New Ruger Firearms from SHOT 2014 (Video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We're hearing lots of hype about new Ruger products but I haven't seen any new ones for several years. I'm hearing possibly that they haven't produced any medium and large frame revolvers for some time and want until later this quarter when the new Carolina plants comes on line.

Who is telling you this nonsense?

Man, gun nut rumors are always the wildest.

I just coonfingered the newest Ruger GP100 MatchDooHickey today at the 1500.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just coonfingered the newest Ruger GP100 MatchDooHickey today at the 1500.

What was it going for? Looks like low $700s online. Now that I know it doesn't have the roll mark on the barrel for sure, I'm really going to have to get one. I need another revolver like I need a tub of Crisco and a g-string, but sometimes you just gotta dance in the moon light and...wait..what were we talking about?

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Just my luck..... a day late and dollar short. I decided not to go because of the weather and not expecting to see anything new on display. 20.00 to attend the show is a lot to spend just to hang with the guys who coon finger guns. Now, I could have bought a Match Champion revolver .... wonder what the price was. I figure a internet purchase will cost around 785.00 out the door at the FFL dealer. I bet they aren't that cheap at the local stores.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Buy Ruger firearms now. I bought the stock after the school shootings and Thursday the stock hit 84.94.

i keep have to raise my stop loss figure up on it also.

I do like them but only own a mark II pistol and 10-22 target and 96/22.

I find other makers to be a little more refined.

My only complaint is when they have released new product in the past they have had some issues with them. Even the 10-22 takedown suffered when pieces were not heat treated and it was not noticed during QC inspections. Was pushed to mArket by high demand. Sales are good but profit is maxed if high sales and low to no product warranty returns and lowered customers quality experience.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I looked at the stock when Obama was elected and it jumper to 6.00/share. I thought the ship had already left dock and passed on buying in. It would have been a 70.00 /share profit had I gone ahead with the original thought. However, Ruger doesn't have a history of paying more than a token dividend and still don't. It's all Capitol Gain @ 15% Federal tax rate. Smith Wesson is another in about the same boat. The question is ...... how much longer can they continue this rush to buy guns? You can buy 76.00/share stock and it could go back to 6 dollars.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    That is where the stop loss come in handy. Sell when it drops and buy again when it bottoms out.

I had bought some In June 2012 at around 30 a share as it rose up in 2012 I put in a sell if it dropped to 45 and when the shooting happened I got out and went back in two weeks later when it was 40 and now it was at 84 and I will autosell if it drops under 73. When that happens I will let it drop then buy in again. I do this with some 401k money at the stock brokers that let you invest some money in stocks you want to own.

Qc issues always intrigue me ruger has good customer service but I sure wish they did not need it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom