GFZ's, by there very nature, are putting more illegally own guns on the street.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I think the premise of the article is getting missed here. It doesn't have anything to do with private property rights nor even poor decisions being made by firearm owners leaving a weapon in a locked storage container that has glass as a barrier.

In my opinion, the disconnect that is offered up here is shinning a light on the shallow examination usually given the specter of firearms making it into the hands of criminals. It is a direct comparison to the smoke and mirror tactics practiced by knee jerk hoplophobes who only hold out a minute example of contributing factors to support their narrow view while never allowing consideration of how their solutions actually contribute to the problem.

I have no idea what you just said.

Let me try to simplify it for you guys... I could be wrong - but I'm trying:
    The point of the article is getting missed here. It doesn't have anything to do with property rights or poor decisions of gun owners leaving a weapon in a locked storage container that has glass as a barrier.

In Carat's opinion, the disconnect that is offered up here is bringing to light the shallow examples usually given to make the point 'bad guys get firearms because it's too easy to do so legally.'

It's a direct comparison between smoke and mirror tactics by knee-jerk individuals that have an irrational fear of firearms that only use a tiny example of contributing factors to support their narrow views. They will never consider how their own solutions can potentially make the problem they're trying to solve worse.

Carat can correct me if I'm inaccurate/wrong.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My bigger issue is the terrible grammar being exhibited by the grandson of an English teacher. As evidenced by the subject of this thread, the OP doesn't even know the difference between "there" and "their". Then he tries to tell us how amazing his upbringing, vocabulary and learned circles are. Some humility goes a long way when trying to converse with people, learned or otherwise.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My bigger issue is the terrible grammar being exhibited by the grandson of an English teacher. As evidenced by the subject of this thread, the OP doesn't even know the difference between "there" and "their". Then he tries to tell us how amazing his upbringing, vocabulary and learned circles are. Some humility goes a long way when trying to converse with people, learned or otherwise.
    Get past that - quit being petty - and look at what he actually tried to say.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I understood what he said. I'm learned too. He also tried to lecture us on good vocabulary and grammar. He has since disappeared and not responded to critique of his grammar.
    So if somebody does something silly/stupid/wrong... Your response is to be the 'better person' and respond-in-kind? Wait... That doesn't make sense...

Be the better person - move on with your life and keep the thread on-topic.

I was looking forward to the intelligent discussion I expected in this thread - not the Grammar Nazi's and Spelling Police. If somebody wants to make a fool of themselves - leave them to it - don't join the club.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    So if somebody does something silly/stupid/wrong... Your response is to be the 'better person' and respond-in-kind? Wait... That doesn't make sense...

Be the better person - move on with your life and keep the thread on-topic.
    This is the Internet. What fun would that be?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sorry, I grew up with a Grandmother that was an English teacher when it was considered a valuable tool in life and a vocabulary that has served me well in learned circles.
    So, are you saying that your grandmother was a tool? Or an English teacher is a tool?
    And is it your grandmother or an English teacher that is considered a vocabulary?:n00b:

Maybe Cathyinblue could help us out with this one!?

Last edited:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

He did that on purpose so we would have a better chance of understanding it.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    He did that on purpose so we would have a better chance of understanding it.
    :lmfao:Which is why I dissected the rest of his grammar usage. He started running his mouth about how much better he was than others due to his upbringing. I just pointed out that he has made plenty of grammatical errors in this thread alone. Now, he has conveniently disappeared...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom