• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    this is a very good friend of mine brother a husband and farther........come home to let his dog out at noon time.......he was shot in the back after he confronted the BG as he tried to run away......they think it was with one of his guns........he had a gun in his truck and didn't take it with him in to the house......please just call 911 and don't go in if your in the same boat.....please pray for him and his family....

Police: Homeowner Shot After Walking In On Burglary - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    i don't know for sure.....they think he seen the glass broke out of his back door and went on in......
    If that is the case, then he is at fault for his injury. He should have went back to his truck and got his firearm, IF he was going to investigate his home. Regardless, he should have called 911...

The reason I asked though is due to the fact that a large majority of people never even notice when their homes have been broken into. They think it is my house and it is a Sanctuary no one would dare invade it...

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    If that is the case, then he is at fault for his injury. He should have went back to his truck and got his firearm, IF he was going to investigate his home. Regardless, he should have called 911...

The reason I asked though is due to the fact that a large majority of people never even notice when their homes have been broken into. They think it is my house and it is a Sanctuary no one would dare invade it...

So, do you walk the perimeter of your house every time you come home from being out?

I can see if my garage has been broken into, my front door is open, and 2 sides worth of windows from driving up. 5 other windows, and my sliding glass door are not visible to me as I pull in my driveway.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I wish your friend the best! Hope all goes well, and that they catch the SOB who did this.

I believe no one thinks that this could happen to them, regardless if he noticed anything, or that he didnt take his gun from his truck, I still would not say he was at fault for his injuries!

The fault lies 100% on the scum that broke into his house, the bottom feeders of society who just do as they please and take from others.

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.

Not sure how to reply to this comment ? I'll try .:D

I pull up to my house from behind thru an alley and park in my drive , my front yard is blocked from the rear yard by way of a privacy fence .
    If someone broke into my home from a front bedroom window I would not have a clue until I unlocked my backdoor and walked into the house .

So with that scenario in mind : I'm to by your reasoning . get out of my vehicle , hop the 6' privacy fence and check all windows around the house for signs of breakage or entry , then check the front door
    Or this way , exit my vehicle with anxiety level high pull my weapon and make a tactical entry into my home under the impression that its being robbed and there are intruders in my home ?

Do you check under your car before getting in it ? How about looking behind every tree ?
    There will be times believe it or not that you will be surprised about something or someone .
    To say it's the guy's fault he was shot is ludicrous and can't believe you made that statement not knowing this person or if he'll be okay , knowing he's the friend of the OP !

To the OP , I'm truly hopeful that your Friend makes a full recovery and will pray for him and his family .

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Let's have our family members test us. Have them write a note on a piece of paper on a visible front sided window or garage window with a message on it and the date/time it was placed on there. Have it mounted in a location where it would give you access to a door lock, window lock, or large enough paper to get into the house. See how long it takes you to find it.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

this was in no way his fault......before his got his LTCH he took care of things like this with his fists.....a gentle but don't f&^k with me giant of a man!!!!.....i'm sure his first thought was i'll bust the a*&hole head when he went in....

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

No it was the burglars fault, if the burglar hadn't broken in this man wouldn't have came home to a burglary in progress. If the burglar hadn't shot him he wouldn't have been shot. Maybe he thought oh one of my animals did it, or those pesky neighbor kids, or I'm not saying it was aliens but it was aliens, either way the burglar is the one to blame for this.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    this was in no way his fault......before his got his LTCH he took care of things like this with his fists.....a gentle but don't f&^k with me giant of a man!!!!.....i'm sure his first thought was i'll bust the a*&hole head when he went in....

I didn't mean to sound it was his fault, what I meant to say is that your home it not to be coinsidered a safezone due to the fact that you live there.

Myself, I always take a moment to observe my property. Listen and look for my Dogs. I have a GSD and a Lab Mix that are protection trained for a reason, they are another tool in my toolbox of self defense. My entire backyard is fenced in and is their playground, enter it at your risk. Three side of my home are readily observable from where I park at. My Entry Doors have steel jams to make entry more dificult. My windows have 3/8" lexan "storm windows". Rose Bushes/Rasberries/Blackberries/Blueberries planted under the windows. Before, I would make entry into my home I would call someone at least if not 911. All tools in my toolbox for the protection of my family

Am I paranoid, possibly. But, it has kept me alive in various places...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not sure how to reply to this comment ? I'll try .:D

I pull up to my house from behind thru an alley and park in my drive , my front yard is blocked from the rear yard by way of a privacy fence .
    If someone broke into my home from a front bedroom window I would not have a clue until I unlocked my backdoor and walked into the house .

So with that scenario in mind : I'm to by your reasoning . get out of my vehicle , hop the 6' privacy fence and check all windows around the house for signs of breakage or entry , then check the front door
    Or this way , exit my vehicle with anxiety level high pull my weapon and make a tactical entry into my home under the impression that its being robbed and there are intruders in my home ?

Do you check under your car before getting in it ? How about looking behind every tree ?
    There will be times believe it or not that you will be surprised about something or someone .
    To say it's the guy's fault he was shot is ludicrous and can't believe you made that statement not knowing this person or if he'll be okay , knowing he's the friend of the OP !

To the OP , I'm truly hopeful that your Friend makes a full recovery and will pray for him and his family .
    Yes I do look under/around my vehicle. It is a habit I have attained at personal expense...

Just like scanning my Area for threats, another lesson I have learned at personal expense...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So, do you walk the perimeter of your house every time you come home from being out?

I can see if my garage has been broken into, my front door is open, and 2 sides worth of windows from driving up. 5 other windows, and my sliding glass door are not visible to me as I pull in my driveway.

Sometimes...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yes I do look under/around my vehicle. It is a habit I have attained at personal expense...

Just like scanning my Area for threats, another lesson I have learned at personal expense...

I look under my car as I am walking across the back yard, the parking lot.. wherever it may be. I look in the back seat, even if it is locked when I get there.

I survey the yard, look for the dogs.. look for anything out of the ordinary when I get home. I walk to the back of the carport to look down the alley when going out to the car.

In today's day and age you can never be to careful, me being female makes it even more important to be vigilant in my situational awareness.

I pray this man makes a full recovery and they catch this person who has done it.

Top Bottom