Poll: Would you like to see a Gunsmithing subforum?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you like to see a Gunsmithing Subforum?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The topic has came up again so I thought I would start a poll to see what the numbers look like and perhaps show the admin how many people really do want one. Yes, No, Unsure. If no or unsure please comment as to why.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I think it'd be a great idea .

I know there've been a few projects that I've needed info on and had to spend HOURS going through pages on other sites looking for info .

Homegrown local info , help and ideas are always better .

Why isn't there one ? It doesn't make any sense to me that we don't have one .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If we were openly discussing smith work and someone hurt themselves could that put some level of liability towards this forum?????

People sue for lesser things.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    voted unsure.

other forums that have specific 'smithing forums are 95%+ "what oil should I use?" or "how do I clean my [whatever]" or "Is brand X drop-in part better than brand Y drop-in part." Not much better than a general forum. If it can stay technical, then go for it. Iirc 1911 forum was pretty good at keeping it technical.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If we were openly discussing smith work and someone hurt themselves could that put some level of liability towards this forum?????

People sue for lesser things.

whats the difference in discussing shooting guns and someone gets hurt?

1) if we were discussing gun plumbing in a general Handgun/longgun forum, that's different than the subject being compiled in one subform?
    2) we have reloading discussions
    3) if it's on the internet, it must be true.

-rvb

Last edited:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    voted unsure.

other forums that have specific 'smithing forums are 95%+ "what oil should I use?" or "how do I clean my [whatever]" or "Is brand X drop-in part better than brand Y drop-in part." Not much better than a general forum. If it can stay technical, then go for it. Iirc 1911 forum was pretty good at keeping it technical.

-rvb

There is no such thing as a "drop in part' and a dremel should only be used at zero rpm's. :)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    There is no such thing as a "drop in part'

Sure there is. Go look on the first two pages of threads in the long-guns forum and count how many "which AR trigger" or "which scope mount" type threads you see. Then go over to the handguns forum and see how many "which aftermarket guide rod?" or "which glock connector" threads you can find.

-rvb

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I voted yes but I don't see it happening. This is delving into an area that could be construed as an area of potential liability risk for the site owner that probably can't be minimized by a liability policy. If it could even be purchased much less affordable.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Sure there is. Go look on the first two pages of threads in the long-guns forum and count how many "which AR trigger" or "which scope mount" type threads you see. Then go over to the handguns forum and see how many "which aftermarket guide rod?" or "which glock connector" threads you can find.

-rvb

Glock! Those are for the Tupperware forum.:laugh:

Top Bottom