• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    At first I thought it was because of his second passport, and not the PayPal money because obviously, anyone with a room-temperature IQ knew he had it. It was established to cover his living expenses (since he couldn't work and was in hiding, with the government's approval), and potential attorney fees (which were not necessary yet). After all, the second passport was obtained in 2004 after he thought he lost his first one.

But the judge dismissed the second passport as normal in this case, but nailed him on his wife lying about the PayPal account. Because she lied about the money they potentially had to pay bail, he revoked Zimmerman's bail. This surprised me because everyone was aware of this PayPal account (which was turned over to his attorney and put into a trust). It was in every newspaper beforehand.

The entire thing is f'ed up.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I don't think it's BS or political.

Testimony at the bond hearing:

Zimmerman's atty (to Z's wife): "Are you aware of any financial means that could assist you in those costs?"

Z's wife: "Not that I'm aware of"

That was the time she should have brought the PayPal account to the attention of the court, on the record. She didn't. Then there is the silly "code" on the phone calls. Now whether or not it was intentional to mislead the court to set a low bail, I don't know. The judge seemed to think so.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    One way or another to appease the media & political figures, this zimmerman is going to P A Y

The Libs and the Race Baiter's are worried and rightfully so that these trumped up charges will go away so they are searching for anything else to charge him with. The extra money raised may also be funding his Legal Defense. Heaven forbid that George Zimmerman have a top rated expensive lawyer. Money Laundering, RICO, who knows what these desperate progressives will try. The Irony is that he never would have raised the money except for the outlandish Bail imposed.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Even though I'm skeptical of the details of this case (read: I'm not siding with the Zimmerman or anti-Zimmerman crowd), I don't think he has a shot at a fair trial. He's been tried in the court of the media and it's going to be a serious uphill battle for him. Hopefully he has at least one juror who can read the laws and interpret them without bias.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Unless it's something weird like his first attorneys told him to say that, he lied to the judge. He deserves to be in the slammer for that till they decide whether or not he's a murderer too.

Top Bottom