• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    ...two scruffy looking dudes wearing hoodies tried to break in through my back door this morning. I had just put two eggs on the skillet and headed into the secondary room in my house to get ready for work then I heard a light knock on the back door in the kitchen. I approached cautiously thinking about who it could be. I was about to go into view of the door when I heard the handle jiggle so I hid behind the refrigerator next to the door. After a silent pause there was a loud thud as if someone just tried to break the glass or kick in the door. I swung around the corner and braced against the base of the door with my forward foot. I was in uniform and had my gun belt on and my hand was on it the second I heard the handle jiggle. Both of the shady looking guys were like deer caught in the headlights. Through the door I said "Can I help you?" (which thinking about it was really really dumb). The nearest man said "Uhhh is David here?" I said "There is no David that lives here." before I could act or say anything else they ran off my enclosed back porch and darted out of my back yard. I called the police the first chance I got. Within 30 seconds they had set up a perimeter and caught all three guys (yes 3). It turns out that while I was in the shower they had kicked in my neighbor's back door and ransacked their side of the house (I live in a double) and locked their dog in the basement. The detectives on scene said that, until further investigation, they are being charged with burglary and attempted burglary. +3 to IMPD East District for outstanding response and capture. Plus, I got to eat my eggs :rockwoot:

Lock your doors. Secure your guns. Keep an eye open. Watch out for your neighbors.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You wouldn't wanna give a closest major street intersection, would ya?

Would I be close if I said Emerson and 16th or 10th and Sherman perhaps?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    You wouldn't wanna give a closest major street intersection, would ya?

Would I be close if I said Emerson and 16th or 10th and Sherman perhaps?
    Emerson and 10th is the closest major intersection. I've lived here for two years and this is the first major problem I've had.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Damn glad your safe, you know what you would have found, if you were not there. We have been burglarized twice, auto burgled once, and my daughter and husbands car burglarized last saturday night.Also some scum bag took my favorite pocket flashlight off my desk top here at work, :( so I am damn glad you got em!:rockwoot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's my area but I am off today. We have a good crew. I love working east district, it gets a bad rap in the news but there are FAR MORE good, hardworking people like myself than bad. Glad the goofs were caught.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Great job by yourself and IMPD. Glad everyone is safe and the bad guys were caught.

I have a friend that lives over that way who has had two home invasions. fortunately both times the bad guys were unarmed and were scared out of the house with very little loot.

Stay safe.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom