• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Anyone ever seen one of these before? Know anything about it? I'm not very impressed with their website as it's got a lot of misspellings and missing content. I can't even tell if this is an actual, shipping product. It looks interesting, and at about $200 looks like it might be cheap fun, unless the thing is explodey or falls apart after ten rounds.

uBUPyWM.jpg

Zip Factory The Future of Fun

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I haven't seen one in the wild yet, but I first saw of them a couple months ago and have been looking for one to play with. There's one in the classifieds here but the company selling it wants $275 for the version without a magazine when the MSRP is $200, I will pay MSRP for something I want to try out, but I refuse to pay over.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I haven't seen one in the wild yet, but I first saw of them a couple months ago and have been looking for one to play with. There's one in the classifieds here but the company selling it wants $275 for the version without a magazine when the MSRP is $200, I will pay MSRP for something I want to try out, but I refuse to pay over.

This, there's someone in the classifieds doing exactly that and probably has some movement on it... Just like the LCP and other high demand, gimme gimme gimme now guns that are odd or fill a niche not covered, people will invariably pay more to get one now. Heck, take a look at the Keltec bullpup thing or even the KSG... What people are paying for those, they need their heads examined.

But, hey, it's their money. I choose to keep mine until the pricing is correct with MSRP or lower ;)

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I... I don't know what to do with my hands...

Seriously, how do you wield this thing?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Also, does anyone else question the intelligence of putting one's hands THAT close to the muzzle to cycle the weapon???

Id didn't look all that close to me, but it was hard to tell.

I... I don't know what to do with my hands...

Seriously, how do you wield this thing?

I only found one video on the site, but it was so poorly produced that you couldn't see the grip or function of the thing for more than a second at time as it kept cutting away to a title card, and half of the views were over the shoulder of the shooter, so you couldn't see it at all. From what little I could see, it looked like a more-or-less normal grip, if you can believe that.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It simply makes me miss the old intratec 22.

I suppose this would be the closest thing to one of those. May be a nifty range toy, but I think the price needs to drop further before it's even worth considering.

$130-150 seems pretty ideal, if not cheaper.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Scutter, I think you push in that stick above the barrel into the gun to cycle the bolt. RIGHT near the muzzle. People can't even keep the muzzle downrange let alone away from their heads or fingers. This thing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I found another video. Here they are:

[ame]http://youtu.be/JP9lu0qo9Kg[/ame]
    [ame]http://youtu.be/hbGJSEpSveQ[/ame]

Somewhat normal grip with 10-rd mag:
    iQX63OA.png

Super awkward grip with 30-rd mag:
    Q5yj6dK.png

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter, I think you push in that stick above the barrel into the gun to cycle the bolt. RIGHT near the muzzle. People can't even keep the muzzle downrange let alone away from their heads or fingers. This thing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Holy crap, you're right. Check out pages 12 and 13 of the operator's manual on their website. It's got a picture of him working the action and his knuckle is covering the barrel while his index finger appears to be on the trigger (although the angle is probably deceiving). I think I'll pass on this pistol, thanks.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Holy crap, you're right. Check out pages 12 and 13 of the operator's manual on their website. It's got a picture of him working the action and his knuckle is covering the barrel while his index finger appears to be on the trigger (although the angle is probably deceiving). I think I'll pass on this pistol, thanks.

Hence why I won't pay over MSRP for one. It's something I want to play with to see what I think about it, and if I don't like it I don't want to take a bath on selling it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

From a range officer stand point, this is a night mare. People can't keep their trigger fingers out of the trigger guard when not shooting as it is. Combine this dangerous action with a dangerous placement of other hand, they will be explaining to their friends in a bar a week later why they can only give a high-4 instead of 5...

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Also, does anyone else question the intelligence of putting one's hands THAT close to the muzzle to cycle the weapon???

I do exactly that each time a see a thread for this gun. Seems neat overall, but that is just horrible design imo (unless the pics are just misleading and it's not that close)

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I picked mine up today. Hope to post some pics and do a review over the weekend once I get it to the range...

I will say on my first impression is that feels very good in my hand and is much more ergonomic than it appears. It is very futuristic and you kind of feel like Judge Dredd wielding it around.

I think you can cycle the action without being in risk of placing your hand over the muzzle, but I do wish it were a little further away. The right hand level is indented enough were you can easily do it without covering the muzzle. Pics may show it better...

Top Bottom