Interesting message from Bone Frog. Federal 124 gr HST discontinued.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    9MM 124GR Federal Tactical Bonded HP (LE9T1)
    This item is permanently OUT OF STOCK. Federal has stopped production of this product so we do not expect to get more inventory. If this changes and we are able to restock, we will let you know.

mail

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was disappointed to see they have been told they can't sell the 50 round boxes of HST to citizens, LE only. That really sucks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    LE9T1 is not HST. It's Federal Tactical Bonded. 124 gr HST is P9HST1 for standard pressure and P9HST3 for +P. HST is not being discontinued.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What the heck? That is bs that they aren’t allowed to sell hst to non leo.

I Could be wrong, but they arent allowed to sell the 50 round boxes to us.

From my understanding, they are still allowed to charge us out the ass for the 20 round boxes.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here is that part of the email:
    Hollow Point Ammunition (LE Restrictions)
    50 round boxes of LE marketed ammunition has always been intended for Law Enforcement; 20 round boxes are available for standard retail purchasers. The manufacturers are getting stricter on these guidelines as it pertains to online sales, thus we have been asked to abide by indicating this on these product pages and asking customers to register with us in order to purchase these products. Currently we are required to restrict the purchase of 124 grain products, but eventually we anticipate all 50 round LE boxes will be restricted.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What the heck? That is bs that they aren’t allowed to sell hst to non leo.

They can. In different packaging. You can also inquire how to be a "qualified person" as it doesn't have to be LEO.

It's sort of like the "not for individual sale" packaging on some items. You can buy it, just perhaps not in the quantity you prefer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I bet we can also assume the sku P9HST1-1000 is also right-out as well.:):

(Cant find cases of the stuff at places that normally have tons)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Time for someone to set-up a group buy? Ridiculous....it looked like the 50 round boxes of Speer Gold dot were still a decent price at least last night.

Is it bad that I don't see the 50 round boxes as a discount to LEO so much as the 20 round boxes are there to grab maximum profit from everyone.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have always refused to buy 20/25 round boxes. I just never understood why I wanted to buy a box of 9mm that barely filled up and in the case of the P320 mags don't fill up one single magazine.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    LE9T1 is not HST. It's Federal Tactical Bonded. 124 gr HST is P9HST1 for standard pressure and P9HST3 for +P. HST is not being discontinued.

According to Target Sports USA, the HST is being discontinued, at least at TS it is. Maybe it's a specific retailer by retailer thing?? The following came from the 147g HST standard pressure page (P9HST2).

[FONT=&amp]Question:Why the sudden extreme price increase? - Patrick (09/21/2018)
    Response:Hi Patrick, once this inventory is sold we will not be able to get more in stock. Thank you for buying HST ammo online at TargetSportsUSA.com

[/FONT]

As far as the 50 rd boxes being LE only, I've purchased 50 rd box of both HST and Gold Dots from Target Sports without any questions about being a LEO or not. Maybe it's changed since the last time I bought some, but there's nothing in the description about having to be LEO to buy 50 rd boxes.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Look again. You got one of their last cases.

And that's why I bought as soon as I got the email.

... Maybe it's changed since the last time I bought some, but there's nothing in the description about having to be LEO to buy 50 rd boxes.

HST is not being discontinued by Federal.

See post #8 for the relevant info from Bone Frog Gun Club about LEO only for 50 round boxes. Apparently, all sellers haven't been pressured into this yet but no other sellers have consistently came close to BFGC's low pricing either.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    According to Target Sports USA, the HST is being discontinued, at least at TS it is. Maybe it's a specific retailer by retailer thing?? The following came from the 147g HST standard pressure page (P9HST2).

The new part number for the 147gr ammo in the new retail packaging is P9HST2S.

It is not being discontinued.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    See post #8 for the relevant info from Bone Frog Gun Club about LEO only for 50 round boxes. Apparently, all sellers haven't been pressured into this yet but no other sellers have consistently came close to BFGC's low pricing either.

Maybe TS will change and only 50rd boxes will be LE only. Who knows.

The new part number for the 147gr ammo in the new retail packaging is P9HST2S.

It is not being discontinued.

Thanks for the correction. My bad. That is the current number for the 20 rd retail boxes. So, it's not being discontinued, but are they just going for 20 rd only boxes?

Top Bottom