-Kitty-Makarov-Open-Carry.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Very nice. Ruger rep gets extra points for great trigger discipline and going out of his way not to sweep the camera.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have long been a fan of Ruger..since the old Standard semiauto I bought in the 80s. I HOPE they continue to pay careful attention to quality..A friend of mine just sent back a takedown 10-22 that was pretty inaccurate. Ruger customer service has always been second to none!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I worked as a design technician in consumer products for years and thought that once a product was published in a retail catalog and distributed that it was required to have product in inventory ready for delivery. We're hearing lots of hype about new Ruger products but I haven't seen any new ones for several years. I'm hearing possibly that they haven't produced any medium and large frame revolvers for some time and want until later this quarter when the new Carolina plants comes on line. The emphasis seems to be on Semi Automatics and small frame carry firearms. Smith Wesson isn't exactly doing better. I've seen a few Classic revolvers but hear that they go to the Representatives favorite dealers. So, I'm glad to hear about the new products but don't hold your breath until you get one.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We're hearing lots of hype about new Ruger products but I haven't seen any new ones for several years.

This certainly hasn't mirrored our experience. Where have you been looking? :dunno:

We've had examples of all the popular new Ruger firearms introduced in the past few years. LC9, LC380, LCP Stainless, LCR-X, Ruger American Compact .223, Ruger American Rimfire, 10/22 Takedown, Gunsite Scout Rifle, etc. In many instances, we've had product in-hand before the actual release announcement was made.

I'm hearing possibly that they haven't produced any medium and large frame revolvers for some time

GP100s are shipping; just got some in this week. We have also been offered (but turned down) Super Redhawk Alaskans.

Smith Wesson isn't exactly doing better. I've seen a few Classic revolvers but hear that they go to the Representatives favorite dealers.

We don't get many requests for the Classic line, but 686s and 629s have been pretty easy to come by. We also have one of the new-for-2014 Model 69s coming in next week.

I will say that Ruger is much better than S&W about having new products ready to ship at the time they announce them, but S&W and other companies are slowly coming around and trying to parrot the Ruger model.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I am very upset at Ruger right now!!!

I have been holding off on the SR45 for a few months now hoping they would be releasing the SR45C and none!!!

Now out of spite I won't be buying the SR45 until they release the Compact model!! :soapbox:

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    This certainly hasn't mirrored our experience. Where have you been looking? :dunno:

We've had examples of all the popular new Ruger firearms introduced in the past few years. LC9, LC380, LCP Stainless, LCR-X, Ruger American Compact .223, Ruger American Rimfire, 10/22 Takedown, Gunsite Scout Rifle, etc. In many instances, we've had product in-hand before the actual release announcement was made.

GP100s are shipping; just got some in this week. We have also been offered (but turned down) Super Redhawk Alaskans.

We don't get many requests for the Classic line, but 686s and 629s have been pretty easy to come by. We also have one of the new-for-2014 Model 69s coming in next week.

I will say that Ruger is much better than S&W about having new products ready to ship at the time they announce them, but S&W and other companies are slowly coming around and trying to parrot the Ruger model.

Sounds like you represent a gun store. My experience is this ..... what dribble of new products that come in are basically scooped up by the store employees. Yes, Ruger has been focused on the semi auto's and polymer handguns. But they don't have sufficient production facilities to keep the shelves supplied. So, medium and large frame handguns have been in a total hiatus for a long time. Some stores have resorted to selling single action cowboy guns . The SR1911, GP100 357, SP101, 327 Federal GP100 have all ben allocated and few and far between and seldom found in any of the local stores. I've bought handguns from Montana, Idaho, North Dakota , Alabama and Florida because they have product to sell. And, I've been know to drive to South Bend to Mid West for they seem better connected with the firearm supply line. But, the bottom line is handguns in the Indianapolis Metro area have been scarce at the best.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Hey...I'm not always right.. I did a search today on the Internet and found a bunch of new Ruger Match Champion revolvers in a range from 699.00 to 900.00. Most of them are around 725.00 plus fees. looks like some are on the street. I hope there will be some in Indy soon. With sales tax it might be cheaper to buy on line and ship them to local FFL.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sounds like you represent a gun store. My experience is this ..... what dribble of new products that come in are basically scooped up by the store employees.

Beech Grove Firearms gets in new Rugers pretty often. For a store their size, USDS will surprise you with what they come up with. They had the first LCRx I've seen. If you tell either what you are looking for, they will call you when they get it in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    THIS!

and USDS will gladly special order whatever you want (provided the distributor has stock).

ETA: Yes, Shooter521 DOES work for a gun store. Bradis.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom