• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I did the IBZO zeroing thing, and tested the click setting ona 300yd range and they didn't match up, so I wouldn't waste my time ever again fiddling with the elevation drum. Just nail you target at 50yds, then aim 6" high at 300yds...

If you set your 50/200 at -2MOA from your 300 marking, how did it not match up back at 300? :dunno:

If aiming 6" high at 300 achieves the desired POI (2MOA holdover), so should clicking back up the same +2MOA to the 300 marking.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ATM,

It shouldnt happen at all, but it does a lot. Troy, Colt, Bravo company, LMT, Daniel Defense, Larue, all hae same plane rer sights. I have seen way too many duty rifles zeroed one day and miss the target the next day because the shooter flios the sight. 12 inches is normal...6 inches i about the minimum thst i have seen.....Crazy

That may occur, but it is not normal. Either the sight is defective or the shooter is.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I did the IBZO zeroing thing, and tested the click setting ona 300yd range and they didn't match up, so I wouldn't waste my time ever again fiddling with the elevation drum. Just nail you target at 50yds, then aim 6" high at 300yds, don't even touch the elevation drum. GI's don't stop in a gunfight to adjust elevation. It is only a matter of inches, so adjust your holdover as necessary. And, use a good red dot as soon as your happy with your iron sight abilities. Don't go to training with irons.

PS, reading posts above about aperature...use small apperature always, large is for CQB, where precision doesn't matter.

You are not a Marine rifleman. Just an observation, not an indictment. Not everybody can be a Marine rifleman.

Anybody can be a GI. I know, because I was one. When it comes to shooting, my best friends are Marines. I was taught to shoot by old Marine riflemen. I will always be eternally grateful for their patience. Your statement would never be made by a Marine rifleman.

BTW, all military riflemen use what is called "Battle sight zero" This is a zero that allows hits from contact out to 300 yards. It is what this thread is all about.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You are not a Marine rifleman. Just an observation, not an indictment. Not everybody can be a Marine rifleman.

Anybody can be a GI. I know, because I was one. When it comes to shooting, my best friends are Marines. I was taught to shoot by old Marine riflemen. I will always be eternally grateful for their patience. Your statement would never be made by a Marine rifleman.

BTW, all military riflemen use what is called "Battle sight zero" This is a zero that allows hits from contact out to 300 yards. It is what this thread is all about.

Now that I think back about it though, I was using a 11.5" barrel, so that could explain why the clicks didn't match POI. Still, I personally wouldn't bother with adjusting my rear sight drum ever again, since it just isn't that important to me anymore to have POA = POI. I was so obsessed with that for so many years, but not anymore. You can do it however you want. I was just stating that I won't bother, because after I get my irons zeroed at 50yds/m, I'm happy with that. My Aimpoint doesn't have a BDC.

I am just a target shooter and hunter, not a professional sniper, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm sure you can find plenty of people that feel the way I do, and plenty that love doping their iron sites to achieve the same results. It may be interesting to hear from some Marines. As far as I know, after training, they all use Aimpoints now.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom