• Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Cop Reportedly Goes Crazy Over Snowball Fight | NBC Washington

According to an eyewitness, a D.C. Police detective went nuts after kids pelted his Hummer with snowballs at 14th and U streets NW this afternoon. The cop got out of his car and started waving his gun around. He did not immediately identify himself as a police officer. He calmed down once his fellow police arrived. Apparently, someone called 911 to report a man with gun. The snowball fight had been well hyped on Twitter. The news of the incident first broke there. We caught up with an eyewitness moments ago. Photos and video to come.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Dang he must of been having a bad day or something. I bet he will get suspended.

I've been carrying a gun for 30+ years.

In that time, I've been a fast-food cook/manager at an all-night burger joint just blocks from Purdue University, on the midnight shift.

I've been a bartender.

I've been a bouncer.

I've been a gas station attendant, at two different stations along I-65, both on the graveyard shift.

I've been a welder in a factory setting.

I've even worked with the mentally/physically disabled in a work-place setting.

I've worked for myself, for the last 10 years, in the construction field, and dealing with the public in general. You never know who's going to call you!

During all but the last 10 years, I worked 2 & 3 jobs at a time, up to 80 hours a week.

Through all of this, I've NEVER had that bad a day!

I hope he gets help!

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hmmm the cop in the hummer getting jacked up about snowballs? Maybe that hummer gave him a big ego lol. Those kids need to respect his authorita.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hmmm the cop in the hummer getting jacked up about snowballs? Maybe that hummer gave him a big ego lol. Those kids need to respect his authorita.

Well, it was probably an H2 and you know those thing are built like :poop:. I saw one that hit a bus on the news last year. Up until that point I thought they were the bees knees. Then I saw how the front collapsed like a tin can and the engine had went into the cab. It hit the bus at 20-25mph. The bus has a cracked grill and a dent in the bumper. It was stopped. :dunno:

I'd agree and say the cop had an ego problem. Chest thumping GRRRRRaaaHHH kinda ego. Had that been us, we'd lost our carry license and probably the gun. Along with criminal charge as well. :rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hey...I didn't approve the budget...but it wouldn't surprise me. It may be a forfeiture vehicle. Of course...I imagine a DC detective's pay scale is high enough to afford an H2.

I'm sure many officers could afford an H2 if they budgeted their money properly. Just had to add a 3rd dimension of humor to this story. If the op story is true, this guy needs to be fired.

It irks me to see some of these monstrous fire department vehicles driving around. I just saw a 1/2 chevy at a dealer that was $43k. Ridiculous.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey...I didn't approve the budget...but it wouldn't surprise me. It may be a forfeiture vehicle. Of course...I imagine a DC detective's pay scale is high enough to afford an H2.

This I can see. But if I recall correctly, doesn't DC police along with a few other police agencies have H2's in their inventory? I know Miami-Dade does. I thought that CSI was just using Hollywood carp for their story line, but now, they do have H2s in their arsenal. However, they need them for accessing a lot of the swampland that surrounds them. :dunno:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    If it happened as reported........he does need to be fired and started on a "chill-pill" IV drip. He should have gotten out and started throwing snowballs back at them.

When I was a cop in AZ, my squad got hit with a basketball from some kids playing in the driveway. I stopped, got out (should have seen the looks on their faces), and commenced to playing a game of H-O-R-S-E with them...............I lost

:dunno:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    If it happened as reported........he does need to be fired and started on a "chill-pill" IV drip. He should have gotten out and started throwing snowballs back at them.

When I was a cop in AZ, my squad got hit with a basketball from some kids playing in the driveway. I stopped, got out (should have seen the looks on their faces), and commenced to playing a game of H-O-R-S-E with them...............I lost

:dunno:

See that's more the kind of cops we need to see more of. Ones that don't let little things get to them, and know how to have fun once in a while. :yesway:

RD3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    anyone who reacts like that to anything should never be allowed to carry a gun.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I thought I saw it all..... until now.

A snowball hits a Hummer and the driver gets out with a gun drawn. He then procedes to threaten multiple citizens with the gun. As backup arrives, he gets more courage and starts to go after individuals in the crowd. He drags one man up to his Hummer and begins to arrest him as his partners watch in disbelief. None of the other officers try to calm him down or rationalize with him..... he's out of control while in full view of dozens of witnesses with cameras.

Good thing it wasn't two gangs shooting it out in the streets. He would have just driven by.

When does the review board begin it's investigation and termination?:n00b:

Top Bottom