• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    So I am in the drive thru at taco bell and I get my food and I start to drive away. This towtruck is blocking the exit to the drive thru and I couldn’t get out. What do you do when you drive a truck? I drove over the curb through about a 15 foot patch of grass to get to the exit and got to the pavement. When I got to the other side this security guard with a clipboard flags me down and he says, “What the hell are you doin?” I said, “What do you mean?” He says, “Don’t act like you don’t know what you just did. I saw you drive over that.” I said, “Well, the tow truck was blockin’ my way.” He says, “And what is that?” as he pointed to the rifle in my passenger seat. I said, “that’s my rifle.” He says, “Why are you carrying that around town” I said, “because I go out shootin sometimes and I leave it in my truck.” He then asks for my license, registration and insurance. I give it to him and he asks what my insurance company is so I said Allstate. He says “Well you could have caused some damage to the property driving over that like that. We are trying to tow cars out here and I could have been sittin in my car in AC where I want to be. I will give this information to the property managers and if they want to contact your insurance for any damages they will but it doesn’t appear that you caused any damage.” Then he gave me my documentation back and says, “Ok well be responsible.” And I drove off.

Now I didn’t know if he was with the Fire department police department or just a security guard or what that is why I said here ya go. He did look pretty official. I am just assuming he was a security guard. Should I have got his name? I regret not doing it now. I also regret not asking him who he worked for because I gave him my information. I hate when you do stupid stuff at the time because you think it will be no big deal. If he was a security guard I could have just told him to F off and left probably.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So I am in the drive thru at taco bell and I get my food and I start to drive away. This towtruck is blocking the exit to the drive thru and I couldn’t get out. What do you do when you drive a truck? I drove over the curb through about a 15 foot patch of grass to get to the exit and got to the pavement. When I got to the other side this security guard with a clipboard flags me down and he says, “What the hell are you doin?” I said, “What do you mean?” He says, “Don’t act like you don’t know what you just did. I saw you drive over that.” I said, “Well, the tow truck was blockin’ my way.” He says, “And what is that?” as he pointed to the rifle in my passenger seat. I said, “that’s my rifle.” He says, “Why are you carrying that around town” I said, “because I go out shootin sometimes and I leave it in my truck.” He then asks for my license, registration and insurance. I give it to him and he asks what my insurance company is so I said Allstate. He says “Well you could have caused some damage to the property driving over that like that. We are trying to tow cars out here and I could have been sittin in my car in AC where I want to be. I will give this information to the property managers and if they want to contact your insurance for any damages they will but it doesn’t appear that you caused any damage.” Then he gave me my documentation back and says, “Ok well be responsible.” And I drove off.

Now I didn’t know if he was with the Fire department police department or just a security guard or what that is why I said here ya go. He did look pretty official. I am just assuming he was a security guard. Should I have got his name? I regret not doing it now. I also regret not asking him who he worked for because I gave him my information. I hate when you do stupid stuff at the time because you think it will be no big deal. If he was a security guard I could have just told him to F off and left probably.
    Where at downtown? I only know of the Taco Bell at 10th/Indiana Ave. What did his uniform look like and was he in a car?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    He was in a grey chevy malibu I do believe but it had no stickers on it. He was wearing an emergency 911 hat, had an intercom thing like police wear and was in a grey tshirt and I think he was wearing jeans but I don't remember for sure.

mightymauser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Crown Point
    a security guard? i accidentally jumped the curb at a mall one time and got pulled over by mall security. i apologized and said i didn't see it, which was the truth - big f250 rental. There was no damage to anything so I wasn't worried about anything. I was very polite and respectful as usual.

Then, he asked me for my drivers license/insurance, etc. at which point i laughed at his face and drove off. some people just dont know their place.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    If he was a police officer, he should have identified himself and his agency. What he did borders on impersonating, I would think. As far as his information, contact Taco Bell, as he seemed to indicate that he was employed by them. And if he is not a police officer, I would file a report. If he is doing stuff like that, he needs a reality check.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    hmmm... I just might contact them then. Thanks guys. Next time I will ask who he works for. I thought maybe police impounds as a possibility also?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So you drove through the grass and over the curb to get to the street and you are crappy with the security guard for saying something to you about it? You should consider yourself lucky you didn't get a $150 ticket.

Sec. 441-316. Driving over curb or sidewalk.
    The driver or operator of any vehicle shall not drive such vehicle across any curb or across or within any sidewalk or grassplot area, except at a permanent or temporary driveway and, in the latter instance, shall use due care not to break the curbing or cause other damage to property or injury to any person.
    (Code 1975, § 29-121)

Even if there wasn't any damage, it is still illegal.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    So you drove through the grass and over the curb to get to the street and you are crappy with the security guard for saying something to you about it? You should consider yourself lucky you didn't get a $150 ticket.

Sec. 441-316. Driving over curb or sidewalk.
    The driver or operator of any vehicle shall not drive such vehicle across any curb or across or within any sidewalk or grassplot area, except at a permanent or temporary driveway and, in the latter instance, shall use due care not to break the curbing or cause other damage to property or injury to any person.
    (Code 1975, § 29-121)

Even if there wasn't any damage, it is still illegal.

Well what about them blocking me in for five minutes and not letting me leave and making me late for work? I would drive over the curb again if I had to because I got things to do instead of wait on some tow truck driver who doesn't know what he is doing.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    well, you may have damaged the companies property which you DID intentionally drive OVER. illegally.

and he WAS acting on behalf of the company. just like if you "bumped" a company car an associate is driving. they are responsible for the damage, and to get the information of the person who CAUSED the damage. its his JOB. i wonder if he commented on you doing your job if you would come to the internet and start a thread.

bottom line: you broke the law and he was acting to protect what he is EMPLOYEED protecting.

as to the rifle in the seat: not his business. but i hope it was cased up and not visible.... driving around with a weapon in the open on a seat of a car is a bad idea. especially with a long gun which you can't possible just pick up and take into a business with you.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    And I wasn't crappy with him for saying something about it I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is him asking for my information when he is not a police officer and has no right to that information and him acting like my gun shouldn't be in my truck. I can keep it in my truck if I want to.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Well what about them blocking me in for five minutes and not letting me leave and making me late for work? I would drive over the curb again if I had to because I got things to do instead of wait on some tow truck driver who doesn't know what he is doing.

well. it would be illegal twice then.

and the "late to work" **** is lame. you had time to stop. if you are cutting it that close to the time you need to work, you should leave earlier.

and, again, i wonder if the truck driver came to YOUR work and was "underwhelmed" with your performance.....

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

I can't believe you gave him your I.D. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    well. it would be illegal twice then.

and the "late to work" **** is lame. you had time to stop. if you are cutting it that close to the time you need to work, you should leave earlier.

and, again, i wonder if the truck driver came to YOUR work and was "underwhelmed" with your performance.....

What do you mean "illegal twice then" exactly?

Top Bottom