• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

firelamp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Hello to everyone, I have just joined this forum. According to Scutter01 , I must post 50 quality posts before I am allowed to use the classified section. He stated it was important that you guys got to know me, my personality, likes and dislikes, so you knew who you were selling your firearms to and who you were talking to.

I am retired from public safety service, I have a passion for firearms, I am not a dealer or scammer and I believe in the second amendment. Occasionally I sell a firearm to get something different or to get an antique.

Scutter01 says I am being inflexible because I think the 50 post rule is stupid. I am guessing those of you out there who are trying to sell your firearm don't give a crap about my personality, what I like of do not like and whether jelly beans are my favorite candy. You just want to sell your firearm legally and get the cash.

Currently, I am trying to find a nice sks or mosin nagant as a christmas present for my Marine son-in-law who just returned from Afganistan where he risked his life for me and you. Yet Scutter01 says I cannot contact any of you who might have one of these firearms for sale until I post 50 times. Dumb rule, one which has not been fully explained to me and the rationale behind it.

SO IF ANYONE OF YOU HAS ONE OF THESE FIREARMS FOR SALE AND WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT BELLIGERENT&ENTITLED@SOMEISP.COM .

Sorry if I have offended any of you, but I do not have the time to sit at my computer and post 50 quality posts, as Scutter01 calls them.

Secondly, if you agree with me that this rule is stupid, please feel free to express that opinion to Scutter01.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Hello to everyone, I have just joined this forum. According to Scutter01 , I must post 50 quality posts before I am allowed to use the classified section. He stated it was important that you guys got to know me, my personality, likes and dislikes, so you knew who you were selling your firearms to and who you were talking to.

I am retired from public safety service, I have a passion for firearms, I am not a dealer or scammer and I believe in the second amendment. Occasionally I sell a firearm to get something different or to get an antique.

Scutter01 says I am being inflexible because I think the 50 post rule is stupid. I am guessing those of you out there who are trying to sell your firearm don't give a crap about my personality, what I like of do not like and whether jelly beans are my favorite candy. You just want to sell your firearm legally and get the cash.

Currently, I am trying to find a nice sks or mosin nagant as a christmas present for my Marine son-in-law who just returned from Afganistan where he risked his life for me and you. Yet Scutter01 says I cannot contact any of you who might have one of these firearms for sale until I post 50 times. Dumb rule, one which has not been fully explained to me and the rationale behind it.

SO IF ANYONE OF YOU HAS ONE OF THESE FIREARMS FOR SALE AND WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT BELLIGERENT&ENTITLED@SOMEISP.COM.

Sorry if I have offended any of you, but I do not have the time to sit at my computer and post 50 quality posts, as Scutter01 calls them.

Secondly, if you agree with me that this rule is stupid, please feel free to express that opinion to Scutter01.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

You're off to a fine start!

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This ain't a classifieds board, buddy.

Over/under on how long this'll last? Or how long it'll last unedited?

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, how dare I enforce the site rules? Who the hell do I think I am, anyway? I should bend the rules for anyone who PMs me with belligerent demands in the middle of the night! I must be some sort of a power-mad tyrant! It's completely unreasonable of me to write a detailed explanation of the rationale behind our 50-post rule, include helpful links to the specific place in the INGO FAQ that discusses it more fully, and answer follow-up questions! I really should have gone over to his house with a bundt cake and sat down around the kitchen table with him to discuss it in person! What the hell is the matter with me, anyway?! :xmad:

This ain't a classifieds board, buddy.
    But he's on like ten other boards that don't require a minimum post count! That should count here, too!

Over/under on how long this'll last? Or how long it'll last unedited?

-J-

Edited only to remove contact information.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I can only assume you informed him of the Site Supporter option? If he wants to be that pissy about the 50 posts rule, why not take that option?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Why is it that people think they can fly into a forum, rip its members and rules, and think that their one opinion is going to change the way 18000+ people accept things to operate?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ban the POS and good riddance.
    He may have just gotten off to a bad start. There should be an opportunity for repentance.

However, if this doesn't turn around, I agree. Why would we want someone that's going to act like that among us?

Also, can't you buy a mosin for around 100-130 at most gunstores around Indy? Doesn't seem like it would be much cheaper on here.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can only assume you informed him of the Site Supporter option? If he wants to be that pissy about the 50 posts rule, why not take that option?

Of course I did. He claimed I wasn't "getting his point", but I got it just fine. He wanted to snipe our classifieds and then disappear and was irritated that there was a teeny tiny obstacle in his way. He was hoping to argue me into a loophole that would let him do whatever he wanted to do, and I refused. So then he posted a public rant calling me out and inexplicably berating me for upholding the site rules.

My favorite is when they complain that all of the other forums they're on don't require it, so we shouldn't either. I'm not sure what all of those other forums have anything to do with us or why INGO should be the same as them. If they were all the same, there wouldn't be any point in having more than one place.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He may have just gotten off to a bad start. There should be an opportunity for repentance.

However, if this doesn't turn around, I agree. Why would we want someone that's going to act like that among us?

Oh, you have no idea. You're only seeing his final flame-out. This went on all night. It started out with an obnoxious and demanding PM to me (actually to the whole staff, but I got stuck with responding to it).

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    My favorite is when they complain that all of the other forums they're on don't require it, so we shouldn't either. I'm not sure why all of those other forums have anything to do with us or why INGO should be the same as them. If they were all the same, there wouldn't be any point in having more than one place.
    Rules like that are the sole reason I'm on INGO and not other sites. :D

Just point him in the direction of Armslist.com so he can find out why we don't want to deal with some Joe Shmoe off of the street that isn't willing to jump through a few small hoops.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just point him in the direction of Armslist.com so he can find out why we don't want to deal with some Joe Shmoe off of the street that isn't willing to jump through a few small hoops.

I did point him to Armslist. That got him even angrier. He couldn't understand that we're not a classifieds forum and that we want to do everything we can to encourage people to participate in the discussions. We've had MANY members say that they were only here for the ads and they stuck around BECAUSE we pushed them into participating. They've said that they had no idea how much stuff was on INGO and that they would have missed out completely if we didn't have the 50-post rule.

He's a pos for stating his opinion??? I guess I'm one too! I do it all the time!

I wouldn't call him a POS, but I'd say it's not for stating his opinion but for being obnoxious and demanding about it.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Just read his first post in the introduction area.....said he lives in Michigan. Did they run out of Mil - Surp rifles up there?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Just read his first post in the introduction area.....said he lives in Michigan. Did they run out of Mil - Surp rifles up there?
    I didn't see that... but, now he's wanting us to break the law by doing a private party sale to a non-resident? THAT gets him on my POS list. :D

Are we sure he isn't one of the geniuses from the BATF? I hear they don't mind crossing a boarder with a gun. :rofl:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom