• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I saw two little girls, I'd guess the oldest was probably 6 or 7, the younger one I'm guessing 4, maybe 5. They were walking up to the crosswalk in front of Walmart when some jackass going probably 30 blows through. If the oldest girl didn't look and stop her sister they would both have been ran over, the jackass speeding through the lot didn't even hit the brakes, all while mom was 20' behind with her nose shoved in her phone! Rant off!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Mom needs a good old west side beat down.....Oh yeah.
    Yep, and the idiot speeding through the lot needs one to, it was just about a bad situation all the way around, sure glad that little kid was smart enough to look and stop her sister, I would never want to see the outcome if she hadn't!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Did you stop and say something to the older sister (in front of the mom) like... "I saw you save your little sister! That was brave and smart!" (so the mom knew something major happened while she was distracted)?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Did you stop and say something to the older sister (in front of the mom) like... "I saw you save your little sister! That was brave and smart!" (so the mom knew something major happened while she was distracted)?
    No, I didn't, I was sitting in the car waiting on my daughter, she needed a couple things for school, I said ok, I'll take you, here's the card, return with a receipt and my card and your school stuff. I was probably 20-25' away, they would have been inside by the time I got there, while mom was still texting walking across the lot:ugh:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I waited for my wife outside Noblesville Walmart the other night and I seen 3 times where someone stopped for a person to cross the parking lot only to have someone pass them into oncoming traffic, several people almost hit, several near wrecks, absolute crazy!

No one simply cares and people on foot are just as bad, no SA what so ever!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I waited for my wife outside Noblesville Walmart the other night and I seen 3 times where someone stopped for a person to cross the parking lot only to have someone pass them into oncoming traffic, several people almost hit, several near wrecks, absolute crazy!

No one simply cares and people on foot are just as bad, no SA what so ever!
    QFT, and God forbid we actually follow traffic laws, ya know, like pedestrians in the crosswalk have the right away???:ugh:

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    A couple of years back at the Franklin Walmart, an older lady was ran over by a girl texting. The lady was just walking into walmart. The walmarts are horrible anymore. either the pedestrians don't look and just assume that someone is is going to stop, or the cars are just going to blow through the Yield/stop areas (all Walmarts have a Yield or stop section in front of their doors).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know, we about got creamed walking to the NRA show Sunday. It's like they don't even teach that anymore.

They do not "Teach" anything anymore. Drivers education got dropped long ago due to cost. But they can build new stadiums and pools......:dunno:

I taught my kids from age 12 to drive and do it right. I also paid for driving school to get the good insurance rates.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hang out at a local public school someday when parents are dropping their kids off. Many of them seem to think the parking lot is a NASCAR track. Its hard to believe there aren't more accidents.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hang out at a local public school someday when parents are dropping their kids off. Many of them seem to think the parking lot is a NASCAR track. Its hard to believe there aren't more accidents.

I use the same example as to why the world is turning up-side down. Just watch the parents dropping off/picking up their kids.
    They do not follow basic rules and safety.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Drivers definitely need to be aware(especially to CYA), meanwhile I see way to many people walking who do NOT use crosswalks texting and never look up then if someone in a car gets within 10 feet of them they want to act like it's the driver who is the problem:rolleyes:.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    It just amazes me the number of people driving/walking/sitting/living, with the dam phone stuck in their ear. WTF over. I use a work issued cell phone extensively. NOT when I am driving.

Top Bottom