• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I haven't seen anything about Husqvarnas commercial series in this thread, any info on those? We've now looked at several different brands and the Husqvarnas appear to be the most solidly built. We're starting to lean heavily towards the Kawasaki engine based on what has been said here and what we've read in our research. We've pretty much narrowed to Husqvarna, Ferris, and Kubota, all gas engined. The only Ferris dealer I spoke with gave me the impression that he thought I was stupid, while it may be true I don't pay people to treat me that way so I may try another Ferris dealer, irregardless I won't be buying from him. I'm going to be taking advantage of the 0% interest that they have all offered and have been approved by all so it is now a matter of demo rides. We'll be deciding in the next two weeks. Thanks all for your input!

Not many people in the lawn industry that use the Husqvarna mower's, some use their chain saws and blowers though.

Find another Ferris dealer, Ferris is head over heals better then Kubota or Husqvarna and I don't think anyone would argue that...... very few will argue that Ferris is not the best....

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Grasshoppers Rule!

OP, Congratulations on your decision to consider a ZTR mower. Get one with the largest mower deck you can handle. And I'd recommend to get one with the deck that lifts/folds up so you can service the blades without laying down/crawling/struggling to get under the deck.

*GRASSHOPPER* all the way, baby!!!

Ours takes care of 10 acres of woodsy, pasture, floodplain, sticks & branches, etc.
    I will NEVER use a belly-mower again unless forced (we got the Grasshopper around 2001 & have never looked back).

ZTR mowers are such an advancement over belly mowers.
    1) you can get the mower blades/deck UNDER the thorny bushes without putting yourself there
    2) you can turn it around at the end of the row between hardwood trees planted in lines, with no room at the end of the planting (no side-of-field left unplanted).
    3) It has 6 weight-bearing tires, and you can get the mower deck out over the creek edge without falling in (putting one mower-deck tire out over the creek, suspended in the air... come at the creek edge at a 45 degree angle).
    4) You can actually use the mower deck to push large objects out of your way (like huge limbs or chunks of trunk) (don't tell my husband I do that)
    5) of course, you can mow extremely close to trees, fenceposts, etc.

We just can't believe sometimes, how we ever survived without the ZTR!
    You would not be disappointed if you bought a ZTR. Any brand.
    :patriot:

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Let me give you my experience with a Scag. I bought a Tiger Cub new in 2007. I now have only 172 hours on it and the left hydraulic pump to the rear wheel will have to be replaced. Granted there is a 2 year warranty and that is up but 172 hours c'mon get real. If you check the website they are giving a 3 year 500 hour non-commercial warranty on their motors. Why is that they suddenly decided that their drive motors are much better that they were before. Watch out buying from Scag and be sure to get anything to do with their warranty in writing.

Top Bottom