• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I think it's time to up the minimum post count for the classifieds, as well as don't let people buy their way in. We have a great community, and all these people with 50-55 posts making WTS ads with items 5x market value is making the community look like a bunch of greedy ass-hats. I understand there is a lot of panic buying going on, and I know that if someone is willing to pay, then hell, sell it to the dumb bastard, but people rely on INGO not only for accurate information on firearms, but for good deals, accurate market pricing, and a great community.

Get rid of the greedy rift raft trying to make a quick buck, and bring INGO back to the community it was.

Come on $1k Colt lower, $500 stripped lowers, $800 Glocks and Sub 2ks...is this really the perception you want of INGO? No reason it shouldn't be 100-200 posts. That's what maybe a week or two of posting? If they need a quick buck or want to price gouge they can go to gunbroker, armslist, hoosier topics, or a number of other places to do that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How about a 100 "quality post" minimum. If we do that, then I've only got about 10 more posts to go before I get there.

By the way, I was hoping to trade a declawed hamster, a toilet paper tube and $7 for that thousand dollar Colt lower.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I think it's time to up the minimum post count for the classifieds, as well as don't let people buy their way in. We have a great community, and all these people with 50-55 posts making WTS ads with items 5x market value is making the community look like a bunch of greedy ass-hats. I understand there is a lot of panic buying going on, and I know that if someone is willing to pay, then hell, sell it to the dumb bastard, but people rely on INGO not only for accurate information on firearms, but for good deals, accurate market pricing, and a great community.

Get rid of the greedy rift raft trying to make a quick buck, and bring INGO back to the community it was.

Come on $1k Colt lower, $500 stripped lowers, $800 Glocks and Sub 2ks...is this really the perception you want of INGO? No reason it shouldn't be 100-200 posts. That's what maybe a week or two of posting? If they need a quick buck or want to price gouge they can go to gunbroker, armslist, hoosier topics, or a number of other places to do that.

I'm inclined to agree. There are more and more people getting on here looking to make a buck. Or evidently desperate to buy something. There's a few in particular that seem to have a screw loose. In one particular thread currently in play, the guy is either drunk tonight or he's literally crazy.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm inclined to agree. There are more and more people getting on here looking to make a buck. Or evidently desperate to buy something. There's a few in particular that seem to have a screw loose. In one particular thread currently in play, the guy is either drunk tonight or he's literally crazy.
    Iposted that 5-6 days ago:D

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield

Couldn't agree more! I just shake my head everytime I browse the classifieds.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Seems like this is more tongue-in-cheek than serious, but I think it should be 100 posts.

Part of the purpose for having a minimum post I would think, is so people can try to get an idea of the character of the member/poster. 50 posts is not enough.

It does not take long to get to 100 posts if you truly want to become a member of this community.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Damn, I would be interested if it was an intact hamster

I do have a hamster that has not been de-clawed. He's not trained as well as the declawed hamster so its a buyer beware sort of thing ;)

Seems like this is more tongue-in-cheek than serious, but I think it should be 100 posts.

Part of the purpose for having a minimum post I would think, is so people can try to get an idea of the character of the member/poster. 50 posts is not enough.

It does not take long to get to 100 posts if you truly want to become a member of this community.
    I'll agree. I come here because this is a community. I don't come here because of any marketplace. Been around since almost the beginning of INGO, back then we didn't have any marketplace at all.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I'm hoping to buy that .17 revolver from you .Not insult the Bunnykid .. Man , I wish you didn't live so far away . F T F would be a pain with my schedule .

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm hoping to buy that .17 revolver from you .Not insult the Bunnykid .. Man , I wish you didn't live so far away . F T F would be a pain with my schedule .
    Are you telling me I am in violation of the rules and that I have an ad in the classifieds that I did not close?

I just checked, I closed that ad

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Yes , it was a while back . I did not know what happened to it . I just thought that it was really cool . ( I would not know a violation if it was sitting right next to me .) I have the tech. skills of a caveman :) I keep looking for one in my part of the world .NO.You have no violations as far as I would know ..

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom