Some ****** ****** just tried to steal my truck.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Out of my own damn driveway. Woke up to squealing tires and the wife yelling at me that "someone is stealing our truck!". Lucky for me he high-centered it on a piece of firewood that was next to it and couldn't get the job done. The column is cracked, there are scratches dowm the passenger side, and he smashed into and damaged my fence. I got a good look at him as I was coming out of the house with .45 in hand, but being barefoot and in my underwear I couldn't catch him. BGPD was close by but couldn't locate him either. I'm so ****ty right now, and he's lucky Indiana doesn't allow the killing of thieves.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I live in beech grove as well. Without volunteering too much information (with respect to your privacy) about what area of beech grove did this occur? I'll have to keep an extra eye out for suspicious individuals.

A few weeks ago while I was at work my wife said someone came up and knocked on the door and rang the doorbell. She just looked out the window on the main door and a guy said "I need help, I ran out of gas". She told him to fund somewhere else because she wasn't interested. She said as he walked away he was attempting to look into our windows. The glock has been extra close since then and I out a new back door and deadbolt on that week.

VostocK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Who wrecks a car backing it out of a driveway ? Sounds like a dumb kid. What did they look like ?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This worries me. I don't live far at all from where this happened. And just the other night I had someone at my door asking about subscriptions to the Sunday paper. He seemed a little suspicious. Kept looking in through my front door and scanning the room. I guess I'll have to actually get up and check every time the dogs bark now.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    My neighbors were letting their dog out last night around 830 when it started barking/growling. Someone was either looking in their ElCamino or casing the house. The car is about 6 feet from their house at the back corner where their porch is. Stupid kid took off running towards the houses behind us instead of running out front where they would of thought the dog saw an animal or something.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I can't stand piece of **** thieves that cause that kind of damage to others just because they don't have a pot to **** in. I wish that one would have caught a nasty case of lead poisoning.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't park it outside, but everyone knows I'm a cop.

Apparently not EVERYONE. LOL

Given your description of the event, I'm pretty sure if they looked over their shoulder and saw you they will be scarred for life. So you have that consolation.

Glad they didn't get it.

I guess given all of the reports on here this am, last night was a pretty busy night.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I live in beech grove too. Those apartments at 9th and Thompson. The fiance and I need to budget ourselves so we can put some good $ down on a house. So we chose to live here.
    I'll tell ya... I've had the handgun and flashlight out more than a handful of times during the depths of the night.
    Once the alarm went off, and the alarm has a 15sec delay from when its triggered and when it goes off. When it woke me up, I probably set a world record for opening a night stand, selecting the first gun I felt, then chambering a rd. Went downstairs and saw the screen door hand been tampered with.
    I also have a silent alarm (notification system) on my gsxr 1000 and cobra. I usually keep them at my parents because they have room, but 1/4 of the time I take them out and they end up in this parking lot over night, I'll get a rude wakeup with my phone flipping s**t at 3 am (have an alarm app). Grab a AR or AK and go to the window. Sure enough there's a punk messing with my vehicle. But a "yell" will usually suffice. BG is theft central!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Out of my own damn driveway. Woke up to squealing tires and the wife yelling at me that "someone is stealing our truck!". Lucky for me he high-centered it on a piece of firewood that was next to it and couldn't get the job done. The column is cracked, there are scratches dowm the passenger side, and he smashed into and damaged my fence. I got a good look at him as I was coming out of the house with .45 in hand, but being barefoot and in my underwear I couldn't catch him. BGPD was close by but couldn't locate him either. I'm so ****ty right now, and he's lucky Indiana doesn't allow the killing of thieves.

That had to be tempting. And now you get to spend your own money repairing the stuff he messed up. Despicable people.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Is your wife a very light sleeper or was she up already? I guess the temperature went up 5 degrees since yesterday so the crime has to come up too eh?

Top Bottom