May 15, 2014
    Westville

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Im willing to bet that if I had to face you after killing your kid, brother/sister, etc. for doing stupid stuff that kids do, that you would not be on my side for killing them unarmed and essentially premeditated then leaving their bodies rotting in my basement for 24hrs+. Now put yourself in to those shoes and try being honest with yourself. Anyone on here is a liar if they say that "their" kids/brother/sister/etc got exactly what they deserved. Remember....Honest with yourself. ;)

You should really go listen to the audio of the whole assassination....dont know what else to call it....thats exactly what it was.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It isn't that I'm not sympathetic to all those who were hurt or that I agreed with the deeds of the crazy old guy.

Breaking into anyone's home does present certain risks for the criminal though and in this case cost them their lives. Had they not chosen to break and enter there is a fair chance they would still be alive.

Difference is my kids won't be breaking in to your house or anybody else's.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    It isn't that I'm not sympathetic to all those who were hurt or that I agreed with the deeds of the crazy old guy.

Breaking into anyone's home does present certain risks for the criminal though and in this case cost them their lives. Had they not chosen to break and enter there is a fair chance they would still be alive.

Exactly. I did some stupid stuff as a kid, but I never broke into someone's house or put someone in a position to fear for their lives.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

You dont know ANY of that for sure. You cant watch your kids 24/7. So quit trying to bypassing the "being honest with yourself" part by saying your kids wouldnt do this or that.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Exactly. I did some stupid stuff as a kid, but I never broke into someone's house or put someone in a position to fear for their lives.

If the "man" (and I am using the term "man" very loosely here) ---Byron Smith was so "in fear of his life" he wouldnt have set up an ambush and murdered (notice I wrote murdered and not defensively shot) two unarmed kids. You havent heard the audio have you? Listen to it...then back to the be honest with yourself thing. ;)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    If the "man" (and I am using the term "man" very loosely here) ---Byron Smith was so "in fear of his life" he wouldnt have set up an ambush and murdered (notice I wrote murdered and not defensively shot) two unarmed kids. You havent heard the audio have you? Listen to it...then back to the be honest with yourself thing. ;)

Nice try, but I have heard it. Notice in my first post in this thread I spoke of him having mental issues. What he did was just weird.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Honest question here: How did he get convicted of 4 counts of murder for killing 2 people? How does that work legally?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honest question here: How did he get convicted of 4 counts of murder for killing 2 people? How does that work legally?

The convictions were for 1st degree with premeditation and 2d degree. Not being a Minnesota attorney, I can only guess that Minnesota law allows conviction on a lesser included offense so that if an appeals court later finds that there was not sufficient evidence for the 1st degree count, the conviction on 2d degree could stand without the need for another trial. I doubt he was sentenced on all 4...but I don't know for sure.

Oh...and I find it disturbing that people here are basing an opinion about whether a guy committed murder on their personal perception of the value of the life of the victims. That's scary and sad. Fascist overtones.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The guy that killed (Murdered) the 2 unarmed teens that broke in his house and left their bodies rotting in his basement because he didnt want to bother police on Thanksgiving Day.

The POS go what almsot what he deserved. He should have got the needle but instead he got life in prison with NO possibility for parole.

Byron Smith gets life sentence for murdering two Little Falls teens | Star Tribune

I find it confusing that the same guy who confronts an acquaintance by pointing a gun at them and has demonstrated a lack of good judgement (you), would condemn this guy. It not that big of a leap to go from "I was just pointing my gun to scare him" to having a dead person laying in your driveway. :twocents:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I find it confusing that the same guy who confronts an acquaintance by pointing a gun at them and has demonstrated a lack of good judgement (you), would condemn this guy. It not that big of a leap to go from "I was just pointing my gun to scare him" to having a dead person laying in your driveway. :twocents:

:popcorn:

Where's the thread on this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom