GFZ's, by there very nature, are putting more illegally own guns on the street.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    So either leave the gun at home, or better yet don't frequent a venue that doesn't allow carry. :dunno:

So massive venues that don't allow firearms are in no way responsible for the reported rash of vehicle B&E's and the subsequent increase of firearms on the street in the wrongs hands?

Or did I miss the implied purple?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    so it's the gun owners fault their weapons are stolen?

Is it the fault of the venue because guns aren't allowed inside? If you want to frequent said venue you have 2 choices, leave the gun at home or don't frequent the venue. I personally can't afford to have a gun stolen so I don't put myself in situations where I have to leave it in my vehicle unless I absolutely can't help it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So massive venues that don't allow firearms are in no way responsible for the reported rash of vehicle B&E's and the subsequent increase of firearms on the street in the wrongs hands?

Or did I miss the implied purple?

The owner/agent of the venue isn't responsible for what someone does with their property. If a patron chooses to leave their gun in the car, thats on them. Vehicle B&Es where a gun is stolen don't only occur in large parking lots. Has anyone *****ed about gun owners leaving guns in a vehicle parked in their driveway with said gun being stolen and "falling into the wrong hands?"

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Is it the fault of the venue because guns aren't allowed inside? If you want to frequent said venue you have 2 choices, leave the gun at home or don't frequent the venue. I personally can't afford to have a gun stolen so I don't put myself in situations where I have to leave it in my vehicle unless I absolutely can't help it.

I think the premise of the article is getting missed here. It doesn't have anything to do with private property rights nor even poor decisions being made by firearm owners leaving a weapon in a locked storage container that has glass as a barrier.

In my opinion, the disconnect that is offered up here is shinning a light on the shallow examination usually given the specter of firearms making it into the hands of criminals. It is a direct comparison to the smoke and mirror tactics practiced by knee jerk hoplophobes who only hold out a minute example of contributing factors to support their narrow view while never allowing consideration of how their solutions actually contribute to the problem.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think the premise of the article is getting missed here. It doesn't have anything to do with private property rights nor even poor decisions being made by firearm owners leaving a weapon in a locked storage container that has glass as a barrier.

In my opinion, the disconnect that is offered up here is shinning a light on the shallow examination usually given the specter of firearms making it into the hands of criminals. It is a direct comparison to the smoke and mirror tactics practiced by knee jerk hoplophobes who only hold out a minute example of contributing factors to support their narrow view while never allowing consideration of how their solutions actually contribute to the problem.

I have no idea what you just said.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Sorry, I grew up with a Grandmother that was an English teacher when it was considered a valuable tool in life and a vocabulary that has served me well in learned circles.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Sorry, I grew up with a Grandmother that was an English teacher when it was considered a valuable tool in life and a vocabulary that has served me well in learned circles.

Grandmother is supposed to be capitalized?! I've been doing it wrong all these years. If you would like to continue this conversation, drop the uppity attitude and use terms that us public school simpletons can understand.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I'm thinking that there is some punctuation missing, but my grandmother wasn't an English teacher.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Sorry, I grew up with a grandmother who was an English teacher when it was considered a valuable tool in life and a vocabulary that has served me well in learned circles.
    I fixed some of it, but screw the rest. It is a run-on sentence. This is for you CPT Nervous!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Grandmother is supposed to be capitalized?! I've been doing it wrong all these years. If you would like to continue this conversation, drop the uppity attitude and use terms that us public school simpletons can understand.

Yessa massa! I'll jump right on that uppity thing if you agree to not hide behind your self appointed simpleton label.
    Bet it burns your tush when uppity folk don't kowtow to your authoritative simpleton act. Where did you learn that Frank ???

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Yessa massa! I'll jump right on that uppity thing if you agree to not hide behind your self appointed simpleton label.
    Bet it burns your tush when uppity folk don't kowtow to your authoritative simpleton act. Where did you learn that Frank ???
    really? Come on now.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Its not a label. I use plain English in my everyday interactions and don't try to impress anyone with fancy words or holier-than-thou attitudes. You should try it sometime.

Top Bottom