• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Ok, Ive been stewing on this for awhile. I want to say a couple things and say sorry for my words/actions/behavior.

1.) I made a thread a week or two ago called "bsuPD rant" I made some unfair statements about ALL the university leos here on campus. I have a temper problem. Nothing to the extreme that I would go into a blind rage or something dangerous like that. I just get emotionally/verbally flustered sometimes and I shouldnt have said what I said, especially on a public forum. "Nothing nice to say, dont say it at all" I like cops. I think they are important and I value their services and sacrifices. My friends and I have just had our fair share of azzholes here at Ball State (minority), which in turn give the good ones (majority) a bad name, which in turn makes me instantly respond like im dealing with that same type of officer. Im a big believer of, treat as you would want to be treated. I dont want to be treated like a dick so I shouldnt act like one. Especially since the only thing the guy did was look at me for a brief period of time.

2.) I want to say sorry to irishfan for giving you negative rep. You gave me a negative rep because I was "being ridiculous". I absolutely was, no doubt about it. I just wish you would have PMed me or something instead of going straight to negative reping me. I am sorry. I plan to give you a positive rep to negate the negative as soon as I have more rep/ I can give it to you again.

3.) This one is kind of random. I like to think I know a fair amount about guns. I feel pretty confident with them and I LOVE learning new things and teaching others what I have learned. However, I am still learning, I am no expert, and I do not want my opinions to come across as fact. I want to say sorry to anyone that feels as if I have made blanket statements about my gun preference compared to theirs. Specifically in a xd vs glock thread. Flame wars are dumb, and I did nothing constructive to keep it at a civilized conversation. (as opposed to bickering).

All I want is to make friends on here. I want to be a part of the community. I want to learn everything I can, and teach everything I know. If I have ever strayed you wrong, believe me, I thought that was the right thing to say and I only wanted the best for you. This is a forum, but I feel like this community is like a family... A really great, sometimes dysfunctional (ATM, im looking at you :laugh: ), but otherwise great family.

I am sorry to all. I hope you can forgive me and see that I am really making an effort to try and redeem myself. BTW no mod told me to do this, just wanted to clarify that this isnt a punishment. This is honest words coming from a humble 20 year old who just loves guns, shooting, and the people who want to shoot with me.

Thanks for your time,
    -Ed-

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    A nice apology Ed (I mean this sincerely). The real test is to come though, in how you conduct yourself from here foreward. Everyone screws up from time to time, a decent person tries to learn from that and do better the next time. A jerk is someone who keeps screwing up the same things over again.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ed, first off I don't have a clue about your points (1) and (2). I simply rarely get out in any of the threads here besides guns and reloading... LOL... But if it was like you described, a huge +1 for the apology.

As for your third point... I can say even though we just spoke a few words a couple weeks ago at the meet in Ft. Wayne, I can be fairly confident that your intention in the thread that you referenced, was not to stir anything up. It is fairly obvious of your passion toward what you find works for you and what you like. Many are guilty of that, including myself. I came in toward the end of that thread and saw nothing that you should beat yourself up over.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. Im a good guy. I always try to be fair, polite, and respectful of others. My parents did a good job. I just go on tangents sometimes and it takes me a few minutes, days, or even weeks to realize what a dumba** I was. I know everyone on here has different opinions/biases/experiences with everything, but the last thing I want is to come off as an arrogant a**hole know it all who really doesn't know anything.

Thanks again for the support and understanding.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom